LA Med Cup - Anyone Going?

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
treebark1950

treebark1950

Any of you guys check out the convention? I personally was totally let down, it was itty bitty and outside, the entire thing. My girl and I left after about 45min to an hour. Not what I expected.

I personally thought the grow seminar was totally weak.

Hope you guys had fun.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Bummer to hear that about the cup man.

Were there any seed vendors? What was the deal on medicating?

-TF

Venom818

Venom818

Bummer to hear that about the cup man.

Were there any seed vendors? What was the deal on medicating?

-TF

medicating was everywhere some seed company's so.cal seed company i saw was selling herb didnt see any seeds also humboldt seed comapany there was acouple of dispenceries selling herb but thats it the best thing there was the a1 nutrient girls LOL, glass was weak was hoping of getting a nice slide for my new peyote pillar but there was nothing.That shit was pretty wack ;(

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

By far, the highlight of the show was Hitman glass. It seems like if you weren't sporting hitman you weren't one of the cool kids. There was a booth giving dabs to anybody talking by out of 10k$ hitman torch/bongs. Stoked I got to hit out of three torch/bongs, and about 5 different hitman tubes and bubs. I couldn't believe people were just walkin around with em like it was a disposable glass pipe or something. I saw some kids all sitting in a booth with maybe 50k in glass sitting on the table. I was just walkin around askin if I could hit people's rigs, priceless but peeps seemed to like my errl so they didn't mind
IMAG0689-1-1874046786.jpg

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

Wish SJPG luck! Im very excited for them and the fact I popped those beans! Holy moly, I'm Gunna be chipper as HeLL if they win with a MuTT CuT. :winking0067: Both strains are super dank.

SJPG also entered some WiFi wax in the comp and it is nuclear, I bet the wax places high. It's so good. I have pics to post, I'll get em up very soon.

Good luck to everyone, have fun down there I won't be able to make it. Got lots of work to do.

hellll yeah man best of luck to ya patna!i hope2 c u like this :anim_19::anim_19::anim_19::anim_19::anim_19:.... i remember i drove all the way to sj to go pik up some wifi clones and a grip of other strains ill never forget that i drove like 22 hours str8 to get there n bak home that craziest shit was that on my way bak home my tired popd on the side of the road and out of all the places it happend to be next to a checkpoint :mad0229: long story short those clones were never suppose to make it home but by the glory of the ganja gods they did...i remember the one wifi cut that i did get i remember u mention that it bites like a shark wish i could flowered it never got the chance 2 but all the rest of the other stra :bong2:ins i did.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Im on my way right now, hopefully not a waste of time

if anyones goin hit me a pm and well have a nice session... peace

og619

og619

Let me start off by saying that i have wanted to attend the high times cup for as long as i can remember. Drove up from SD and ended up driving right by the event without stopping. It looked to be in a shitty little park and not what i had expected, It was around 3pm and people were leaving. Anyone have a good time there? Were you able to purchase judges passes, heard to enter a strain they wanted $1200 and 40 gs of nug. We need an event for the people and by the people.

S

Schwoop

Missed you Venom, Saw TricomeFan for a minute today, Met some judges and dropped white bombs on them, It was all about contacts/networking and spreading the word/herb, the glass is half full or half empty, Imvho I think it was a step closer to what we all want, I mean were else can you walk around in public with a torch and and Chalis and do Dab's!!!!! Only thing I know is we worked that place tell the hubcaps fell off! Made a ton of killer contacts from everywhere!!

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

I mean were else can you walk around in public with a torch and and Chalis and do Dab's!!!!!

It was interesting, everybody knows what sick glass looks like but it was cool to see the variety of torches, globes, dishes, dabbers, curves, and I even ripped a health stone

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

Here are the winners.

Thanks to all vendors and judges and all of the new friends we’ve made throughout the great state of California, our nation’s cannabis capital! Here are the L.A. Cup winners!

BEST SATIVA
1—Sonoma Coma by Happy Lil’ Trees
2—Organic Blue Dream Haze by American Organic
3—Dutch Treat #5 by Buds and Roses Collective

BEST INDICA
1—Doc’s Cut by The Therapeutic Healing Center
2—Kosher Kush by Buds and Roses Collective
3—Kosher Kush by Magnolia Wellness

BEST HYBRID
1—Master Yoda by Kush Connection
2—Starberry Cough by Buds and Roses Collective
3—Platinum OG by Vivid Research Cooperative Inc.

