Kingbrite review

• Thread starter ZenSunniWanderer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Bout to pull the trigger on a couple of these guys for a 4x8. Each bar has it's own independent MW driver. Lm301h/cree far red. Switching from 1000w hps finally. Any insight before I drop a grand on these?
Screenshot 20210929 171846

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello ! Have no experience with that particular light but have been running a 480w board kingbrite, was very pleased.
I think its a solid choice. I have three 240w boards from meijiu, Even with drivers mounted outside tent it gets veery hot in the 4x4, and I am not even doing full power.

Dont think you will regret it. I personally prefer having more units so I can play with hanging heights a bit more

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

The cool part is each bar can be dismounted and mounted anywhere, in another fixture or on shelving or in a bare spot in the tent. You can buy and add more of different spectrums. It seems super solid from what I can tell

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I was not aware of that. That is definitely a nice thing to be able to do.

There are many similar brands but I have a solid impression of kingbrite.
I have kb, meijiu, spiderfarmer and some small stuff

Subhuman

Subhuman

Have you looked at Grow light Science 300? Pretty Impressive numbers and on sale. 120 day satisfaction or return for full refund. Have the new gen 3 hyper reds. I noticed the kingbright has 20 reds per strip. Seems like all those drivers would run hot! But only 2 rows of leds each strip so who knows. I have one with 4 row 306 per strip and can barely turn up past half without exhaust fan running 24/7 on 10 trying to keep up with heat. Something to look into if your set on that light.

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Those look pretty nice but I'm definitely settled on bar style fixtures. The 650w that I'm looking at is ten bars, 140 diodes apiece I believe. Im used to air cooling 1k watt hps, so I'm assuming the temp increase over the extra drivers won't be too devastating for me. I was pretty stoked that if one bar has issues, it can just be disconnected and replaced while only messing with 10% of your footprint.

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

Forgot to mention that I'm unsure if they'll get set to 100% in the current setup. Like ventilation equipment, I'd rather have overkill if it can be dialed back. Makes it easier to grow your setup as well. I've got no experience with flowering under LEDs, but also know I don't "need" 650w over 4x4 and don't really wanna add co2

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

My impression is that the meijiu boards run hotter than the other boards i have. That might be wrong, for me it seems logic that three small lights make more heat than one big.
Thanks anyway good ol Henning

Subhuman

Subhuman

I agree it’s a nice feature to be able to remove bars or turn a couple off. If you decide to try uv there’s no blocking it with bar lights. I’d say invest in a par meter for the switch if can. Or if you have iPhone there’s Korona app that’s real close. I tested it against my apogee 620 and is. Nice to have. I know I had my lights all over the place guessing when i went Indoor. I eventually bought a meter so I could get take the guess work out. Invest in cal mag if not using jacks or equivalent because you will def need it with leds. From the sun to indoor and now in Rdwc. Always something to learn.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Forgot to say that it is meijiu v3 that I have. So I think its that thick. It still brings the growroom to 32degree celsius or more if I dont look out. This is without drivers inside tent.

F

frogyrogy

Forgot to say that it is meijiu v3 that I have. So I think its that thick. It still brings the growroom to 32degree celsius or more if I dont look out. This is without drivers inside tent.
That's one of the things I love about the Scorpion Rspec I run . . . tent temps only rise 2-4° F when the lights come on. I can touch the driver or heatsink anytime and it's never been hot enough to be uncomfortable. A thermometer sitting directly atop the driver is cooler than your room temps of 32° C , of course I have to keep the fixture dimmed to about 80% in the 4x4 (or have to raise it to prevent the leaves canoeing) so I think that helps the fixture run cooler and last longer. I have a Mars TSW2000 for veg and a cheap Barrina 200w led over some strawberries and a few herbs, both are dimmed to 80-85% and still run hotter than the bigger HLG

Glassdub

Glassdub

That's one of the things I love about the Scorpion Rspec I run . . . tent temps only rise 2-4° F when the lights come on. I can touch the driver or heatsink anytime and it's never been hot enough to be uncomfortable. A thermometer sitting directly atop the driver is cooler than your room temps of 32° C , of course I have to keep the fixture dimmed to about 80% in the 4x4 (or have to raise it to prevent the leaves canoeing) so I think that helps the fixture run cooler and last longer. I have a Mars TSW2000 for veg and a cheap Barrina 200w led over some strawberries and a few herbs, both are dimmed to 80-85% and still run hotter than the bigger HLG
Yeah, I expected it to substantially up the tent temp much more than the two SF-2000's I used prior, went up a bit but not much.

THCguy76

THCguy76

After reading through all 69 pages and researching like crazy I am left with no choice but go with HLG. Sadly don't have the money to do, but I look at my PS5 that is an expensive paperweight and see the lack of good exclusives and compare to my ultimate love and passion of growing cannabis, so I decided to sell my PS5 for £500 to a shop, which is great as only paid £450 for it .Then only need to put £100 to it as currently selling for £600 from HGL now.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I have 4 240 watt 3000K panels with red, UV and IR.
All delivered for $765.00
Yea, I think of my 301H panels are 3000k, 350 watts each.
I have decided on 2 x 600w LM301H + Epistar 660nm.

I want to do a review of the boards in the more affordable price bracket. Once you add Cree to the LM301H boards it starts getting more expensive, to the point new growers will not feel comfortable with that level of cost up front.

For two 600w LM301H with 660nm Epistar it will cost $982. This includes shipping. For the Cree it would cost at least $1200 with shipping.
That's exactly what I'm using. Mine are using the cree 660's. I also use a 4 foot t5 (55w) agromax pure UV A+B in there also. these are the best performing units I have, so I use it for flowering. They are a little overpowered for the room, it seems.
IMG 20210917 110012690 1

Glassdub

Glassdub

After reading through all 69 pages and researching like crazy I am left with no choice but go with HLG. Sadly don't have the money to do, but I look at my PS5 that is an expensive paperweight and see the lack of good exclusives and compare to my ultimate love and passion of growing cannabis, so I decided to sell my PS5 for £500 to a shop, which is great as only paid £450 for it .Then only need to put £100 to it as currently selling for £600 from HGL now.
I picked up a HLG Scorpion R Spec for $765.00 total US from Growlight Heaven, pretty happy with it, much more than SF, wish I would have picked it first before the 2 SF-2000s I bought, covers a 5x5 pretty well & runs cooler than expected with efficient power usage.

THCguy76

THCguy76

I picked up a HLG Scorpion R Spec for $765.00 total US from Growlight Heaven, pretty happy with it, much more than SF, wish I would have picked it first before the 2 SF-2000s I bought, covers a 5x5 pretty well & runs cooler than expected with efficient power usage.
The Scorpio looks awesome but at almost £300 more here in the UK I will pass lol. I looked at that site and see the 600r is only £20 more. I actually expected more of a saving as USA is usually much cheaper. I was also originally looking at the Spider Farmer, then Kingbrite then common sense kicked in with all that knowledge I gained and decided on a HLG 600r. I'll be using it in a 4x4 tent with good extraction, though not expecting crazy temps but 600w is still 600w so gonna be giving off a good amount of heat.

Last edited:
login

login

I just placed an order with kingbright. Wired the money friday but vicky says still haven't received my payment. How long does it take for them to get payment?

login

login

I just placed an order with kingbright.

Wired the money friday but vicky says still haven't received my payment. How long does it take for them to get payment?

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

I just placed an order with kingbright.

Wired the money friday but vicky says still haven't received my payment. How long does it take for them to get payment?
Wired? Why not use something instant like PayPal?

Latest posts

Top Bottom