Kuwl - Rollin' Along

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HighRootz

HighRootz

it'll harden some up as it ages in the jar, I find the last buds in my jars smoke the best, I go through it so fast it doesn't have time to fully cure properly. I noticed you have what looks like an official Trim Bin..... I thought to my self eh ( Cdn) I need one of those. I googled or Amzon'd $80.+ for a plastic bin? nope I guess I don't need one.....new any ways maybe if I see a used one but WTF $80+15% on sale.......for a plastic bin??? no...just no!...I gottta say no firmly to my impulses sometimes
You can get them new anywhere online between $40-$60. I use a old rolling tray for my harvest, may invest in one with my recycling money lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yea, screw that noise. A fast food tray works just as fine lol
I don't really need one I don't cut up my plants and trim them that way. I'm leaving everything on the plant trim it up then cut the branches to hang dry. It's just in the I want category..not I need...

it's like the Inkbird humidity controller. I bought one at Christmas, I can't find a use for it in my grow lol...I got one though......same as a trim bin, I can pick up a plastic bin new $3. dollar store. I was hoping they'd be in the same range, I mean I'd go as much as $7-8 for a good one....lol...SAFk I'm not paying no $80+.

kuwl

kuwl

I don't really need one I don't cut up my plants and trim them that way. I'm leaving everything on the plant trim it up then cut the branches to hang dry. It's just in the I want category..not I need...

it's like the Inkbird humidity controller. I bought one at Christmas, I can't find a use for it in my grow lol...I got one though......same as a trim bin, I can pick up a plastic bin new $3. dollar store. I was hoping they'd be in the same range, I mean I'd go as much as $7-8 for a good one....lol...SAFk I'm not paying no $80+.
Brought it awhile ago and forgot how much but when it arived I seen there was 2 of em so I got 2 of those dam things lol

Amazon $30 for 2​

Argee RG155-2 Table-Top Gardener Portable Potting Tray, 2 Pack, Green​

61O27NR29XL AC SX679

Had to look it up lol
Have no use for the second one.

But I noticed that the cheap plastic kitty litter tray would work.
I also have a heavy plastic tub resterants use to put dishes in that would work too.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Brought it awhile ago and forgot how much but when it arived I seen there was 2 of em so I got 2 of those dam things lol

Amazon $30 for 2​

Argee RG155-2 Table-Top Gardener Portable Potting Tray, 2 Pack, Green​

View attachment 1248501
Had to look it up lol
Have no use for the second one.

But I noticed that the cheap plastic kitty litter tray would work.
I also have a heavy plastic tub resterants use to put dishes in that would work too.
Ya this is Canada

It was just a passing brain fart and I was shocked at the price, but it does come with a nice little brush lol..........

Cats, you know we're cat nuts and our house reflects that, we have boxes all over the floors, I can see 6 from where I sit. Everytime we get a delivery we put the box on the floor. We have 2 large ones stuffed full of paper, its the most entertaining thing we have for them. In the morning the paper can be all over the floor or 1 or the other will be sleeping in one of them Cats/Boxes/Paper is an entertainment package....

kuwl

kuwl

Roots
I was out in the yard, feeding the squirrels when I seen
the old pots and remains of the plants I just grew.
I shook off the dirt to see how healthy/unhealthy they were.
Not shocking but the 3 gal plant is obviously bigger and looks healthier too.
I took a pick of the difference in size 2 gal vs 3 gal
Not sure I will ever use those 2 gal bags again and really expect to go 5 gal from now on
I was going to order 3 gal bags too lol.

And if I remember right the 5 gal roots I looked at last year were awesome compared to these.
I remember the roots wrapping around the inside of the bag not like these that did not do that.

