L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If I’m going to pull the trigger on 4 of these inquiry minds want to no🤔

see now for that purchase i would email each company and see why they say i should buy theirs and then compare pros and cons. The numbers wont be the issue.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
If I’m going to pull the trigger on 4 of these inquiry minds want to no🤔
Only 20% power saving over the hps.
I don’t think upfront cost would be worth it, but I’m not running a commercial op.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
see now for that purchase i would email each company and see why they say i should buy theirs and then compare pros and cons. The numbers wont be the issue.
See now if I had the time that you have I would get a lot more done and save a ton of money.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
so in cdn it will be like 3k. Big money.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

See now if I had the time that you have I would get a lot more done and save a ton of money.

you could have emailed all the companies in the time we posted here.

And i put in my 20 years brother. ;-)

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
same price as the 1700e on the company website I order through in Canada.

1549AB89 5332 4B8D 8C62 790096608110
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What’s my savings?
Changing from de to led compatible?
4-1000w de with 4 tons a/c
To 4 led from above bad word (gavita)
I want that # per month in watts
And a/c savings:)

Anthem

Anthem

The 1900e is designed to be a direct replacement for an HPS fixture. The watts usage is Up verses the 1700e because of a few things
#1. The actual diode layout of the fixture is small and requires directional placement of the diodes to get the foot print.
#2. There are less diodes on the 1900e, Gavita is using higher wattage diodes I believe to allow the fixture to be hung at the same height at the original HPS fixture.
If I was in the market for the 1900 I think I might wait for the second model to come out. I am presently running the 1650E and the 1700E. The 1700E is a better light than the 1650. The 1650 was around for less than a year.

Anthem

Anthem

The 1900e is designed to be a direct replacement for an HPS fixture. The watts usage is Up verses the 1700e because of a few things
#1. The actual diode layout of the fixture is small and requires directional placement of the diodes to get the foot print.
#2. There are less diodes on the 1900e, Gavita is using higher wattage diodes I believe to allow the fixture to be hung at the same height at the original HPS fixture.
If I was in the market for the 1900 I think I might wait for the second model to come out. I am presently running the 1650E and the 1700E. The 1700E is a better light than the 1650. The 1650 was around for less than a year.
Also they are not publishing a spectrum on this one and from some of the pictures, it appears they are using different shades lenses on the diodes. I can only assume this is because they are trying to get a spectrum every similar to an HPS. The size and density of the buds is drastically different from HPS and LED. Personally I prefer the look of buds grown under HPS.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Found out recently that my kindled xl1000 wifi is not only stupid expensive but stuffed with 320 cheap, no name LED's on a board that's slightly too thin... Especially for the sticker price. Fans, power supplies etc all great, above par even, but running a mix of these 3 & 5 watt LED's all the same. I guess after a couple years of full time use the cells basically disintigrate under the lenses. More of an issue of running the wattage too high on average throughout the light but brand name LED's would likely fix the problem... while shrinking profit margins a touch.

After watching this video I run my lighting at 80% max to ensure more than 2 years of use. I already closely monitor its temperature and run it on a dedicated 20amp... The light in the video and the video itself was dissapointing to see, but that being said, you don't really know what conditions the light that was dissected was run in. Low power, too hot, crammed full of dust...etc. 🤷‍♂️

I'll likely be researching a new main light in 1 - 2 years time. Still getting great results with it for the time being.

I'm totally not down with arguing online period. I've dabbled and I find it distasteful. Use your block feature. It helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom