Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

yes I havn't looked in a long time but when they 1st came out it was just pice of aluminum not like my 240

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Exactly. For some reason i would also think that since you can space them more, it got more coverage? At first i liked the idea of 2x 480w + 1x 240 versus 5x 240w.

Cooling will be easier with them spaced, absolutely. I haven't bought a 480w one, but the 320's come with the same heat sink as the 240's. Could also do 4 of those if that would work in your space and be more cost efficient. 80 watts more that way, too.

You will get hit on duties for these, so be ready for that. Also Canada post isn't taking payments on delivery, so you have to pre-pay before they'll deliver it.

Conky

Conky

Cooling will be easier with them spaced, absolutely. I haven't bought a 480w one, but the 320's come with the same heat sink as the 240's. Could also do 4 of those if that would work in your space and be more cost efficient. 80 watts more that way, too.

You will get hit on duties for these, so be ready for that. Also Canada post isn't taking payments on delivery, so you have to pre-pay before they'll deliver it.

Yeah the duties scare me a little haha. I will ask them to lower the value on the bill but still... Hope it won't be too heavy on duties haha.

I mean until Vicky answer me, i'll still look at my options but i'm 99.9% positive i'll end up with these 240w and call it a day. My favorite option would be 2x 650w strip from meiju but the problem is the way my room is made in the basement, it won't fit. (It's a small room with beams all around to support the house (old house)). So until i move to a bigger place , i'll have to work around this issue by either using a few 240w or something similar which is why i'm prob going with these 240w

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got a question about spread out 240’s vs the 4 board in one set up.

Is the closer 4 boards needed to actually match the penatration of a 1000w hid and grow big bushes rather than a shallow scrog?

They also seem to be higher wattage than 2 240’s combined like the hlg 550.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

They are both overpriced crap if they only last 20 months. ;-)

True!

I would be interested to see the (cost/w):lifetime ratio of HID lights side by side. Not as a matter of being right, more that I have no accurate data points on HID lights by that metric and lack the experience to extrapolate the theoretical knowledge.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

True!

I would be interested to see the (cost/w):lifetime ratio of HID lights side by side. Not as a matter of being right, more that I have no accurate data points on HID lights by that metric and lack the experience to extrapolate the theoretical knowledge.

Well simply put my sun system blockbuster reflectors are built like tanks and show almost no wear in 6 years of continuous use. One is almost 7 years old now. Even the glass is clear and almost scratch free.

And 2 sun system galaxy select a watt ballasts were retired a year and a half ago and both work fine. They would still be going likely. No issues with the new solis tek ballasts going since then either.

Also never had a hortilux bulb fail. And both ushio bulbs i bought this time are also fine.

I paid $135 each for the reflectors on sale. $210 shipped for both new solis tek 600/400 ballasts on sale.

And i think the galaxie grow amps were $140 each or so.

By comparison a 4 board led lamp with an aluminum finned heat sink and a computer brick power supply and a plastic circuit board just by parts and building them should cost a lot less in my opinion.

I think $300 for an hlg 550 is fair.

Order me 4 please :-)

basscaptain

basscaptain

ya I'm still kicking myself in the azz over those HLG that I told CC to get and never got my 4 man I should of got those V1's

I think that's where my next lights will come form that I buy ... on sale/disc at this point I'll get something 50% off

FourthCity

FourthCity

Well simply put my sun system blockbuster reflectors are built like tanks and show almost no wear in 6 years of continuous use. One is almost 7 years old now. Even the glass is clear and almost scratch free.

And 2 sun system galaxy select a watt ballasts were retired a year and a half ago and both work fine. They would still be going likely. No issues with the new solis tek ballasts going since then either.

Also never had a hortilux bulb fail. And both ushio bulbs i bought this time are also fine.

I paid $135 each for the reflectors on sale. $210 shipped for both new solis tek 600/400 ballasts on sale.

And i think the galaxie grow amps were $140 each or so.

By comparison a 4 board led lamp with an aluminum finned heat sink and a computer brick power supply and a plastic circuit board just by parts and building them should cost a lot less in my opinion.

I think $300 for an hlg 550 is fair.

Order me 4 please :-)
But you replace you bulbs every so often right? When I was still using hps I usually replaced my bulbs at least once per year if not twice to avoid light degradation. I think at current rates leds can be as cost effective as hid if you factor the energy saving from being able to reduce wattage over the same footprint, less ac costs to combat heat output, and lower maintenance (no bulb replacement).

That being said, even when a board does fail replacing it is not much more difficult or expensive than replacing a bulb if you assume that they wont need to be replaced nearly as often. The further north you are and the cooler your climate is year round the more cost effective it is to run hid lighting, the comparison to led can be different depending on where you grow.

bigd0776

bigd0776

Do you mean research or COPY, and try to KNOCKOFF? 🙄

BTW..The Kingbrites should have been researched 2 years ago, as there are newer things in the pipeline..
How long before the new stuff is available?

Beersponge

Beersponge

Annnnnd there here. Less then a week since I ordered. Abit of a bird's nest above to sort out and I want to get this other driver outside the tent. I ran out of wire. $31 customs charge. All in $486 CDN. A couple pics at 100% and one at 10%.

20200805 172645
20200805 172711
20200805 172742
20200805 172655
Conky

Conky

It's normal that i'm being asked for my alibaba email/phone#/delivery address so she can make order for me right? guess it's her way to get her cut/better price for me? She's bout to send me the invoice in our conversation.

RonS

RonS

It's normal that i'm being asked for my alibaba email/phone#/delivery address so she can make order for me right? guess it's her way to get her cut/better price for me? She's bout to send me the invoice in our conversation.

You may also wish to confirm the type of power plug desired for your area.

Just a suggestion...(in case they send the wrong kind)

Conky

Conky

You may also wish to confirm the type of power plug desired for your area.

Just a suggestion...(in case they send the wrong kind)

will do. so i guess it's all normal procedure with these request yes? I'm right on when i say it's to get a bigger cut for herself and better deal for me which i'm all good with. ty btw !

Last edited:
Top Bottom