IMG 3724
kuwl

kuwl

Out in the GH today
Something seemed wrong
The 2 smaller plants are showing trident leaves
I took a closer look and the flowers are not right either
The 2 larger plants next to ‘‘em seem fine but maybe not as developed as they should be for 6 weeks out there
I think you can see the difference
Here’s some pics

D4799698 8EED 4A62 AE2C 0A5B1A9C30AA
B24B5EA1 933F 4FCA 9671 1357487B9BCA
28C25DCC BCCC 44A3 B371 D70255A11B58
1D1E9DDF D6CA 449F 8B0A 430E31C1D036
244E8D9B 983C 46CF 99EF B71F47381CAC
BF44BF16 EE3A 48BD 8A41 A7D0A37F904B
3DD48B22 35D9 47A5 A20C 3FC1568FC5CF
C62B5FEB BB25 4E94 9ACB 606C2C0780D1
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Out in the GH today
Something seemed wrong
The 2 smaller plants are showing trident leaves
I took a closer look and the flowers are not right either
The 2 larger plants next to ‘‘em seem fine but maybe not as developed as they should be for 6 weeks out there
I think you can see the difference
Here’s some pics
I was wondering when you put them out. I thought you had a plan for them already in flower. With the longer days you put them back into veg, they won't turn back again until mid August now when the days get short....you'll have some monsters there in 5 months...say end of October, You'll need a bigger Green house...Only time I revegged I grew monster buds, light and fluffy but 16oz Budweiser sized buds.

kuwl

kuwl

I was wondering when you put them out. I thought you had a plan for them already in flower. With the longer days you put them back into veg, they won't turn back again until mid August now when the days get short....you'll have some monsters there in 5 months...say end of October, You'll need a bigger Green house...Only time I revegged I grew monster buds, light and fluffy but 16oz Budweiser sized buds.
View attachment 1249089
Oh shoot that suks and oh my did the samo samo like deja vue all over again
Green House is turning into a fright house but thx I get it and keep repeating because I forget.
Delicate lil things they are, prob the strains too. Not sure about the other 2 they sorta look ok to me.
Not sure i will keep the re-veg ones, too much trouble for to long a time with that happening.

And now that I know what the prob is I think the same thing happened in the tent, especially to the AP's.
Ah well there is always another grow in Oct.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oh shoot that suks and oh my did the samo samo like deja vue all over again
Green House is turning into a fright house but thx I get it and keep repeating because I forget.
Delicate lil things they are, prob the strains too. Not sure about the other 2 they sorta look ok to me.
Not sure i will keep the re-veg ones, too much trouble for to long a time with that happening.

And now that I know what the prob is I think the same thing happened in the tent, especially to the AP's.
Ah well there is always another grow in Oct.
Oh you gotta keep at least 1 growing, top it to control the height and let her get all bushy,,,she'd be a beauty revegged moster

kuwl

kuwl

AP Roots
These look more normal to me.
Healthy, wraping, white color and they were the strongest plants.
I will be growing in them again, this time all 4 shoul fit in the tent nicely.

IMG 3733
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
AP Roots
These look more normal to me.
Healthy, wraping, white color and they were the strongest plants.
I will be growing in them again, this time all 4 shoul fit in the tent nicely.
I've always used plastic pots but recently switched to fabric pots. In plastic the roots hug the outside and coil around the bottom...in fabric they grow through the soil and none coil or hug the sides. I go though water a lot faster and they've dried out to the point of hanging too many times now already I gotta top them off 2 days after or they don;t make 3 days before bone dry ...learning curve on fkin everything in this game.

kuwl

kuwl

I've always used plastic pots but recently switched to fabric pots. In plastic the roots hug the outside and coil around the bottom...in fabric they grow through the soil and none coil or hug the sides. I go though water a lot faster and they've dried out to the point of hanging too many times now already I gotta top them off 2 days after or they don;t make 3 days before bone dry ...learning curve on fkin everything in this game.
I like the 5 gal cloth and might use it along with the AP setup.
Those AP roots were looking 10 times better than any of the other roots
and the plants were much better in every way.
Size wise they were a bit bigger at 2.9 gal compared to 2 gal and 2.5 gal. but not much.
And no root rot which I'm begining to think is a fable.
I've got time to think on my next grow either cloth or plastic will be an AP grow pretty sure.

kuwl

kuwl

On pause
Wife's dog's back legs not good, she is old.
Her pug is 12-13 yrs old now and she is heart broken about it.
So my attention goes to taking care of her in her last days.

So far I cleaned and jar'ed 4 1/8 ounces but the main plants are still drying.
Anyday I can do it but for the pause.
Prob another 5-6 ounces if I had to guess.
Some of the stuff I have cleaned so far looks terrific although a bit light feeling.
I'll be smokin some of the Durban Poison tonight, I need it.

