PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Day 80
ME waiting for Amber LOL
View attachment 1246701
Naaa, I was sick with that virus yesterday
Luckly ok today, no sweat.
But was down that day with shivers, sweats, headache and no appitite.
Tested Positive and the wife was down with it couple of days earlier but she also fine now.
Doc gave her antibiotics and Pharnacy where she works gave her double so I took some too.
Really felt how old I am.
Feeling so much better today 😎
Buttttt.............still no amber, thinking Ima gonna chop Tues. no matter what
They will be 12 weeks in the flower tent by then.
Hey, that sucks, any idea where you picked it up? shits gonna get us all eventually. We still mask up in stores and don't have much contact with anyone anymore, Once a month we may see family and or friends. Just us and the cats for the most part.......I got myself a new/old toy today, a leaf blower to clear my cats outdoor runs and walkways, its all screened in but debris gets in and I can't sweep it out so used $40 works like new.

Get better man.......and woman...lol...tough enough this getting old without adding bugs to the mix....

steamroller

steamroller

I don't know if that will make things amber faster ,but hope you feel better !

kuwl

kuwl

Hey, that sucks, any idea where you picked it up? shits gonna get us all eventually. We still mask up in stores and don't have much contact with anyone anymore, Once a month we may see family and or friends. Just us and the cats for the most part.......I got myself a new/old toy today, a leaf blower to clear my cats outdoor runs and walkways, its all screened in but debris gets in and I can't sweep it out so used $40 works like new.

Get better man.......and woman...lol...tough enough this getting old without adding bugs to the mix....
Wifey works at drug store, so their customers are pigs ( Niagara Falls, NY is a real shit hole and most people left here are discusting ), she caught it first so my guess is thats where it came from.
She masks and uses sanitizer on her hands and there is a see thru shield in front of her and we have all out shots except the 2nd booster.
Probably from money transfere is my guess. Our mechanic also got it last week and he also had it for one day and had all shots, so it is going around.
Best news is that it was not half as bad as the flu and it is a one or two day event. No puking lol but I felt like it a few times.
She has copd so hit her harder, me, I complain alot but I've had worse hangovers.

kuwl

kuwl

Day 83
Not sure I know what I am doing half the time.
Temp in cellar tent is bout 70° right now
Gave them a good drink of ph water a couple of days ago.
Turning the light down all the way not sure what lux is prob 20-30k
Also adjusted the timer for less light on time.

After chop I will hang them in the tent after I remove pots and crates.
But I will leave the light on another day after their hung up, maybe even for 24 hrs.
They prob don't know they cut so might still want to progress and keep the tri's going.
dunno half the stuff I do is hit or miss and nothing I tried this year worked, that I could see.
So next grow will be back to square one, no more copying or reading tips as none worked.

kuwl

kuwl

Day 84
Well it's finally here and ready or not they are down.
I sorta seen some amber on a couple of em, maybe 2%
Taking a break from trimming, only did one small plant lol (45min).
The big one gonna take all day.

Before I show pic's I have some thoughts about this grow.
Some of those tricks might have helped after all.
I noticed hardly any popcorn buds on the one I trimmed :)
They all big, all the way up and down the branch and I mean almost golf ball big.
The one I trimmed is an unknown seed, it's the one I seen growing in
a pot with another already sprouted so do not know what strain.
Looks like a Gorilla Glue tho and one Durban Poison looks totally different than the others.
The Auto Pots were the stars, the small Blue Dream and the bigger Gold Leaf (WOW).

Not sure how I would change anything but be more consistant with feeding the nutrients.
I went to far with the AP's nutes, dialed it back but forgot to empty the resevoir under the pot so took longer to get the reduced mix.
Hey and no seeds!!!! That is a win right there lol.
As far as Flawless Finish I don't think it had any effect.
KoolBloom, not sure I would use again, no visible change to the buds.
What really helped was Patience, that added much more tri's, waiting the extra weeks.
If anything I would go back to 5 gal cloth pots for sure or if too many then 3 gal cloth.
No stripping but I would take out the bigger fans at day 21.

Well back to work 😅

Last Rites
IMG 3704

This one supposed to be DP but don't look the same
IMG 3692

IMG 3694

AP bud
IMG 3696

AP Gold Leaf in the back coroner, The Stalk is 1 3/4" thick
IMG 3707

All Down
IMG 3710

This is the one I trimmed so far
IMG 3711

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Day 84
Well it's finally here and ready or not they are down.
I sorta seen some amber on a couple of em, maybe 2%
Taking a break from trimming, only did one small plant lol (45min).
The big one gonna take all day.

