Kuwl - Rollin' Along

• Thread starter kuwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kuwl

kuwl

Looking back at my last grow I am wondering if the FC 4800 light intensity was the culprit
I had that beast at 100% at the end and for most of the grow and wonder if the seed prob was due
to To Much Light? Cause it's funny they all seeded I mean it could be that or the other, that male plant
I didn't check till it was really looking ready to pop.
I will have to watch that, I have a light meter but not sure how much light is too much light?

Krispy420

Krispy420

Bathroom plants are doing ok, still my mind is going 100 mph and the plants in slow motion.
I think I know the feeling. lol

I guess the word loss or miss is pretty subjective right? When you say a miss I'm thinking the yield didn't quite match your expectations or you were unhappy with some genetics, to others a miss might mean you lost the whole crop to bugs or mold or started a fire. Either way, let's be honest nobody wants to "miss" but that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. That's scary about the plug, good thing you caught it and nothing catastrophic happened. I've used those 3 way connectors before but never for anything like lights that draw alot of power just a little 4" fan or humidifier.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I 100% agree I am sick of losses. It's my old age lol I need to sweat the details more check check and double check.
Good habits grow good weed & stop being so fkin lazy!!!!! ( new motto ) I gotta get a tattoo on my forehead ( in reverse of course ) I'm real bad at smoking, sitting, playing chess and drinking coffee for days on end in the winter and with the bug everywhere I'm happy in my comfy bubble

ah ..ha...and a fresh crop of Bubble Bomb with another chop today/tomorrow....Cold - snow - grow room....As long as we have power I'm good....I bin saying to the wife we need a fireplace and a bear rug....not sure why it just seems like the thing to do in the cold....

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looking back at my last grow I am wondering if the FC 4800 light intensity was the culprit
I had that beast at 100% at the end and for most of the grow and wonder if the seed prob was due
to To Much Light? Cause it's funny they all seeded I mean it could be that or the other, that male plant
I didn't check till it was really looking ready to pop.
I will have to watch that, I have a light meter but not sure how much light is too much light?
I know I cooked mine with it at 100% giving me a lux of 53 - 55,000 lux 18" from the canopy...the hps gives me 33 - 35,000 at the top..I should have gone with numbers I knew. I think I'd go up to 40,000 but no higher and only weeks 4-5-6. My meter
$25 Usa Amazon

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Glad I keep my lights out at night or I might not sleep so good.
Shit like this gets me nervious as hell.

Awhile back, I changed plugs from a commercial power strip to a 3 way connector
because the power strip kept tripping off. I guess there are reasons for the way things do what they do.
When I was down in the basement this morning I noticed this, scary.
As I looked at the pic's I see the rating is for 15 Amp ah gotta check the details on this stuff.
View attachment 1206058
View attachment 1206059
I put the power strip back and took out one of the steamers and lowered the oil heater to 1
It was very warm but not hot, now I have one more thing to check on 10 times a day.
With the change to a 4" exhaust fan and the lowering of the oil heater it's now 45% hummy :)

Everything is dialed in now so other than screwing up when I topped the GL
(took off too much and clipped the leaves a bit too far down)

Bathroom plants are doing ok, still my mind is going 100 mph and the plants in slow motion.

Durban Poison (they look better today)
View attachment 1206068

Gorilla Glue (1 day old)

View attachment 1206070

These 2 not doing well but maybe will recover? Top is GG bottom is DP
View attachment 1206071
A dam good reminder to check our equipment's connections...We get complacent with everything working but slow movement causes lose connections and viola your cheap plug adapter could have caused a fire....I have 3 -4 of those just like that...I'll be looking today...$2 dollar store...especially around curtains can make the whole house go up....

kuwl

kuwl

I know I cooked mine with it at 100% giving me a lux of 53 - 55,000 lux 18" from the canopy...the hps gives me 33 - 35,000 at the top..I should have gone with numbers I knew. I think I'd go up to 40,000 but no higher and only weeks 4-5-6. My meter View attachment 1206082$25 Usa Amazon
Yes I brought the same one. I ran down and tested it said 2595 lux I have my TS1000 @ 50%
and veg is closing on 3 weeks they get moved to 2.5 gal pots next week then I power up to 60%

kuwl

kuwl

I ordered a 25' 10/3 20a extension cord today
That was/is the problem the orange one I brought was the wrong size
for what I am doing.
The ends are a lil warm, when I checked couple of days ago it was much warmer.
I think everything kicked in at the same time and was cooking the plug end lil bit by lil bit.

Speaking of electrical I got to change out a pull chain wifey broke on a ceiling fan. 🤖

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I ordered a 25' 10/3 20a extension cord today
That was/is the problem the orange one I brought was the wrong size
for what I am doing.
The ends are a lil warm, when I checked couple of days ago it was much warmer.
I think everything kicked in at the same time and was cooking the plug end lil bit by lil bit.

