Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sudshead

That's what I do. I run 2 x 240w 3000k kingbrites. I then supplement red and UV when they are needed. On the sides is fine, that's where mine go.

I use these:

And
read this cant recall where but the guy worked for florida state horticultral school and professor said - Basically, it boils down to the fact that plants prefer a full PAR spectrum as provided by white light. Now, many are using various white CoBs solo and getting excellent results, but they can be further enhanced with a few key separate 450 blue and ~ 620 reds. Many tout 660 red as critical, but science proves otherwise. ~ 620 provides > 90% of what 660 does, but is much more efficient= longer life

so maybe by the 620nm red on amazon instead of 660

Spudrick321

Spudrick321

Hi ordered the 240w qb with 3500k ans epistar 660nm after reading all you guys comments, can any one give any height examples who have used this. Height and power for all stages seedlings, veg and flower what height did you hang at in inches and what power on the dimmer did you use, thanks.

godspeed2k86

godspeed2k86

HI godspeed good job you make can you tell me have you lighted same height from small babys to big flowers i will start a new room but it is not so high 170cm if you can help me i will be happy Best Regards Henning
I did the last run but from now on my lights will follow up with the plants

Geoffy

Geoffy

Hi, taking the plunge on some on 9x 320W LM301H.

I've read the whole thread but I'm still a little unsure.

This is a large 4x3meter room and ill be supplementing these lights with HPS as I can't afford to do exclusively LED just yet.

This room is also predominently being used for flowering.

Am i right in thinking I should be getting the 3000K ones and to avoid getting it with epistar or cree 660mn as it's not worth it.

If someone can reassure me I've got the right idea, or correct me if I'm wrong that would be great.

Thanks

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

You're on the right track. The 320w Kingbrites are great lights. 9 of them might even cover your whole area, depending on how things are laid out.

Since you're getting so many, definitely email and see if you can get a price break.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello ! I contacted kingbrite and meijiu, asking if they did sphere test and so on. Meijiu did, kingbrite did not.
Currently got 480w kingbrite.
Will put my money on meijiu next time

Geoffy

Geoffy

Ahh i mess
You're on the right track. The 320w Kingbrites are great lights. 9 of them might even cover your whole area, depending on how things are laid out.

Since you're getting so many, definitely email and see if you can get a price break.

The room is 4x5 sorry, not 3x4, I'm thinking 9 of these and 6 HPS

Ill see what fits best.

Im just not sure whether to just get the 660mn included as I really don't care if I get a few years out of them I'm happy. I cant see myself going to the effort of supplementing them with separate IR and UV lights, I wouldn't even know where to start with doing that. And if I do should I get the upgrade from epistar to cree. its an extra 35USD per kit roughly

Geoffy

Geoffy

Im also seeing I should just get the B rather than the H as they are about 10% lower cost and are just a little less efficient power wise?

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I'd go for the far red, just because. B and H are essentially equal.

Geoffy

Geoffy

I've bit the bullet and bought 9x IP65 Waterproof 320W 3000K LM301H + Cree 660nm

Room will be used predominantly for flower so went for the 3000K over the 3500K.

You can only have the Cree on the H boards,having them on the B boards is not an option.

I dealt with Vicky directly over whatsapp and was invoiced via paypal.

The total cost was 223.8USD per kit.

Shipping cost to the UK was 425USD.

There was a 3.8% paypal charge on top of that which got the payment there instantly rather than a bank transfer for 30USD which can take a couple extra days so for the extra 40ish dollars I just did it.

Total cost to me was 2531.90USD for those that are interested.

I will be using these to fill a room that is around 4 x 5m and supplementing them with 600W HPS bulbs.

Thanks for all those who advised and Aquaman for advising Cree is likely worth the little extra.

Dannydarko4420

Dannydarko4420

Do you mean research or COPY, and try to KNOCKOFF? 🙄

BTW..The Kingbrites should have been researched 2 years ago, as there are newer things in the pipeline..

When you say, "in the pipeline" do you mean not available yet? Or have these newer things available and what are they?

Subhuman

Subhuman

that makes more sense but honestly UV diodes are garbage at this point, they are never detectable by meters than can detect uv light when tests are done on LED grow lights with UV diodes in em & they are uva not uvb, as uvb diodes are crazy stupid expensive & are pretty much garbage too. So why would anyone waste diode space on a board on em to begin with?
Well apogee have the new sensors that read 340 to 1040nm so now testing will be done to see if it’s all the hype or not. On paper anyway.

King2324

King2324

Annnnnd there here. Less then a week since I ordered. Abit of a bird's nest above to sort out and I want to get this other driver outside the tent. I ran out of wire. $31 customs charge. All in $486 CDN. A couple pics at 100% and one at 10%.
Where did you get that grate that you sitting the plants on to drainvg through?

Freed111

Freed111

If I was you I would deal with Vicky @ Kingbrite.........

Not saying Vivi isn't Good But Vicky is the Best...............

Just my 2 cents

Oh I see Mar's is going to try and get involved now lol......... you guys really have missed the boat on light's, cost and CS.....................
Yep, Vicky
bought 1 kingbrite, about 2 years ago, have had 4 successful grows since
quite enough light forv2x4

XxHammer

XxHammer

Any updates on these KingBrites from people who have purchased and used?

I am about to make the leap into LED and will be looking to fill a 12 x12 ft room

It is sounding more and more like KingBrite or Gravita... HLG if I can hunt down a good deal. SpiderFarmer?

Any other LED brands I should consider in this same price range?

BigCube

BigCube

I am about to make the leap into LED and will be looking to fill a 12 x12 ft room

It is sounding more and more like KingBrite or Gravita... HLG if I can hunt down a good deal. SpiderFarmer?

Been using my kingbrites for over a year now. Still going strong. If I was to buy another fixture right this minute, it would be a kingbrite.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

I made a purchase for 2 of them and have completed a grow with them. They are great lights, grew some great hard dense flowers. You will love them. I never put them closer than 18" in flower.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Thank you... I am HEAVILY leaning towards KingBrite brand. I won't be moving into my new place for probably 4-5 months so maybe there will be some new models out by then....I know companies are developing and releasing new products all the time

I'm also interested in SpiderFarmer ... I think I am going to stay away from Mars Hydo

Realgrower420

Realgrower420

Guys does anyone know what happened to kingbrite I see there alibaba Origanal account isnt there anymore the one that was 6 years old any info?

Latest posts

Top Bottom