L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

That's a bloom light, the light spectrum is lacking middle. Middle is to create short dense growth.

jonnynobody

jonnynobody

That's a bloom light, the light spectrum is lacking middle. Middle is to create short dense growth.
I have 6 qb's. 4 are 3000k/5000k mixture of chips. The 2 most recent 660w qb's I bought in 3500k chips are producing much better vegetative growth. 3500k is the optimal spectrum for veg to bloom. The 3000k/5000k chips will work but not as effectively as 3500k.

3500k is full spectrum and highly effective for veg and flower. That's why HLG uses that spectrum on many of their boards and sells them for veg through flower applications. I just wouldn't pay their prices in this life or the next.

jonnynobody

jonnynobody

I should say the 3000k/5000k chip setup works great. There is nothing wrong with that configuration. I'm seeing noticeably better growth with the 2 plants under the new 3500k lights. After seeing these results I plan to order my next 4 boards in 3500k chips. Still gotta replace a power sucking 432w T5 with a couple more 110w qb's which work perfect for a 5x5. I often have to reduce power they kick out so much light. The final max out upgrade for the flower room will be the addition of 2 more 660's in 3500k. Just waiting to free up some funds :)

Here's a cool pic of my banzai critical mass. This was grown under 2 110w qb's with the 3000k/5000k chips at 50% power.

20210619 112044 HDR
20210619 112033

The board is at 25% power presently. I don't go to full power until week 3 of flower after flower set has ocurred. Then let it rain sunshine through harvest.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Mard hydro and spider farmer are the same company. I would not recommend either brand.
Cool your jets Johnny, not a good idea to diss The Farms sponsor, Spider Farmer!
And for the record Mars hydro and spider Farmer are not the same company.
Mars used to be a sponsor and no longer are allowed to advertise here.
Both spider Farmer and Mars hydro lights have been distributed as “gifts” to The Farms members and spider Farmer has stood up to The Farms members grows over time and use.
Thank you and good day:)
Staff

jonnynobody

jonnynobody

Cool your jets Johnny, not a good idea to diss The Farms sponsor, Spider Farmer!
And for the record Mars hydro and spider Farmer are not the same company.
Mars used to be a sponsor and no longer are allowed to advertise here.
Both spider Farmer and Mars hydro lights have been distributed as “gifts” to The Farms members and spider Farmer has stood up to The Farms members grows over time and use.
Thank you and good day:)
Staff
No disrespect meant. They poorly handled a warranty issue related to a defective board and offered me a $20 refund. For that reason I can not recommend them. Spider farmer and mars are indeed the same company creating the illusion of competition. They used to be known as Meizhi. If you pull up the Meizhi store on Amazon you'll see all of the answers to consumer questions for the Meizhi products responded to by "the manufacturer" are by the same vendor now listed as "Spider Farmer" instead of Meizhi. Just a new incarnation of the same outfit. I'll leave the conversation at my inability to recommend their products due to a poor customer service experience related to a defect. This was out in the open on another forum in which they are an advertiser also. The rep offered no satisfactory resolution. It is what it is.

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx124LSFSIONEYI/ref=ask_dp_dpmw_al_hza This is a link to one of the Meizhi products Q and A between customers and the manufacturer. You'll notice Meizhi is now known as spider farmer.

Here's a link to the old Meizhi store:

In regards to spider farmer and mars being the same company there are numerous reports of consumers contacting spider farmer regarding a question via email and a mars rep responds. Also numerous consumers have reported after paying for a spider farmer unit via paypal the payment was sent to a company called mars. The marketing is the same. The boards are nearly identical aside from window dressing. Their tents are the same. This is because it is the same company. None of this discussion would be occurring if my warranty issue had been handled reasonably. Again, it is what it is.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man shall brief this argument for dummies😉
I cannot conform or dispute that... there were rumors but like anything cannabis there are rumors about everything that turn out to be false and we're not exactly in high school anymore here.

I haven't heard of many complaints in terms of warranty or service. In fact from everything I have seen SF goes above and beyond most for service and there are plenty of grows around to show the effectiveness of thier lights.

I could sit around and speculate all day that maybe they are sister companies and maybe they aren't but imo it doesn't matter. I would have 0 issues using thier lights in my grow and the lights, warranty and service they show now are pretty dam good AFAIK

Products and companies evolve they either earn thier share of the market or not. Imo SF will be here to stay

jonnynobody

jonnynobody

I cannot conform or dispute that... there were rumors but like anything cannabis there are rumors about everything that turn out to be false and we're not exactly in high school anymore here.

I haven't heard of many complaints in terms of warranty or service. In fact from everything I have seen SF goes above and beyond most for service and there are plenty of grows around to show the effectiveness of thier lights.