Speaking of electrical I got to change out a pull chain wifey broke on a ceiling fan. 🤖
# 10 in 10/3 is good for 30Amp a #12 is good for 20amp...# 10 must be close to double the price of a #12...and if its for a 20 amp breaker or receptacle the #10 won't fit the screw hole in the 20amp breaker. or plug.....orange I believe is a #16 it may have a #14 but I've an orange one here and its a 3 wire #16

kuwl

kuwl

# 10 in 10/3 is good for 30Amp a #12 is good for 20amp...# 10 must be close to double the price of a #12...and if its for a 20 amp breaker or receptacle the #10 won't fit the screw hole in the 20amp breaker. or plug.....orange I believe is a #16 it may have a #14 but I've an orange one here and its a 3 wire #16
It's an extension cord plugs into an regular outlet under the main box and yes it was expensive $59 😲
It has 3 female ends so I can eliminate a power strip but they light up so out comes the electrical tape

817SGxkx4KL AC SL1500
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It's an extension cord plugs into an regular outlet under the main box and yes it was expensive $59 😲
It has 3 female ends so I can eliminate a power strip but they light up so out comes the electrical tape
Ya that can't be a #10 too small but it looks like you can load it up with the 2 fem ends build right in...no fuse in it though we used to cut the wire before the male end, yard out the black wire and cut in a 15 amp fuse with a small 2 wire light socket.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That's pretty slick
Ya that was in the Burrard ship yard in Victoria B.C. , we'd string extension cords out to the various trades and screw a 15 amp fuse into the socket..tape them up and they wouldn't overload the circuits... BUT......They would string them together and we could have hundreds of feet of cord strung out off 1 circuit...when it blew the fkers would drop in a penny to bypass the fuse and not tell us...We'd get these short circuit runners where the wire was burning from the short to the junction boxes then expoding out onto the other wires pluged into the junction box. I / we needed quick action to unplug everything and trace it back then repair, refuse, rewire and carry on. Got payed real good money for that job back in the early 80's...where did it all go....lol

I'm down in my G-room now at lights out..filling the humidifiers and checking my elect. connections. ..smoking a couple of joints and ............well.....yakking here I guess.

kuwl

kuwl

Rogue Seed
It could be GG or DP, them were the seeds I was working on.
Somehow one bounced in there, lol
Transplanted it and the root was long all the way to the bottom of the pot.
Now this is getting nuts in here with all these seedlings, lol, feast or famine.

I purchased an RV filter to try to get the water cleaner for the hummies.
Not much change in PPM 5 or 10 PPM less (127>121), not what I expected.
Maybe there is a better one out there, not sure, not gonna mess with it.

I read a bunch of stuff about lux but everything I looked at seemed too high
of lux and had me scratchin my head. 55k - 65k at peak seems high.

HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?​

• Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
Learning as I go, and if this is correct, I'm on target at 27,000.

IMG 3270
IMG 3281
IMG 3282
kuwl

kuwl

Snow Day 🥶
Had to shovel and snow blow this stuff out of the way so
my wife's dog Coco can get out to pee without getting buried
in 2' of snow lol. Took me 2.5 hrs to do the drive and sidewalk.
Not to shabby for an old geezer but tired as hell and I know these bones will ache tomorrow.
IMG 3286

Thinking of how I am going to get out of the situation I got myself into.
Keeping the 2 in the tent in veg until the seedlings are ready for the flip.
No choice as I have no room atm for a 2x4 tent, and to set one up would be a pain.
Better to keep them in veg and use the one 4x4 tent I already have set up and running.

I lost track of how old these seedlings are, they seem to be growing in slow motion.
Haven't fed yet, maybe at the end of the week DP will get some nutes.
IMG 3285

On the other hand GL and BD (seeds from the last fu grow) are doing great!
I always feel so much better when I start to see some nice foilage and growth.
There is a slight problem with one that has some leaf off color near the edges.
I think I should have added a bit of Mag Pro but I will next feed.
Light (MarsHydro TS 1000)is at 60%, lux is 24k, hieght 18"
The towels I have wrapped around them is for some light protection from roots
that I can see on the sides of the pots as I poked holes in for better aireation.
Big fan leaves on these two.
IMG 3284

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Snow Day 🥶
Had to shovel and snow blow this stuff out of the way so
my wife's dog Coco can get out to pee without getting buried
in 2' of snow lol. Took me 2.5 hrs to do the drive and sidewalk.
Not to shabby for an old geezer but tired as hell and I know these bones will ache tomorrow.
View attachment 1207526

Thinking of how I am going to get out of the situation I got myself into.
Keeping the 2 in the tent in veg until the seedlings are ready for the flip.
No choice as I have no room atm for a 2x4 tent, and to set one up would be a pain.
Better to keep them in veg and use the one 4x4 tent I already have set up and running.

