L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Is the spare bedroom I have my 2 separate tents in considered the "lung room" meaning if I keep temp/hum stable in that room, leaving the tents wide open it keeps my tents stable as well?
Depends on your venting setup. But ya.
most important to setting up tents is Keeping stable conditions outside the tent.
I keep the tent doors closed to help dial in VPD a little easier. Windows and vents are always open, I run passive Intake with big ass can filter inside tent the pushes air back into lung. I have another big ass can that vents outside from the lung, and another smaller one that brings cool air into lung from outside.
temps are completely controlled by Fans, and heater overnight if it dips below 65.
I stated earlier, only run in winter in my grow room.
humidifier sits in the lung room.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
If I was on the market for an LED light setup, had the money burning a hole in my wallet right now, and I had read all 34 pages of this topic, I'd still be none the wiser as to whether I should go LED or not. lol 🤣
Like a true debate. No right or wrong. Just opinions. 👍

shitwinds

shitwinds

Geez. What’s the sarcasm emoji😂
I’m a lover. ✌ To all.
glad my wife understands my humour anyways. otherwise the beatings would have to pick up😳
i have the same humor with my mrs...........she always says "maybe you should start a regimine of beatings"

always thought it was her humor.......maybe she has an S&M side🤷‍♂️

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
i have the same humor with my mrs...........she always says "maybe you should start a regimine of beatings"

always thought it was her humor.......maybe she has an S&M side🤷‍♂️
Hmm. Not my thing but you could always start small. Spankings never really hurt anyone?
Probably gunna get a mod in here if this goes off the rails. 😂

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

Oh there you go again. Should I call foul and call a mod, wait this is the fun part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes we need a Coco arguing thread
A promix arguing thread
A RDWC Arguing thread
And so on!!!!!!!!!!
Le Mods fear le homegrown organic ingredients thread.
⚠︎BANNHAMMERED⚠︎

aquarium as a seed starter is an interesting idea. I had a friend who started all his plants like that but used tubs instead of glass. How effective do you think a space bucket style floating seedling tank with cheap light and built in fan would do? One could leave it in the closet or garage without much issue as the space that needs venting is very small. I’m currently using rooter pods and very excited with the results. Floating pods in a space bucket will free up a bunch of tent space
It really depends on the light. Everything else would do fine I suppose,. If you have an aquarium laying around or you plan on getting into Fee--ish getting an aquarium at lets say the dollar per gallon sale at the pet store is cost effective for both your initial, small scale planting needs and obviously it serves multiple cool functions. Aquariums are nice in my opinion because you can just tape on relflectives and decent aquarium light ballists etc are suitable for growing purposes with the right bulbs, like say the T5 setups which you can replace light bulbs at whim.

In any case If you are going to use an aquarium or a tank of some kind i would just coat or cover the outside with a high reflective to maximize your gains, keeping the light inside and possible also heat. Re-usable Panda flms would work well taped to an aquarium as both a reflectant surface and as a insulator, Ive even used large USPS envelopes or aluminum sheeting/foil for small tanks in a bind. Every little bit helps and sometimes you just work with what youve got... rubbermaids, aquairum tanks, Taped diy reflection areas from white envelopes. An aquariums nice because well, glass and multi-use but you dont have to go and just buy an aqaurium to achieve the desired results.. I just find there are many benefits to small style beginning kits or diys that are spacebucket style, and I personally prefer growing my seedings of any sort in a aquarium tank with T5 Agro lights setup to my aquarium tank ballists. Works for me. I I have them on hand or even if I dont, I likeah dah feeish too so more benefit to the cost than one hobby. Shit I even use my fish water from other tanks for my vegetable plants water/fert needs. I know whats in my fish waste, I grow their food and the fishes planted tank water starts RO/DI and is measured often for fluctuations.

Right now I have butternut squash, orange baby tomats, rosemary, sage, and peppers going in a space bucketstyle grow, recieving sunlight from my window sill and then aquarium light supplements due to lacking strong sunlight due to winter and indoor exposure problems. I am doing the floating tray and bottom feeding method and have the water circulating via a small cheap fishtank filter, if I was worried about temps I could add a fishtank heater. I also have a cheapo generic fish thermometer in as well to measure water temp., It just makes it easier, cheaper, and more beneficial going between hobbies for me personally. Using/buying an a glass aquarium to do a spacebucket style beginning always works and I can use it for my future feeish planted tank or shrimp breeding. I always have them on hand so no additional costs. Id even consider a full on hydro or aqua spacebucket setup the entire lifecycle with an aquarium, aquarium ballist and a floating/styrofoam device. I have seen people growing herbs on top of their fish tank for instance. Anything you want to do with growing plants could be easily doable with the right McGuyver know how. I've always found my basic leftover/old/onhand aquarium hobby equipment (tanks, heaters, hydro water circulation, thermometers) transitions well for me between both hobbies and is useful for my needs. I have seen spacebucket micro grows before. The option for hydro/aqua or full agro/veg/flower life cycle is also available with an aquarium setup and the right mindset.

But beware, Mods fear the modern DIY farmer.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Already well proven to not make a bit of difference in marijuana yield by ed Rosenthal and others.

que VPD arguing now...

@Aqua Man
Proven is a stretch at best.... I guess they know something the entire agricultural and ornamental industry don't. Would love to actually see the studies they did... happen to have em or are they just observation with no real controls?

I remember you saying for the longest time it's only used in cannabis? Well think we showed thats not true either 😁

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Proven is a stretch at best.... I guess they know something the entire agricultural and ornamental industry don't. Would love to actually see the studies they did... happen to have em or are they just observation with no real controls?

I remember you saying for the longest time it's only used in cannabis? Well think we showed thats not true either 😁

you still havent read the ed rosenthal grow book. It was used as the textbook at canna university.

the old boys tested everything including uv and far red by the 90’s.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

and i said i only saw that chart you hate on cannabis forums and blogs.

Top Bottom