Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

Hi guys,

I thought I'd share my recent light purchase from Alibaba.

Purchased this 240w (504pcs lm301H +24PCS CREE XPE 660NM+8PCS CREE IR+8PCS LG UV) board from Geek Light - https://geeklight.en.alibaba.com/pr...ow_light_for_2x4_tent_grow_monster_board.html

Payment sent May 18th and package received June 1st (so 10 business days). Package sent from Geeklight warehouse to Alibaba factory, shipped to South Korea, then Anchorage, then Kentucky then Canada and sat in my local UPS for 4 days).

I paid $340 CAD (or about $240 USD). Light + shipping + transaction fee = $315 CAD + import tax = $25 CAD.

The light is awesome, looks to be really great quality, it was pre assembled, so plug and play when I got it. The individual waterproof switches look solid. I've installed the light, switched to flowering and my plants are loving it!

Only thing to mention is that as this will be used in my flowering tent, I requested 3000k and received 3500k. I've ordered a second 240w to replace the 2x 600w COB+Blurple lights you see in the pic. They gave me a 10% discount on the second purchase. Tent is 3x3 flowering at the moment. I have a Vivosun 2 in 1, so have and extra 1x3 behind the reflective divider. QB is hanging @ 24" and COB/blurples at about 12".
If that was my tent and this is just my 2 cents but I would keep 1 of those blurple right in the middle and run you qb's on the side......

DrMAxwellJ

DrMAxwellJ

@Farmingbuds will do! I paid shipping and import fees through UPS already so woudl be surprised if they try to bill further

@StefanWolf I'm not pissed. I ordered a second with 3500k with the 10% discount. Whos to say this wouldnt be a better combo than 2x with 3500k?! Heavier things to be pissed in the world than a small mistake like this.

@basscaptain Your 2 cents is spot on. I was think of keeping both in between the 2x QBs. Especially when I open up to 3x4 flowering. But may only keep one in.. the other is still in the return period through Amazon and no longer needed with QB #2 on the way.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Blue strips won't make a huge difference but it will bring down the life of your board. Stick to crees. Better off using a 3500k or 4000k or 5000k for that. Then adding in blues. You'll get more out of your board too.
we will have to agree to disagree here.....

if your running a blue strip 25-30w it's just that................................... I have a 50w KB Cob.............................
yes it does make a diff... and it has nothing to do with i qb light......

Farmingbuds

Farmingbuds

@Farmingbuds will do! I paid shipping and import fees through UPS already so woudl be surprised if they try to bill further

@StefanWolf I'm not pissed. I ordered a second with 3500k with the 10% discount. Whos to say this wouldnt be a better combo than 2x with 3500k?! Heavier things to be pissed in the world than a small mistake like this.

@basscaptain Your 2 cents is spot on. I was think of keeping both in between the 2x QBs. Especially when I open up to 3x4 flowering. But may only keep one in.. the other is still in the return period through Amazon and no longer needed with QB #2 on the way.
I have my receipt and it shows on the app I paid for shipping but got a letter yesterday saying I owe them 34 more bucks lol.

basscaptain

basscaptain

if that light is paid for and your not out 100$ It's a GOOD BackUp........................................ and if you have a light go down you can use it and still run....... if it's more then that I would send it back and get something else.....

StefanWolf

StefanWolf

we will have to agree to disagree here.....

if your running a blue strip 25-30w it's just that................................... I have a 50w KB Cob.............................
yes it does make a diff... and it has nothing to do with i qb light......

Running blue strips separately is great, but adding them to qb lights brings down the life span of the board, its not worth the trade off imo. Especially if you use it in bloom too. The price of those diodes on qb and their lifespan just isn't good.

For the cost of those blue seperate boards, you could have gotten a plain 5000k, im not to sure which is the better choice but i know lm301b will last a hell of a lot longer than those blue strips. Adding blues to that spectrum would be over kill, this is my thought process.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Thats interesting, they use cree so thats fantastic. Kind of pricy though, for such a small footprint and the price, why did you choose this route? How big is your space?
I got mine for less......... I have used it in veg area 4x8x5 with 2 qb's and a few red strips...........
I have it my 3x3 flower tent right now with the other cob/red and 3 red strips and 2 qb 240w......

Man I have ran a lot of diff things. I'm not typing to type,,,,, lol cause I HATE It...lol
If you have a $$ a mount I can spend it for you fast lol

I have also had that blue cob hunging in my main area...... it's been everywhere......

StefanWolf

StefanWolf

I got mine for less......... I have used it in veg area 4x8x5 with 2 qb's and a few red strips...........
I have it my 3x3 flower tent right now with the other cob/red and 3 red strips and 2 qb 240w......

Man I have ran a lot of diff things. I'm not typing to type,,,,, lol cause I HATE It...lol
If you have a $$ a mount I can spend it for you fast lol

I have also had that blue cob hunging in my main area...... it's been everywhere......
Wouldnt a 5000k 240w trump that 50w blue light and give you more bang for your buck too wattage wise? For just a little more?

basscaptain

basscaptain

Wouldnt a 5000k 240w trump that 50w blue light and give you more bang for your buck too wattage wise? For just a little more?
Maybe I'm not sure.....

never tried it....... when I got mine KB wasn't seling all these diff qb's and I'm not trying to buy a new light every wk anymore....

I wentd lights to run start to finish ........ so 3000k cree and 3500k 301b.......................................

if someone would like to hook me up with all new light every 3 months I'll let you kniw what I think about those ... But this works for me....................

Cadydid420

Cadydid420

Spider farm will set you up with a tent and 1 of there lights if you went to do a log for them also... there 1 of 3 that hit me up...... my problem is I cant ru7n a log like these people would like.......
Basscaptain please let me know more about doing this....
My flower area is almost finished. I have a veg tent but i use a 4ft T5. Id love to use the t5 for clones and seeds and put something better in the veg tent.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Sw I'm a out door guy I have all ways had bro's that grow inside... I have been around it but NEVER wanted to do it...... If you asked me 1 yr ago today I would of said I'll Never grow indoor's......

well life happens
I was going to throw 500$ at this with 1 tent and etc.....
@Buzzer777 I love this guy....

He told me to stop screwing around and buy the 301b Cree in 3000k for 176.00 I think at the time.......
I got that then a 301b top bin in 3500k and the 301hCree ir uv
then I started building my own 2700k and 3000k strips and far red at 25 a pop plus drivers and etc form e-bay.....

then I got the 1st v2 3000k ir uv cree they put out.........

so even 66$ for a 50w cob in Cree is a Good price........ for plug and play......................... but I got the cob's on my last 301b top bin 3500k that I got..

Now they have a ton....

Like I said if I had to do it again right now I would do things diff.... But it's like anything.... I'll never be 100 % happy cause I know it's not the SUN..... and you can all ways do something diff.

Now I'm not saying my way is the right way...... But it works for me and I can Back what I'm saying..... I'm not guess I know this work.....................

Top Bottom