Before I show pic's I have some thoughts about this grow.
Some of those tricks might have helped after all.
I noticed hardly any popcorn buds on the one I trimmed :)
They all big, all the way up and down the branch and I mean almost golf ball big.
The one I trimmed is an unknown seed, it's the one I seen growing in
a pot with another already sprouted so do not know what strain.
Looks like a Gorilla Glue tho and one Durban Poison looks totally different than the others.
The Auto Pots were the stars, the small Blue Dream and the bigger Gold Leaf (WOW).

Not sure how I would change anything but be more consistant with feeding the nutrients.
I went to far with the AP's nutes, dialed it back but forgot to empty the resevoir under the pot so took longer to get the reduced mix.
Hey and no seeds!!!! That is a win right there lol.
As far as Flawless Finish I don't think it had any effect.
KoolBloom, not sure I would use again, no visible change to the buds.
What really helped was Patience, that added much more tri's, waiting the extra weeks.
If anything I would go back to 5 gal cloth pots for sure or if too many then 3 gal cloth.
No stripping but I would take out the bigger fans at day 21.

Well back to work 😅

Last Rites
View attachment 1247817
This one supposed to be DP but don't look the same
View attachment 1247818
View attachment 1247819
AP bud
View attachment 1247820
AP Gold Leaf in the back coroner, The Stalk is 1 3/4" thick
View attachment 1247821
All Down
View attachment 1247823
This is the one I trimmed so far
View attachment 1247824
Nice stuff, watch out drying those big buds, mold can get in and ruin everything very fast. I might even bust some up into smaller pieces to let more air through. You seem to have found your groove, things is good when your putting out crops like that...It should keep you in supply for a while.

I worked out that I go through over 4lbs a year in smoke alone at an oz every 6 days I need harvest like that to help me with my supply chain problems...lol

kuwl

kuwl

Nice stuff, watch out drying those big buds, mold can get in and ruin everything very fast. I might even bust some up into smaller pieces to let more air through. You seem to have found your groove, things is good when your putting out crops like that...It should keep you in supply for a while.

I worked out that I go through over 4lbs a year in smoke alone at an oz every 6 days I need harvest like that to help me with my supply chain problems...lol
You need a bigger grow space, lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You need a bigger grow space, lo
I have the space I can't afford the electricity..$0.17/kw + 15% tax already at $250/month and they want a 15% increase, gas $2.04/liter ...$2.01/liter home heating oil = $2000+ oil tank fillup......not sure we can afford to live much longer in this high priced world, Any increase in costs now at this point we is FKED.

kuwl

kuwl

I have the space I can't afford the electricity..$0.17/kw + 15% tax already at $250/month and they want a 15% increase, gas $2.04/liter ...$2.01/liter home heating oil = $2000+ oil tank fillup......not sure we can afford to live much longer in this high priced world, Any increase in costs now at this point we is FKED.
Oh I hear ya my bill for this month is $217.
It went up from $168 guess causse of air conditioners gotta have cause wife has COPD.
Now they all in the Green House so that will save me some for a few months anyway.

kuwl

kuwl

Got that huge Gold Leaf done!
I've seen problems with my grow again, when trimming
I can see the buds up close to see if they are up to par.
Nope, dam, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but this is 3 grow in a row
that I've failed to grow good bud. I might try to find a person to help me if
I continue to do this, cause I can't deal with the amount of $ spent just to get more bad grows.

Last time it was seeds and it was a pain to get them out of the product but the smoke was good.
I am using the last of that grow, maybe a 1/4 oz of clean weed left.
I still have an oz of unknown, 1/2 oz of Afghan Kush and an oz of Ghost Train Haze too! :)
So thats the good news lol.

There is several articles on wtf causes light airy puff ball buds but my guess is
it's not the nutes even tho I suppected the KoolBloom and maybe so, I only used it for 3 feeds I believe.
I am confident it is not the air flow, I have 2 8" Occilating fans and 1 4" exhaust an 1 4" intake directly into and
out of the tent going full on all the time.
It's not the AP cause all plants are puffy.
So I narrowed it down to one thing.
Me lol
I could not figure out what happened to the last grow with all plants having tons of seeds.
I thought it was too much light, too much lux. So I think I over compensated or under compensated
I should say. I am not totally sure but I think the seed problem was that fk male plant that popped in the tent.
PipeCarver called it but I didn't listen, was in denial I guess.
If that is the case I did not give my grow max light, kept it about 55-65k lux if I remember right.
Scared of getting seeds and messed it up.
That is the only thing I can think of maybe someone else knows more about fluffy buds cause I am hoping
the smoke is good and maybe they'll harden up, they are sticky as hell.

I think this one would have been a pound if the buds were right.
All that and about an oz of popcorn buds off one AP plant.

