L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

how is 80 degrees and 40% proper vpd? I have seen no one try to maintain those parameters. More like 80 and 70% is what everyone thinks they are trying for with a vpd chart.

And no vpd is not an agricultural standard at all. It is mostly from weed companies info. They latched on to a test somewhere like all the silly additive companies do.

Pretty sure he was at 77 degrees but not 100% and i bet the co2 in his basement only averages 600. Maybe spikes with company in the house. 1000 maintained would be quite high.

And i am still saying the best grows are all outside the parameters you are pushing.

i think you just think you are improving growth with vpd. Sorry.

and i noticed you did not dispute the cal mag stuff. Do you agree the ratio does not change. Well we already know it doesnt from dr. bruce bigby.
If you actually read my thread you will understand.. and also understand why I made because of just that... ppl are using using VPD wrong.

You can think I'm just fudging stuff and that's OK. By the response I understand that you truly don't understand VPD yet somehow dispute it.

Well the ambient o2 in mine is between 1000-1300. If anyone has a co2 meter please feel free to post thw co2 in your basement.

I'm not saying the ratios change... although I will say it does partially have to do with them in the fact that under conditions where growth is occurring at a faster Rate you will see any ratio issues sooner that under lesser conditions and ime out general calcium to magnesium ratios are a bit to gapped and a bit lower in most ferts than required but alot depends on media... I did not see it in soil albeit only 1 grow possible the lime added or the slower growth. In soiless and hydro I can definitely see it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Aqua Man why isnt vpd specific to plant species like light needs, nutrient ratio and so many other parameters?

Its kind of a facetious question i know. But all the other parameters are plant specific for best results.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to add that a more blue spectrum results on a higher leaf surface area overall, the red will produce more root and shoot and magnesium is used far more in the leaves than the shoots... this results in more magnesium being used... same for potassium.

Let me see if I can dig up some studies for you.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you actually read my thread you will understand.. and also understand why I made because of just that... ppl are using using VPD wrong.

You can think I'm just fudging stuff and that's OK. By the response I understand that you truly don't understand VPD yet somehow dispute it.

Well the ambient o2 in mine is between 1000-1300. If anyone has a co2 meter please feel free to post thw co2 in your basement.

I'm not saying the ratios change... although I will say it does partially have to do with them in the fact that under conditions where growth is occurring at a faster Rate you will see any ratio issues sooner that under lesser conditions and ime out general calcium to magnesium ratios are a bit to gapped and a bit lower in most ferts than required but alot depends on media... I did not see it in soil albeit only 1 grow possible the lime added or the slower growth. In soiless and hydro I can definitely see it.

mine was tested at just under 800 with a house full of people and a running propane furnace. I think a house full of more people needed for the numbers you quoted. And it would go down if everyone is sleeping.

And i understand it just fine. I understand enough to question why different plant species wouldnt have genetically adapted to different vpd parameters?

Like everything else about different plant species is different. Again. Light intensity, nutrient needs, and preferred temps.

And what about all the test that show humidity adjustment did not affect final marijuana yield?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man why isnt vpd specific to plant species like light needs, nutrient ratio and so many other parameters?

Its kind of a facetious question i know. But all the other parameters are plant specific for best results.
It is and it's used widely in flower and vegetables

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just to add that a more blue spectrum results on a higher leaf surface area overall, the red will produce more root and shoot and magnesium is used far more in the leaves than the shoots... this results in more magnesium being used... same for potassium.

Let me see if I can dig up some studies for you.

no it results in more of everything used in ratio.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@Aqua Man i read all the links and your thread again and still see no reason the static parameters on a vpd chart would go with any specific plants. Making it bro science honestly.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

yeah which chart? Is there a proper rose vpd? Orchid? Pointsetta?

I know a greenhouse manager who grows flowers. He just stresses on keeping humidity down.
It's not a chart thing... its a kpa thing. Here I'll find some.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes but because the spectrum affects the type of growth it increases the demands of certain nutrients over others slightly changing the ratios it likes.

the needs always change slightly through the life cycle. But not enough to need a changed ratio.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man i read all the links and your thread again and still see no reason the static parameters on a vpd chart would go with any specific plants. Making it bro science honestly.
Again this has been tested to death and a million studies of how temp and humidity affect the flow of water through the plant.... do you agree with this part or not. So I can find the information for ya.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's not a chart thing... its a kpa thing. Here I'll find some.

no need. I understand. I just dont agree that the range stated is neccessary for the best growth. Plants adapt their transpiration to conditions. While reversing that sounds like science it is quite disputable.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Again this has been tested to death and a million studies of how temp and humidity affect the flow of water through the plant.... do you agree with this part or not. So I can find the information for ya.

No temp is proven humidity not so much.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

no need. I understand. I just dont agree that the range stated is neccessary for the best growth. Plants adapt their transpiration to conditions. While reversing that sounds like science it is quite disputable.
Ok so then we agree transpiration affect nutrient uptake also?

Top Bottom