L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

faster growth and more fruits or flowers every time. And no nutrient deficiencies.
Which lines up also with the article I linked on photobiology. Red more shoots and roots... also would include the budding... but more stretch and a touch less dense I would assume. More blue tighter buds, more leaf growth...shorter internodes... my sleepless super has me wondering if we have the spectrums backwards and should run HPS through veg and stretch then switch to MH?

Or maybe I'm just in a tired state of delirium

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Added to this I received a free Mars light in return for some pics - however they sent me a light with Samsung diodes and meanwell driver to test when in reality that’s not what they were selling ! I tried to purchase another one but could not . Mars told me it was old stock - I call bs I think they new they sent me a superior light to document ?
If that's true, then that is under-handed stuff. I also have no reason to doubt you. I don't exactly see Mars offering superior products. I only see a company with superior marketing skills trying to sell a lesser product.

Moshmen

Moshmen

We’ve covered a lot of the disreputable companies. And the proponents on Gavita have given there advertisements.

Is that are we out of options for good LEDs? Just one company? What about mammoth or viperspectra?
I’m not as anal as some but seems there’s a few quality lights - hlg,gavita,fluency,timber- much like cars, motorcycles ,tools, and beer I think some are just brand loyal - the base of us marketing IMO

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Funny thing..i did a ton of research before i bought a thing.Would i perfer a product from the US...sure.I just bought a house and put up a building.My old lady insisted for me to move indoors so i dont get busted and lose over 150 grand.I did.With all im paying for already i bought what i could budget and pull it off.My buddy whom is now dead from flu...swore by the stuff he was using and even i was surprised by his results.If i could have afforded HLG ide have them hanging.If i could afford a ten foot gorilla tent ide have bought that.In two years i can upgrade.....till then i simply cant.Im not a noob either...always have had sucess for over 25 years outside...planted in the native soil here no less.If i had money for a Ferrari i wouldnt drive a Ford either.

Moshmen

Moshmen

If that's true, then that is under-handed stuff. I also have no reason to doubt you. I don't exactly see Mars offering superior products. I only see a company with superior marketing skills trying to sell a lesser product.
I was also told they never used the new meanwell drivers ! I have one - exact same driver on my kingbrites!

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So the argument is really about spider and mars and other predatory companies peddling their snake oil lights. Gotcha.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Which lines up also with the article I linked on photobiology. Red more shoots and roots... also would include the budding... but more stretch and a touch less dense I would assume. More blue tighter buds, more leaf growth...shorter internodes... my sleepless super has me wondering if we have the spectrums backwards and should run HPS through veg and stretch then switch to MH?

Or maybe I'm just in a tired state of delirium

With hid more blue looser fluffier leafier buds.

Unless combined with strong red spike.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Let me take a stab at that... because you keep Americans employed... now it may not seem like at this moment in time that's important but when that place of business closes due to loss of sale to foreign markets... all of those ppl are looking for more work and who's jobs are they competing for? Yours and mine if I was American... what does that do to wages? Well so many ppl want the job and as demands for workers goes down companies take advantage to pay less to those still employed and the rich get richer and the poor and middle class (almost gone) get poorer and rely more on government and companies who take advantage.... so if your not gonna buy American then as a Canadian I will politely ask you to buy Canadian and say sorry if this offends anyone.
Canada went full-on legal, as to their products there are many audiophile companies building speakers & receivers. I agree, wages are the key to profit for the CEO's & board members.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Funny thing..i did a ton of research before i bought a thing.Would i perfer a product from the US...sure.I just bought a house and put up a building.My old lady insisted for me to move indoors so i dont get busted and lose over 150 grand.I did.With all im paying for already i bought what i could budget and pull it off.My buddy whom is now dead from flu...swore by the stuff he was using and even i was surprised by his results.If i could have afforded HLG ide have them hanging.If i could afford a ten foot gorilla tent ide have bought that.In two years i can upgrade.....till then i simply cant.Im not a noob either...always have had sucess for over 25 years outside...planted in the native soil here no less.If i had money for a Ferrari i wouldnt drive a Ford either.
Ford is mor e comfortable! Lol

SSgrower

SSgrower

We’ve covered a lot of the disreputable companies. And the proponents on Gavita have given there advertisements.

Is that are we out of options for good LEDs? Just one company? What about mammoth or viperspectra?
I just bought a 450w reflector series Viparspectra from ledwarehouse.com and it works, how well daisy-chained to a twin I will find out in 3 months or so,lol.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The real argument is whether or not you have ten grand to spend on equipment or not.
The real answer is ... you don't. Especially me .... I'm a daily smoker, but surprisingly not really a heavy consumer considering I typically only smoke an ounce a month. With that said, why would I want to spend that much? It would take a long time for my "RTOI" at that price.

Top Bottom