IMG 3715
IMG 3716
IMG 3718
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Got that huge Gold Leaf done!
I've seen problems with my grow again, when trimming
I can see the buds up close to see if they are up to par.
Nope, dam, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but this is 3 grow in a row
that I've failed to grow good bud. I might try to find a person to help me if
I continue to do this, cause I can't deal with the amount of $ spent just to get more bad grows.

Last time it was seeds and it was a pain to get them out of the product but the smoke was good.
I am using the last of that grow, maybe a 1/4 oz of clean weed left.
I still have an oz of unknown, 1/2 oz of Afghan Kush and an oz of Ghost Train Haze too! :)

So thats the good news lol.

There is several articles on wtf causes light airy puff ball buds but my guess is
it's not the nutes even tho I suppected the KoolBloom and maybe so, I only used it for 3 feeds I believe.
I am confident it is not the air flow, I have 2 8" Occilating fans and 1 4" exhaust an 1 4" intake directly into and
out of the tent going full on all the time.
It's not the AP cause all plants are puffy.
So I narrowed it down to one thing.
Me lol
I could not figure out what happened to the last grow with all plants having tons of seeds.
I thought it was too much light, too much lux. So I think I over compensated or under compensated
I should say. I am not totally sure but I think the seed problem was that fk male plant that popped in the tent.
PipeCarver called it but I didn't listen, was in denial I guess.
If that is the case I did not give my grow max light, kept it about 55-65k lux if I remember right.
Scared of getting seeds and messed it up.
That is the only thing I can think of maybe someone else knows more about fluffy buds cause I am hoping
the smoke is good and maybe they'll harden up, they are sticky as hell.

I think this one would have been a pound if the buds were right.
All that and about an oz of popcorn buds off one AP plant.

Light and fluffy could be strain related. I found Sativa's are like that but once dried it's still good smoke.

I use the Kool Bloom liquid for 3-4 weeks in flower and I believe it helps harden my buds. I use GH nutes 3 part. + the KB but as I use 5ml of KB I cut back 5ml on my Bloom nutes.....I used to feed 5/5/15 Micro/grow/Bloom in flower they recommend 15ml Bloom/ gallon, at weeks 3-4-5-6 I cut back to 10ml Bloom but add the 5ml KB as a replacement.

I'm also using their Floralicious product at 1ml per feed now.....its one of the few additives I've tried that I can see results, everything is nicely green, the stalks are strong and flexable, its expensive stuff $30/pint but I just ordered another bottle so I must like it...lol

Oh and my mug...I just ordered this lol I posted it on my page too but I'm getting a chuckle out of this so now you have it too.

steamroller

steamroller

I agree with PipeCarver on the fluff being strain related .Being strain related I also agree with his remarks on sativas.
My HashPlant from first grow had more small buds then large, but they were all sticky and the stuff puts you down for the count .
It was according to the packets the lowest THC of the 3 strains I grew then and everyone agrees it is the one. The stuff is for real !
Maybe effect is worth more than THC content?
Link to thread about how to fatten/tighten up buds ..I think the consensus was strain was most important factor ?
Electricity in NY is ridiculous ...🤬

kuwl

kuwl

Yes I read about strain being part of the fluffy prob too.
Don't know what strains I grew lol just the names.
Gold Leaf (I grew last time and buds were tight)
Blue Dream (I grew last time and buds were tight)
Gorilla Glue (I grew the time before last time and buds were tight)
Durban Poison (first time I grew these)

Also I noticed the buds on the bottom branches were the loosiest
and the flowers were not fully formed.
The higher up the better the flowers looked.
The colas on top were much better almost but still a bit fluffy.
These plants looked different when I started to trim, there were a lot
of leaves and I mean alot inbetween the buds.
The AP buds look funny, not normal too. elongated kinda.

I sorta post this shit cause I gain a new perspective by writing and reading
what I post for some reason it clarifies what I am thinking.
Sometimes I find the answer before I finish posting lol

The grow in the GH should work out ok but
next grow gotta be better some how some way.
The only thing that matters is the smoke, if it smokes good and gets me there, I can live with it. 😎
I'll take a pic of a few buds, tomorrow, maybe it'll show what I see.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes I read about strain being part of the fluffy prob too.
Don't know what strains I grew lol just the names.
Gold Leaf (I grew last time and buds were tight)
Blue Dream (I grew last time and buds were tight)
Gorilla Glue (I grew the time before last time and buds were tight)
Durban Poison (first time I grew these)

Also I noticed the buds on the bottom branches were the loosiest
and the flowers were not fully formed.
The higher up the better the flowers looked.
The colas on top were much better almost but still a bit fluffy.
These plants looked different when I started to trim, there were a lot
of leaves and I mean alot inbetween the buds.
The AP buds look funny, not normal too. elongated kinda.

