Kush Time

• Thread starter leadsled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Hello farmers. Ready for a grow diary. Was growing non stop and took a break, this is my 2nd run back. Going to be running some new strains.

Strain list:

From clone:
Cush aka green crack
Diablo Og Kush
Skywalker Og Kush
U2 Kush

A generous farmer gifted me these selections:
Lavendar (soma seed)
White fire (fire og x the white) ograskal clone.
White Kush (white hp x pure kush) top dawg seed.

From Seed:
Motarebel Herijuana
Super Silver Haze f2 (breeder unknown)

This run I wanted to do a organic monocrop of skywalker og. But figured it would be better to play it safe with 1/2 the room organic and 1/2 coco.

Been working on getting ready for flower and improving my room as funds allow. Excuse the mess, just re-did my ductwork w insulated hard line and just finished transplanting. Was getting some condensation issues that are now solved. (solved by changing cold intake air to pull dry warmer air from inside)

Currently in 18/6 and experiencing lumen shock. New bulbs and hoods. 1000w hortilux super hps.

Flower Room specs.
10'x11'7.5'
18k window ac
4 - 1000 watt hps. Hydrofarm powerhouse w 6" hoods and hortiliux super hps.
4- 4x4 botanicare trays
Sentinel chc-1 c02 controller w cap dual regulator + 2 -20lb tanks.
2- 6" inline fans for hoods
1- 6" fan w carbon filter for emergency exhuast (or removing sulphur)
1 - 8" fan w carbon filter as room scrubber.
2 - 60 gallon res
5 STAGE R/O
50 pint de-humidifier
Dig irrigation controller
2 1800 gph mag drive pumps for irrigation.
2-40 gallon botanicare res + 1 100 gallon under trays for waste.
4- 360gph pump for removing waste water/nutes
assorted osc and box fans

First off the room tour.
1ductwork.jpg

made some tables so I could move around the trays and get to all the plants.
2tables.jpg

3exitduct.jpg

5emergency.jpg

poor girls. new hard ductwork with insulation. hood and glass are cool to touch.
6intake.jpg

7timer.jpg

8dehuey.jpg

important area for thinking and documenting the grow... lol
9-ro.jpg

9top.jpg

skywalker og - 1st run with this strain and in organic soil. not looking too hot. were under a 400mh now saying wTf lead, your killing us with lumens.
10skywalker.jpg

looking in...
11-lookinin.jpg

diablo og kush in coco. not sure if going to flower her, may run her under 1k and tie her down. with the container she is 6 foot tall.
12-diablo.jpg

skywalker og kush in roots organics soil. perfect pots.
13-skycanopy.jpg

8 u2 kush in coco. #10 pots - 7 gallon
14-U2.jpg

moved the temp sensor for the window ac out of the way. Helps to keep temps more consistent.
15-temps.jpg

floor view of the freshly transplanted u2 kush. u2 and diablo og kush will be run in coco.
16-floor.jpg

got some of my mothers in a closet. Shares enviroment with flower room. 400watt mh + 4' 6 bulb t5
17-momroom.jpg

temporary home for new strains. using some shop light w floros.
mums1.jpg

new house plant :)
skywalker-mom.jpg

Any advice suggestions are appreciate. Please look at the grow as I am a beginner. This is my first run with organics in soil.

Got 3k on right now and lights all the way up. Going to spread em over 4k for flower.

Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas. I want to get a 1000watt mh in the future. That way I can get rid of the delay due to lumen shock.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Great start on the journal and work on the room leadsled! The lineup is killer... I love kush!!! :thinking Do you lower the irrigation feeding intervals in coco a couple weeks before harvest? I've been wondering about that and how to get that many links in my siggy... :wondering. BTW, much respect for the details, too bad my iPhone was touchy when I repped you...

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

looks like you really came across some outstading strains. Look forward to seeing them in full bloom.

S

Spliff-killa

Ummm...dude I think you pretty much have it dialed in!! Everything looks good, nicely set-up, good flavs, CLEAN, not bad. PROPS! I love the (throne) thinking area, all your best thinking is done on the throne!!:anim_19:

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Your room is off the hook Lead! Nice ass line up to boot. Really digging the setup I'll be watchin these babies.

I hope to get 4k going in Jan and chop every month or so.

Couple weeks we'll have to sample all the goodies I have brewing :).

Good Times.

S

Steve Z

man full and proper, on the room the plants and the pictures! dig the contemplating area lol.

cant wait to see this unfold !

