L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RookieBC

RookieBC

I don't know why people get so defensive over a random corporation, it ain't like that company gives a damn about the people who defend them all the time.

Reminds me of kids who say you ain't cool if you don't have on Nike, Adidas, etc. People who act like that are immature, I would avoid them at all costs lmao.
Why avoid them they are always the ones that grow better than you no matter what. I got called out for asking about a pH meter by a guy who had 17noosys of problems and I had a question about a pH meter. I even pointed out how I solved his problem on the one thread and called me an idiot and blocked me... Why avoid people like that they are so helpful telling you how much you suck at everything 🤣🤣

Oldman13

Oldman13

Why avoid them they are always the ones that grow better than you no matter what. I got called out for asking about a pH meter by a guy who had 17noosys of problems and I had a question about a pH meter. I even pointed out how I solved his problem on the one thread and called me an idiot and blocked me... Why avoid people like that they are so helpful telling you how much you suck at everything 🤣🤣
8a9d9d06 11a7 4a39 8f4e 78829f30e020
pondering the situation........ got to hope it wasn't me? No no could not have been me I haven't blocked anybody so nope nope I'm safe... and I do believe I use a pH meter yep yep yep I surely do not as much as I used to but yes I do use one of those gizmos

Oldman13

Oldman13

Capture 2021 05 02 13 23 43
yeah yeah I say yeah yeah yeah yeah

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

So, I read that some Quantum Boards specifically and LEDs in general are inefficient/ineffective at producing certain wavvelengths of light compared to bulbs. Does anoyone care to explain which wavelengths those happen to be.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Hey guys, can I put a potentiometer on an led driver that doesn't come with a dial from factory? Is it worth the time effort and money? I get decent results from these carambola white rose strip ones I got just curious if I can get them to dim like the viparspectras

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Hey guys, can I put a potentiometer on an led driver that doesn't come with a dial from factory? Is it worth the time effort and money? I get decent results from these carambola white rose strip ones I got just curious if I can get them to dim like the viparspectras
What driver specifically

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Right my bad, got pics here of the drivers. 2 different generations of the same model light, guess they revised the drivers because ones longer
20210511 121238
20210511 121020

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

When I started out I ran mh/hps and I would average .3 to .6gpw then I made the switch to blurples and averaged about the same gpw, but saw a noticable quality increase in trichome density. Then most recently upgraded to lm301b strips, and have gotten upwards of 2gpw. So in my opinion led technology has come a long way, but also could be me getting better over the years. Just my .02 on led vs hps

pdasterly

pdasterly

I think LED's are the way of the future no question, issue right now is cost, once the good ones come down in price then i think more people will make the switch. but there is still differences

If we're talking high end led's they can't be compared to single end hps they have surpass them . maybe not cheap knockoff ones but higher end ones I think so.

Do the high end led's surpass the high end DE hps. Thats the question I've been trying to answer, and i'm not so sure. I think it really depends on how one looks at it

the differences between the LED's and DE hps for me are this, cost, my high end DE hps are 1/4 the cost, for every one led I can get 4 DE hps. so how many lights one runs is a factor, different plant growth and structure between the 2 , depend on how you view that one maybe a positive one maybe a negative, veg and flower time, I do think DE hps is faster maybe 3-4 weeks faster over a entire grow. so for every 3-4 ish led grows you'll get an extra DE hps grow in the same time. power consumption Led wins that battle, but if your running your LED's extra time/weeks to do the same grow it may not win by as much as it looks on the face of things. For yield I see really no difference. I think the higher end led's have caught up to DE hps, however there is some variables I'm not sure of like in bigger rooms. amout of fixtures,cross lighting etc thats a whole other subject lol. plus room environment differences etc. so I'm not sure there is a clear cut one is better then the other.
perfect answer i wanted to hear, i think imma wait for the next generation of leds to replace 1000w de

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
It's gone quiet, is that all there is to say on this subject?

Homesteader

Homesteader

So, I read that some Quantum Boards specifically and LEDs in general are inefficient/ineffective at producing certain wavvelengths of light compared to bulbs. Does anoyone care to explain which wavelengths those happen to be.
No LEDs make white light and all need a converter layer to mix yellow and blue along with various combos to make certain color temps. Other types of light have higher amounts of IR given off along with higher reds but leds can match color by adding whatever recipe of color you want. IR Is helpful in the winter but a hinderance in the summer imo. There are other ways to get heat, personally I don't need ac in the winter on most days.

An older video but helpful to understand how LEDs are made. Note these are high powered and mid powers are easier to make.

Last edited:
Top Bottom