I sorta post this shit cause I gain a new perspective by writing and reading
what I post for some reason it clarifies what I am thinking.
Sometimes I find the answer before I finish posting lol

The grow in the GH should work out ok but
next grow gotta be better some how some way.
The only thing that matters is the smoke, if it smokes good and gets me there, I can live with it. 😎
I'll take a pic of a few buds, tomorrow, maybe it'll show what I see.
You bet man if it gets you your buzz looks matter not. There could be a few reasons, cold,humidity not in check, too much, too little you probably didn't water with your left foot off the ground,,,,fks them up every time I don't make that mistake anymore....something about gravitational waves not flowing through the media properly?? I don't know I'm no rocket scientist I just read about it somewhere......All these tips are hard to remember........ I look stupid as fk out in the yard....oh and the magnet...that's the most important part If you don't have a good strong magnet in your right pocket its all just a waste of time......👽

I don't trim up my bud very tight either, it goes to bed dirty. After I shake it around in a paper bag the leaves I missed come off before I jar...

Some times I've over dried so no paper bag I jar it and add a fresh leaf or 2 and in a couple of days its back to smoke able. I see a few here that trim up their buds so they look like the stuff the dispensaries sell, pretty but after its smoked it all looks the same....👽

kuwl

kuwl

You bet man if it gets you your buzz looks matter not. There could be a few reasons, cold,humidity not in check, too much, too little you probably didn't water with your left foot off the ground,,,,fks them up every time I don't make that mistake anymore....something about gravitational waves not flowing through the media properly?? I don't know I'm no rocket scientist I just read about it somewhere......All these tips are hard to remember........ I look stupid as fk out in the yard....oh and the magnet...that's the most important part If you don't have a good strong magnet in your right pocket its all just a waste of time......👽

I don't trim up my bud very tight either, it goes to bed dirty. After I shake it around in a paper bag the leaves I missed come off before I jar...

Some times I've over dried so no paper bag I jar it and add a fresh leaf or 2 and in a couple of days its back to smoke able. I see a few here that trim up their buds so they look like the stuff the dispensaries sell, pretty but after its smoked it all looks the same....👽
Yep I'll bet it was the magnet, missed that one, ha.

I got 3 whole untouched, no trimming done on those ones hanging in the cellar, I'm gonna take a look see
how dry they are, the GG been hanging for almost 2 wks, the other 2 DP's only a week into drying .
Let's see what them buds look like!!
More pic's tomorrow.

Sometimes I trim hard, mostly I don't, but that big AP had way too many leaves and the other one does too.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Well this is interesting.
This GG looks awesome!
No problems, will clean and jar it.
Taste test time!

Buds are firm and they look really good 😁
Easy to clean up too.
View attachment 1248373
View attachment 1248374
Looks good, I have 1 GG at 4 weeks in flower today. First GG's photo I've grown. I love the smoke I've had off the GG I bought at the dispensaries before faux legalization. I had an Auto GG that was good but auto's? = small ( for me) I barely got 2 oz of it..nice tight buds though... Have you smoked the GG in the past? Good kick with it.... I've 1 good clone growing well off her now so I'm hoping to keep it in my cycle.

kuwl

kuwl

Looks good, I have 1 GG at 4 weeks in flower today. First GG's photo I've grown. I love the smoke I've had off the GG I bought at the dispensaries before faux legalization. I had an Auto GG that was good but auto's? = small ( for me) I barely got 2 oz of it..nice tight buds though... Have you smoked the GG in the past? Good kick with it.... I've 1 good clone growing well off her now so I'm hoping to keep it in my cycle.
Yes grow before last one I got a few ounces of it, smoked good.
I just trimmed the GG plant it was a very small plant but I got an oz so I'm happy with that.
I liked the way it cleaned up was easy peasy the leaves just shattered off with a touch.
Buds were not as tight as I like them guess that fluffiness did that but they sticky as hell.
IMG 3723

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yes grow before last one I got a few ounces of it, smoked good.
I just trimmed the GG plant it was a very small plant but I got an oz so I'm happy with that.
I liked the way it cleaned up was easy peasy the leaves just shattered off with a touch.
Buds were not as tight as I like them guess that fluffiness did that but they sticky as hell.
View attachment 1248394
it'll harden some up as it ages in the jar, I find the last buds in my jars smoke the best, I go through it so fast it doesn't have time to fully cure properly. I noticed you have what looks like an official Trim Bin..... I thought to my self eh ( Cdn) I need one of those. I googled or Amzon'd $80.+ for a plastic bin? nope I guess I don't need one.....new any ways maybe if I see a used one but WTF $80+15% on sale.......for a plastic bin??? no...just no!...I gottta say no firmly to my impulses sometimes

Top Bottom