I lost track of how old these seedlings are, they seem to be growing in slow motion.
Haven't fed yet, maybe at the end of the week DP will get some nutes.
View attachment 1207529
On the other hand GL and BD (seeds from the last fu grow) are doing great!
I always feel so much better when I start to see some nice foilage and growth.
There is a slight problem with one that has some leaf off color near the edges.
I think I should have added a bit of Mag Pro but I will next feed.
Light (MarsHydro TS 1000)is at 60%, lux is 24k, hieght 18"
The towels I have wrapped around them is for some light protection from roots
that I can see on the sides of the pots as I poked holes in for better aireation.
Big fan leaves on these two.
View attachment 1207538
Hey, I think the pots need air I don't think the towels will do it any favors. Have you seen those air pots?
The idea of these is that the roots grow out see light and they air trim themselves...the idea being like topping it shoots new roots out building its root base.....So I think more holes is good banked bad...lol.....
Rogue Seed
It could be GG or DP, them were the seeds I was working on.
Somehow one bounced in there, lol
Transplanted it and the root was long all the way to the bottom of the pot.
Now this is getting nuts in here with all these seedlings, lol, feast or famine.

I purchased an RV filter to try to get the water cleaner for the hummies.
Not much change in PPM 5 or 10 PPM less (127>121), not what I expected.
Maybe there is a better one out there, not sure, not gonna mess with it.

I read a bunch of stuff about lux but everything I looked at seemed too high
of lux and had me scratchin my head. 55k - 65k at peak seems high.

HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?​

• Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux
Learning as I go, and if this is correct, I'm on target at 27,000.
I read somewhere vegging plants can't use more than 25,000 lux in veg...but that was years ago, not sure with the new led's....I know I cooked my leaves last grow at 53,000 lux....I only get 37,000 - 39,000 lux off my 1000w hps...I got the dimmer on my light working and I have it at 39,000 3-4 weeks in flower..I'm not going to go above this on this run...I may move it up as I learn it but I'll stay with the numbers I know for now

I have a friend on here that keeps Mom's in 1 gallon containers and he takes his cuttings off them...He said they stunt themselves but it doesn't fk with the clones????......I don't know it may help with your congestion problem keeping them smaller pots until you have space. ...I do the same thing though everything is fine until they get transplanted up and then wtf no more room...lol

kuwl

kuwl

Hey, I think the pots need air I don't think the towels will do it any favors. Have you seen those air pots?View attachment 1207587The idea of these is that the roots grow out see light and they air trim themselves...the idea being like topping it shoots new roots out building its root base.....So I think more holes is good banked bad...lol.....

I read somewhere vegging plants can't use more than 25,000 lux in veg...but that was years ago, not sure with the new led's....I know I cooked my leaves last grow at 53,000 lux....I only get 37,000 - 39,000 lux off my 1000w hps...I got the dimmer on my light working and I have it at 39,000 3-4 weeks in flower..I'm not going to go above this on this run...I may move it up as I learn it but I'll stay with the numbers I know for now

I have a friend on here that keeps Mom's in 1 gallon containers and he takes his cuttings off them...He said they stunt themselves but it doesn't fk with the clones????......I don't know it may help with your congestion problem keeping them smaller pots until you have space. ...I do the same thing though everything is fine until they get transplanted up and then wtf no more room...lol
Ya I am paying attention to lux this grow I think most of my seedy probs were light / heat related in past grows.
Ok about the towels, I just get so dam paranoid and sometimes overthink but your right.

Haven't seen them but they look pretty cool, maybe next grow, not sure where the heck I am going on this one yet lol
WOW just checked price on em lol I think I will stick to drilling holes in pots.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ya I am paying attention to lux this grow I think most of my seedy probs were light / heat related in past grows.
Ok about the towels, I just get so dam paranoid and sometimes overthink but your right.

Haven't seen them but they look pretty cool, maybe next grow, not sure where the heck I am going on this one yet lol
WOW just checked price on em lol I think I will stick to drilling holes in pots.
Ya you bet but I'll keep an eye out at the second hand shops....I'd like to try but they'd be a mess watering in a tent I'd think...

kuwl

kuwl

My tap water PPM reads 121 and when I check after
putting a measured amount of nutrients in, let's say, it reads 650 PPM
Is that the true PPM reading? Or do you subtract the og 121 from 650
to get a true reading of what you put in?
I have read mine as is with no changes, 650.
I read about this some where, not sure what the verdict was.

Got a couple of leaves on one plant that curl down along the edges
and don't look right. I up'ed the light a few inches,
I'll check back tomorrow to see if that helps.
Other than that everything is going good. (Topped em again)
IMG 3293

IMG 3294

Got me 10/3 extension cord, it's thick! (must have been a stock photo of an orange cord any cord will do lol)
I measured the temp of the plugs going into the outlet.
The white 3 way extension plug is 104°
The orange one is 77°
The Yellow one which is much heavier is 74°
The orange one is getting replaced with the new heavier one.
The weak spot is the white 3 way short extension. I will eventualy replace that.
The black plug on top of the outlet is for the freezer.
IMG 3292

kuwl

kuwl

Yep you right, the plug is wrong, sending it back and ordering a #12 darn! Didn't see it in the pic only next day when I was going to use it.

Top Bottom