L.E.D. Argument Thread For Dummies:)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

discovering poor light spread with LEDs with my new Mars lights. It might be premature in saying this, but I’m not sure if LEDs are the answer to good grows. A combination of lights is probably gonna do it. Or side LED lighting. That or maybe some solexx greenhouse covering to diffuse the light across the space. I can try one plant with diffused light and the other just exposed regularly. Anyone ever tried diffusing the LED light before it reaches the plant?
The right tool for the job... many different styles to suit different requirements.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Only now to derail it further. 😄

Like don't get me wrong, I'm not being a dick. I'm just saying that it's pretty funny that this is the thread you chose to argue your opinions on the definition of politics.
Hey man, I didn't bring it up, though it wasn't new to this thread (this thread is new to me) & it comes up pretty often with some people that haven't suffered the same consequences as I, so chip on my shoulder? yeah sure... 🤷‍♂️

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

discovering poor light spread with LEDs with my new Mars lights. It might be premature in saying this, but I’m not sure if LEDs are the answer to good grows. A combination of lights is probably gonna do it. Or side LED lighting. That or maybe some solexx greenhouse covering to diffuse the light across the space. I can try one plant with diffused light and the other just exposed regularly. Anyone ever tried diffusing the LED light before it reaches the plant?
not gonna comment on the brand but I will agree I think the best end light fixture is probaby a combination of different setups used together unless you want to do alot of strips spread out in a certain way. . Perhaps strips and other LED/COB/QB fixtures would serve well used together, but as far as Im aware most LED lights lack adequate UV IR output, youd need a supplement for that other than LED for the maximum end result of that spectrum.

I keep thinking of the geometrics and how to get and even light distribution from LEDs in any case. UV and IR additions are something else for another thread, I dont think UV IRs from LEDs are good enough so they are out. Another aspect of LED lighting I have been thinking about where it can still grow and mature has been the LED companys learning to maximize the usable wavelengths/spectrum for the plants, which would cut down on wasted light that the plants have no need for. But even for those possible future growth areas, I think they are limited by what science can provide in studies for them to move forward. I think the jury is still out on some of the usable plant light spectrum but once they figure all that out LED companies might be able to use that to maximize efficiencies in the grow light industry.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

i think everyone needs to just hit a peace pipe. lets focus back on productive discussion, politics and finance can get their own thread and in any case like someone said earlier finance can often become political (crypto,gold,money system).
le banksters fear le organized forum trading groups apparantly. see, i just got political.

back on topic, whats everyones favorite form of LED- COB, QB, Puck, Strip. SWOT Analysis for them?
If you had to pick a single style which would it be, if you had to pick multiple styles,which ones (COB+Strip, QB+COB, all, etc).

Also, is hexagon le master shape for square growscape? Was considering various shapes, even considered the circle or the star of david. I think we deserve better shapes dudes, we gotta stop being so squareminded. Lets think outside the proverbial box on this one.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I'd say it depends on the shape of the grow space!

For my flower spot, 2x6 right now, I think that it would likely be LED bars, but be placed at intersecting angles for maximum exposure. Facing down is nice, but there's potential for more exposure to light in a waved pattern.

Pottscreekweedfarmer

Pottscreekweedfarmer

I refuse to to be a keyboard badass.Theres been a killer flow of good advise on here.Theres also the atypical few who want to fight over everything posted.Albeit less than most forums.I wish everyone whom has sprouted a seed good luck,i dont care if you rub two sticks together for lighting.GOOD LUCK.Hope everyone gets what their after in the end.1diesel1 ive noticed only a few in your spider farmer grow.Had to edit as i read it again and it was starting there too.
Buy what you can afford

Pottscreekweedfarmer

Pottscreekweedfarmer

turning Thc farmer into a big advertisement for a dishonest lighting company is disrespectful. It happened with Mars hydro and is now the same with spider farmer. Its pathetic that growers are helping them do this for a $100 lamp. Now a moderator is doing it for them. The grow proves nothing. Its not a side by side with another light to prove anything. And the light is not the right size for the tent used anyway. Its bad advice even but sells another lamp somewhere. Lol. They are over the moon with us doing all this cheap advertising for them. It cheapens our site. The best and usually most honestly informative site like this there is.

It should be called spider farmer. Oh wait!?!?!?
I personally purchased a black dog 800. You cannot go wrong with this light. Don't fuck around with that cheap ass Chinese shit. If you are going to do it, do it right. Use cheap shit, get cheap third shelf weed. peace, grow on, and fuck the government!

SSgrower

SSgrower

As far as "space" goes, coverage is key for uniform growth or maximum yield of said cannabis. I bought Viparspectra in the wrong wattage but as fate has it buying another 450w reflector series daisy-chained may work out for my 4'x4'x80" tent. Being on the Texas coast heat is my main concern. Never grew with HPS or anything else but Del Sol.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

This.

The biggest impact that crypto has had is that it takes away the regional monopolies that governments have on currency creatiion.

Crypto currency doesn't do shit but help governments launder blackmail money they owe each other.

Yall wonder why America has a fucking religious empire solely dedicated to scamming old people and sending their money to Israel? Ask Ghislane.

LPculti

LPculti

I started at 18” or so and let the plant tell me when the light was to close. 6” was borderline and 12” was fine for my set up.
Thanks a lot! I'm going to play around with the height and see what the girls tell me.

Top Bottom