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Thanks for all the responses, Appreciate it.

Damn. You came back with a vengeance. Sub'd...

Thanks, trying to make it happen.

Great start on the journal and work on the room leadsled! The lineup is killer... I love kush!!! :thinking Do you lower the irrigation feeding intervals in coco a couple weeks before harvest? I've been wondering about that and how to get that many links in my siggy... :wondering. BTW, much respect for the details, too bad my iPhone was touchy when I repped you...

Thanks for stopping in. I lower the volume but not the intervals towards the end. Will be all coco drip system next round. Drippers for the root organic soil and Hand watering the coco plants this round. Thanks for the rep.

looks like you really came across some outstading strains. Look forward to seeing them in full bloom.

Thanks I am a lucky man. I am also looking forward to seeing some of the new strains bloom. Going to take some time to get through em all. Few more days and will be going into 36 hours of dark then it is on to 12/12.

Ummm...dude I think you pretty much have it dialed in!! Everything looks good, nicely set-up, good flavs, CLEAN, not bad. PROPS! I love the (throne) thinking area, all your best thinking is done on the throne!!:anim_19:

Thanks. Always cleaning frickin coco flies everywhere. Got the extra trays and junk out and gotta be spotless. People always get a kick out of the throne. (monkey u around?) lol.

Your room is off the hook Lead! Nice ass line up to boot. Really digging the setup I'll be watchin these babies.

I hope to get 4k going in Jan and chop every month or so.

Couple weeks we'll have to sample all the goodies I have brewing :).

Good Times.

Thanks for the comments, been working hard to get things cleaned up. Going to flip asap.

You will be killing it with 4k. Going vert? I am thinking of throwin a vert bulb on the side with the larger plants.

Few weeks will be here in no time. Looking forward to some samples of your work. Chop every month that will rule.

man full and proper, on the room the plants and the pictures! dig the contemplating area lol.

cant wait to see this unfold !

Thanks for the comments and stopping by. flowering will be here soon. Excited to see the results.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Quick Update

Quick update and a few pics. Been waiting on skywalker. She is growing now even though she is drooping. I think I may have been under-watering the soil plants (skywalker) May just select the best ones amung the skywalker transplant em and run with them. There are 32 skywalker og, 1 diablo and 8 U2.

Do not have much experience flowering with soiless. One plant in flower and have kept moms. The skywalker's are in perfect pots (2 gallon) medium roots organics w 25% perlite.

Think I would be better off in larger containers?
Debating on stepping up to #5 nursery pots.

The pics.

6-right-side.jpg

6-left-side.jpg

5-skywalker2.jpg

4-skywalker.jpg

Got a deal on a new fan.
3-scrubber.jpg

2-u2.jpg

Had a mishap with the diablo and a fan fell on her. few branches broke, got the remaining branches tied down.

Gotta flip asap.

G

Green Supreme

Hey sled lookin good. I do have one suggestion. Seems like your bulbs are pretty far from the plants. With no hood and bare bulbs{1000's} running proper cooling I can get 8-12 inches from the bulb. Seems to me you should be able to get closer. More lumens is more. Good luck. Will be following along. Peace GS

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nice, 'sled! Pretty packed in there- looks like you're using every available square inch! Tear it up, bro. I love the "thinking area". Every garden needs one; most are not so well thought out! :)

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Hey sled lookin good. I do have one suggestion. Seems like your bulbs are pretty far from the plants. With no hood and bare bulbs{1000's} running proper cooling I can get 8-12 inches from the bulb. Seems to me you should be able to get closer. More lumens is more. Good luck. Will be following along. Peace GS

Yes the lights are as far as they will go on the skywalker og. They are drooping like they are experiencing lumen shock. But there still growing.

With new bulb and hood they were also getting bleached so I backed off the lights. I can get the lights down on the u2 kush and it can handle it. But the og is not taking it as well.

I seem to be stuck between: Lights closer and bleaching or light farther away and none?

Thanks for the suggestion and stopping by.

Nice, 'sled! Pretty packed in there- looks like you're using every available square inch! Tear it up, bro. I love the "thinking area". Every garden needs one; most are not so well thought out! :)

Thanks, appreciate you stopping by. Trying to use all the space I can Maybe little bit too packed thought. Hopefully can pull em down before they hit the ceiling. We will see soon enough.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Day 1 of flower

Day 1 of flower:

Night time: 70F 50% RH
Daytime: 78F 65% RH
c02: 1000PPM

Nutrients:
U2 Kush
CNS17 Grow 16ml per gallon
Liquid Karma 10ml per gallon
Roots Excel 12 drops per gallon
Hygrozyme 5ml per gallon
Ultra Bloom 1tsp per gallon
Drip Clean .5ml per gallon
5.8ph 680ppm
1.25 gallons each plant in 7 gallon pot, Buckets got 2 gallons each.

