- ISS x Tahoe, bred by @lino
- 600W L.E.D.
- Planted in Bush Doctor's CocoLoco
Led organic grow 3
Led organic grow
Led organic grow 2

MandyJane

MandyJane

Transplanted into 5 gallons after only 2 weeks; still a little tender from the transplant, but should be popping in a couple of days.
Also, took my first clones before I put these ladies into bud (may the great weed gods bless me). :party1:

IMG 1120
IMG 1122
IMG 1118

lino

lino

@MandyJane , I know you already know and understand most of this, if not all of it, but I'm explaining for all the readers who might be able to use some of this Best Practice stuff in their own gardens.

Nomenclature of Cannabis, Cannabis naming conventions vary between cannabis breeders but heres how we do it for large breeding projects with multiple growers.
This format is entirely different from our journals,
Marking pots and seed packets, How To Mark incoming seeds and for ID marking for our own seed banks,,,
If we dont follow these naming conventions confusion can and will occur , maybe not for you, but when you hand them to the other breeder, seeds, plants, clones.
Incoming Seeds; we'll use your seeds as an example, seed packets

Seed Packets
Start with Breeder and or Manufacture;
Breeder Seeds - What you have! seed will be an natural seed. And will be named at the top - "Lino"
Manufactured seeds - seeds built in a lab, You dont have Manufactured seeds. The embryo are encased in chemicals to form a genetically manufactured seed and not to be confused with Greenhouse Seed Co. seed Coats. If you ever find both Breeder and Manufactured seeds in you seed bank the convention is as follows "bLino" or "mLino".

Date of propagation - Incoming Seed Packets, not your own breeding projects and journal.
In the case of the seeds you have you are well aware of genetics in the finished product of both parents and several generation prior. This is a luxury, You know the breeder of this IIS mother ( 2 generation), I have breed the father, Tahoe, for 2 generation. And your seeds are "2016".

Pedigree, WHo your Daddy?
In this case again, you have well documented IIS mother X Tahoe Dad. I'd Highly recommend using "IISxTah".

Generations - F1 F2 F3
To keep this simple I'll just explain F1. A cross of 2 different strains will be labled "F1". That what you have.
'
SO on your "seed packets" if you have any beans left the label would be
Lino2016IISxTahF1

///////////////////////////////////////////

Okay label pots and clones.
In many cases you could start with a Cultivar name, CV, name like Mandy, but with breeding and especially with multiple breeders in project where plants/clones are handed to breeders you want your plant pot tags as follows.
each plant can have a letter are number , BUT I reccomend a NUMBER. 2 reasons , the first reason numbers help each grower and breeders with plant counts.
the the plant tag would be
IISxTah1

Next line, I always forget but DATES are important.
12/5

And I know your well taught keen eyes that have most likely sexed the plants so on the plant marker: M or F

And Dont Forget to mark your clones. You have Mothers so when a breeder takes a clone from one of your clones he knows he has a C2 clone. If any disease, or other issues happen good and bad we can identify the source and breed or recall all pathogens and inferior genetics. This is monumental in helping in the identification of Hermy Dominate and Rec traits from our gene lines or incoming gene lines
So you tags are as follows
ISSxTah #1, ISSxTah #2, ISSxTah #3 and so forth
Pot tag:
ISSxTah #1
F1
12/5
F or M
C1 or nothing...
///////////////////////////////////////////////

lino

lino

Holyshit, you're plants are on fire! The growth rate is outstanding. My strains started out behind the plant in front and then my strains blew rite past that other strain in front. The parents and forefathers have never seen an LED. The plants seem to like LEDs and your soil, that was special tea for that soil. I think you got a certain lava rock in that soil, B.Doctor, and that type of tea creates an ionic reaction from a microbe I've added that will thrive around that type of lava rock. Nice job, those plants are out growing mine!

Irietime

Irietime

Grapefruit Diesel. LED grown in coco. Best choice I ever made switching from soil to coco. And loving LED lights too! We'll see how they finish flowering but I will DEFINITELY be using LEDS at least for veg growth.
Did you always keep the light that close or did you let the plants grow until they reached the light?

dan1989

dan1989

Did you always keep the light that close or did you let the plants grow until they reached the light?

Never intended for it to get that close. Actually I had to raise the height of my roof by 6 inches cos they're stretchy bastards! I began tying down before flipping the lights, then had to do the roof raising during the early flower stretch. As it happens, the plants are taking it well, only got light burn when they actually started touching the glass. But the '600w' LED I bought is cheaper than the model I wanted, and is really probably only around 350w equivalent. The MARSHYDRO 300w I had was MUCH more powerful than my current one. Guess you get what you pay for. The plants have been sitting about 5 inches away for the last few weeks and no problems at all! I think it helps that I rotate the plants every week, so the same leaves aren't being blasted constantly. I'll let you know how it went after harvest!

Top Bottom