I could sit around and speculate all day that maybe they are sister companies and maybe they aren't but imo it doesn't matter. I would have 0 issues using thier lights in my grow and the lights, warranty and service they show now are pretty dam good AFAIK

Products and companies evolve they either earn thier share of the market or not. Imo SF will be here to stay
They're not bad lights at all. Compared to the competition such as HLG or even Budget LED they're considerably more affordable while offering equivalent performance. They've sold a ton of them and they're going to sell a ton more, because the build quality is fairly solid and the on board components are of high quality. However, when the IP65 waterproofing glue is melting on the PCB due to excessive heat and I'm offered a $20 refund I can no longer recommend their product. If the same happened on one of my 6 alibaba qb's I'd be stating the same about them and the vendor I purchased from. I think the SF lights are solid boards with quality components and I don't mean for my experience to inhibit anyone from purchasing one. It could have just been a one off fluke in manufacturing. Their products are very highly rated on amazon. Again, I meant no disrespect to an advertiser. I do hope they offer thicker heat sinks in the future which would provide for better heat dissipation. Aluminum is quite cheap :) They'd have a bullet proof product with that simple modification.

jonnynobody

jonnynobody

Moving over to LED is more torturous than coming out, I'd dare tell my parents I'm gay, but I can't come out to my buddies and tell them that I've moved over to LED, they just wouldn't understand. 🤣🤣🤣
I can totally dig that man. I never knew how emotional people got over plant lighting until I got into LED grow lights. Bring a bat and a blade because shit gets real. Every "which light is the best" thread turns into a complete dumpster fire. Bring marshmallows. You can't have mine :)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Spider Farmer has put themselves in a great position. They provide quality lights at a lower price than most.
They are not as overpowered as others, but they are quality lights. With the mid line price and a better than mid line light, they are popular.

It's not the best light. It's not the worst light. You have to evaluate for your own grow. Comparing to others is silly.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They're not bad lights at all. Compared to the competition such as HLG or even Budget LED they're considerably more affordable while offering equivalent performance. They've sold a ton of them and they're going to sell a ton more, because the build quality is fairly solid and the on board components are of high quality. However, when the IP65 waterproofing glue is melting on the PCB due to excessive heat and I'm offered a $20 refund I can no longer recommend their product. If the same happened on one of my 6 alibaba qb's I'd be stating the same about them and the vendor I purchased from. I think the SF lights are solid boards with quality components and I don't mean for my experience to inhibit anyone from purchasing one. It could have just been a one off fluke in manufacturing. Their products are very highly rated on amazon. Again, I meant no disrespect to an advertiser. I do hope they offer thicker heat sinks in the future which would provide for better heat dissipation. Aluminum is quite cheap :) They'd have a bullet proof product with that simple modification.
Most LEDs are recommended to run at 80%. Your quite right maybe a faulty part. I don't know your warranty dates or communications but there is a rep here that may be able to help you? Worth a shot to see bro.

jonnynobody

jonnynobody

It's not the best light. It's not the worst light. You have to evaluate for your own grow. Comparing to others is silly.
The one thing I tell anybody that's looking to buy their first LED light is to make sure you buy what you want. Don't buy something because of mob mentality or because someone twisted your arm into "x" brand. Some people love HLG and that's cool. It's their garden. Grow it how you want, right? I'd never let someone skew my decision on a purchase and neither should you or anyone else for that matter. I'd never let someone tell me what kind of sneakers to buy so why would I let them tell me what brand or kind of LED light to buy? Hell, when I bought my lights from alibaba I purchased from a vendor nobody recommended or had even heard of. I think it kinda blew everyone's mind and the quality is excellent.

Everyone should do their own research and choose the best option for their particular needs and budget. And by all means make it something you're going to love! :)

jonnynobody

jonnynobody

Most LEDs are recommended to run at 80%. Your quite right maybe a faulty part. I don't know your warranty dates or communications but there is a rep here that may be able to help you? Worth a shot to see bro.
It's less than a year old. I reached out to the amazon rep with my invoice and photos of the damage. They made their position clear and weren't interested in budging. This was about a month ago and I've made peace with it at this point. Sometimes ya just gotta eat some hash caps and have a healthy serving of humble pie. I had 2 slices and a double dose of hash caps for that one :)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's less than a year old. I reached out to the amazon rep with my invoice and photos of the damage. They made their position clear and weren't interested in budging. This was about a month ago and I've made peace with it at this point. Sometimes ya just gotta eat some hash caps and have a healthy serving of humble pie. I had 2 slices and a double dose of hash caps for that one :)
I think you got a bad rep. I've tried to ask questions of the SF Rep here and all I get is some cut and paste butchered English response. I know many companies are going that route because it saves money, but it pisses people off and is not good customer service. Most likely, you suffered an isolated incident, but I get how it leaves a nasty flavor.

chemistry

chemistry

After following this excellent and informative topic, I came to the conclusion that all modern LED parts are made by the same people, the only thing that changes is who puts their brand name on the frame that holds them in place, apart from the now out of date dismally coloured burples, most LED's will grow even a small plant, so pick your brand, build a castle round it, draw your sword and protect it with your life, or some one will rubbish it, you've been warned. 🙂

Top Bottom