SKywalker Og
Cal/Mag+ 7ml per gallon
Pure Blend Pro Original 3tsp per gallon
Liquid Karma 10ml per gallon
Roots Excel 12 drops per gallon
Hygrozyme 5ml per gallon
great white 1.5 scoops per 5 gallons
Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses 1tsp per gallon
Silica Bloom 1ml per gallon
Ultra Bloom 1tsp per gallon
6.3ph 800ppm
.25 gallon each plant during lights on.

Foliar:
1tsp per gallon sea fuel bloom
1/2 tsp per gallon sea mineral bloom
1/2 tsp per gallon coco wet.
Hit all plants with foliar spray.

fired up the 4th 1k hps.
yesterday transplanted 2 u2 kush from 7 gallon containers to buckets w 75% perlite 5% coco.
Lowered the lights and moved 4 u2 kush under each 1k. Lowered lights on skywalker side.

Snapped a few shots as the lights came on. few more after I relocated some plants.

1day1-lightson.jpg

day1-beforemove.jpg

canopy-day1.jpg

center-day1.jpg

day1-middle.jpg

day1-right2.jpg

day1-skywalker.jpg

day1-skywalker2.jpg

day1-skywalker3.jpg

rightside-day1.jpg

skywalker-left-day1.jpg

U2-light1-day1.jpg

-Lead

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
damn yo im hearing the monkeys in that jungle!

haha, they might get scared off cause growilla will be arriving in 2 weeks. He's bringing some bud food for the skywalker's.
growilla.jpg

Just need the audio track for the right ambience.

1. download the soundtrack

2. Turn on your speakers and start playing the track.
3. Break out your favorite meds and fire/vape it up.

Enjoy the show!

Thanks for stopping by

Lead

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Hey sled everything looks really nice, sick set up you have. kind of reminds me of my own a little ;] Ill be tuned in.

S

sfzoo

Sup leadsled,

nice looking room, growin some trees! well, they look big anyway..how tall are they?

Was wondering the reason for the difference in nute regimens?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
nice selection of strains and nice setup my dude!

Thanks! Going to take some time before you see some of them in flower. :) Herijuana and ssh look like females.

One heri looks more sativa and the other more indica. maybe I got lucky :)

Sup leadsled,

nice looking room, growin some trees! well, they look big anyway..how tall are they?

Thanks!

Tallest plants are 6 to 7 feet tall. 4/4.5 feet of canopy. They were moms so got the bottoms trimmed and were topped.

tallest are also in 7 gallon container so that make em taller,
2 are in 14 gallon totes.

Testing out the diy earthbox/hempy in my sig on 2 plants.

Was wondering the reason for the difference in nute regimens?

Half of the room is in coco, other half is soil less and more organic based. nutes in the soil (roots organics soil + ffof). Also 2 different strains.

skywalker requires about 25% less food than U2. Was also planning on just using teas/water/topdressing on the soiless to save some $$.

Was in a hurry and hit skywalker with the bottled stuff, was not ideal but is not 100% organic yet anyways. More of a test and first run with soiless.

I could run the same nutes all around to make thing easy. But then I would not be able to test out cns17.
only $25 or less a gallon vs 5o-60 and up to 75-100 for other brands.

Like to also eventually test the homemade nutes to save even more $$ and then show results with more information than just yield.

Want to see if I can deliver yield and quality on the cheap (homemade the cheapest).

Also debating on doing a side by side test with and without bloombastic or bloombastic vs hammerhead/moab.

Tempting, but got alot on my plate and k.i.s.s. holds true here.

Thanks for stopping by.

LEad

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Whats up Lead just checking your grow out. Very nice and clean. I`m really leaning towards dropping my 6`s and getting 1k`s. I just picked up a 8 inch in line.I was going to use it for exhaust but I like the way you have yours set up. I`m sure that sucker moves some air in the room. Sucks about the Diablo. Its all good next time. The only advice I have for you is when your getting ready to run the Diablo Og,run atleast a tray of her. sub`d

Top Bottom