The cats are pretty good but can be annoying at times.
They like to get on my desk while I am online lol.
I think they are doing a good job of training us.

kuwl

kuwl

She passed on Sunday sadly.
Coco was my Wife's dog but was part of our family so mine too.
Thankfully she passed in her sleep, so no ugly trip to the vet.
The most gentle dog we ever owned.
IMG 0555

Finally got the trimming done today!
I am truely shocked at the amount I ended up with 😁.
Here are the jar weights, I usually put 28 gr in each jar but had to put more in some.
Durban Poison - 170gr/6.07oz (3 2gal cloth pots)
Gorilla Glue - 97gr/3.46oz (3 2gal cloth pots)
Gold Leaf - 200gr/7.14oz (1 3gal - AP)
Blue Dream - 56gr/2oz (1 3gal - AP)
That adds up to 523gr / 18.67oz / 1.16lb
Plus about 18gr of popcorn for cookies.

GL buds, all trimmed, that was the biggest AP plant in the back corner of the tent.

IMG 3740

All jared up and ready to cure.
I took a taste of the DP the other day and it might be the best smoke I have grown.
Smooth and tasty, has a fruity smell to it but the high was great!
Could not ask for better.
This will get me through the summer no sweat 😎

IMG 3742
steamroller

steamroller

Sorry for you and your wife's loss.
My pets are not only family but best friends .
Dogless for first time in over 13 years now for about 6 months .
Nice haul on the buds !

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Man that sux, I feel for ya. Me and my wife share a pair of French Bulldogs and they mean the world to us.

Smoke a fatty on me brother.

kuwl

kuwl

Thx and ya did smoke the fattest one I could roll with some Bourbon and kept busy.
Been 2 yrs since my Rocky passed an still miss the little guy.
We have had dogs for most of our lives and before that cats.
Now for some unknown fate type thing we took in these 2 kittens
that were in danger and fit right into our lives like something knew
we would need them to fill a big hole in our hearts.
Things happen for a reason and it is the damdest thing.

I am too old to figure how to roll a bat lol.
I roll my own pretty good with Zig Zag 1.5 Ultra Thin's
but my fingers will barely do that let alone a new thing.
So I was looking for a deal on those papers at Amazon and found
these pre-rolled bat's including the filter end and a packer stick ($9.99).
I included them in my purchase lol could not ignore.
50 of em and I'm lovin' it.
I even found a funnel that fits in the top to make it easier to put the weed in.
Every night I load n pack one up and smoke it to my utter delight!
I think I am hooked on these bat things 😎

Now back to burping jars.

IMG 3743
IMG 3745
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
She passed on Sunday sadly.
Coco was my Wife's dog but was part of our family so mine too.
Thankfully she passed in her sleep, so no ugly trip to the vet.
The most gentle dog we ever owned.
View attachment 1251559

Finally got the trimming done today!
I am truely shocked at the amount I ended up with 😁.
Here are the jar weights, I usually put 28 gr in each jar but had to put more in some.
Durban Poison - 170gr/6.07oz (3 2gal cloth pots)
Gorilla Glue - 97gr/3.46oz (3 2gal cloth pots)
Gold Leaf - 200gr/7.14oz (1 3gal - AP)
Blue Dream - 56gr/2oz (1 3gal - AP)
That adds up to 523gr / 18.67oz / 1.16lb
Plus about 18gr of popcorn for cookies.

GL buds, all trimmed, that was the biggest AP plant in the back corner of the tent.

View attachment 1251563
All jared up and ready to cure.
I took a taste of the DP the other day and it might be the best smoke I have grown.
Smooth and tasty, has a fruity smell to it but the high was great!
Could not ask for better.
This will get me through the summer no sweat 😎
Hey, I'm sorry to hear your pup passed away, we put so much of our heart in our pets it hurts like family when they go. People that see us dote over our pets think we're crazy if they've never had one... 😢

I saw the lady next door talking to her dog like he understood every word she was saying.......I went in the house and talked to my cat about it...we both had a good laugh🥲

Top Bottom