BEST CONCENTRATE
1—F’N Ridiculous OG Budder by Crown Extracts
2—310 OG Budder by Venice Medical Center
3—Confidential Mix (solventless) by Buds and Roses Collective

BEST EDIBLE
1—Bhang Medicinal Cannabis Chocolate—the 180 mg. “Ice” bar—by Bhang Collective/Zen OC
2—Cheeba Chews Decadose by DPC Inc.
3—Aussie Roc by Bud and Roses Collective

CBD AWARD FOR TOP MEDICAL STRAIN
Catango by Unity Non-Profit Collective

BEST BOOTH
1—Incredibowl
2—Hitman Glass
3—(Tie) Made
3—(Tie) Steep Hill Lab

BEST PRODUCT
1—Mama’s Wholesome Grinder
2—Incredibowl
3—Grass Roots

BEST GLASS
1—Hitman Glass - Tristian Hodges
2—Incredibowl
3—Dopeass Glass

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Man I have so many things to say about this cup. First, one must decide before throwing an event like this if they want to do a Medical cup or a cannabis cup.....this one was surely more of the latter. I am 100 percent for full legalization, but strongly believe that the medical industry needs to be represented as medical in order to maintain validity amongst those, especially academics and law makers, who may be against the mmj movement. I also think that the blow torches to butane hash oil barely represents mmj at all, and truly makes us look like crack heads......that does not mean that I do not enjoy dabs, but time and place are of the utmost importance. The next thing that is annoying is all this og kush bullshit, one strain of og exists THAT IS IT, unless you crossed it is all the same and should be respected as such. Lastly, this was not even a cup. I mean how could the people actually judge this cannabis? Los Angeles is HUGE!!!!! It is not like Amsterdam where one can do the "coffeeshop crawl", therefore, this event should of at least been held at a dispensary or have a temp license for one on sight so that everyone can actually judge this.......

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Let me start off by saying that i have wanted to attend the high times cup for as long as i can remember. Drove up from SD and ended up driving right by the event without stopping. It looked to be in a shitty little park and not what i had expected, It was around 3pm and people were leaving. Anyone have a good time there? Were you able to purchase judges passes, heard to enter a strain they wanted $1200 and 40 gs of nug. We need an event for the people and by the people.

plus 1

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

LA Cup summary

Well, now that I am a little less medicated I am here to report about my time at the LA High Times medical cannabis cup.

You have a point there. Did you at least go in anyway? There was much more than just the park. I did enjoy the cup, and understand it for what it is. But you're right, a people's vote would be a great addition. The biggest problem is how to have all those people smoke that many samples in the time of the cup. Say if there is only best sativa, indica, and hybrid, and they have only six entries for each, that means you have to smoke 18 varieties and judge them in less than a 48hr period. Maybe there could be a simpler way that people could judge any category that they wanted to buy the sample pack for. Say 6 samples (entries) for $20 donation or something. There could be something to that. Any High Times guys listening?

that shit was wack bro

All in how you look at it man. Talk to the right people, and it turns into gold.

Missed you Venom, Saw TricomeFan for a minute today, Met some judges and dropped white bombs on them, It was all about contacts/networking and spreading the word/herb, the glass is half full or half empty, Imvho I think it was a step closer to what we all want, I mean were else can you walk around in public with a torch and and Chalis and do Dab's!!!!! Only thing I know is we worked that place tell the hubcaps fell off! Made a ton of killer contacts from everywhere!!

Sup, Schwoop! Good to bump into you there at the event. Thanks for the beans. You do understand one of the best parts of the cup. Making those quality contacts. Getting the word out about Avalon and A1. I was doing similar for me and mine as well. Even if it wasn't the biggest event, it was a good one. Plenty of herbs and dabs everywhere. I saw no hassles by cops or security, period.

Did they have any info on the sf cup?

I did talk to some people about that from HT. They said that there will be one. :yes The date has not been set yet.

A collective is entering the KK I put out this year. I dont know if it will win, but it has a nice cure on it and I think it has a good chance, all politics aside.

Was that your Kosher Kush there Cap? Big congrats for you if so! :pimp:

So was the cup good? I say yes. Now the previous cup in SF was definitely way better, but if you're around the LA area, I wouldn't miss this one either. Comparatively speaking here's the breakdown:

SF cup - Bigger, more freebies (buds, edibles, tinctures, schwag), even cooler crowd, more seed companies, more places to chill.

LA cup - better food (a few "gourmet" food trucks), less drive for me (met more local people who are like minded), steep hill free testing

There was plenty of everything being smoked everywhere there. Edibles galore. I saw tons of freebies from free vape and oil hits to stickers, papers, beeline, lighters, and hats. I saw raffles for bigger free giveaways from a few booths. New tech pen sized oil vape units at a few booths were cool. I would have loved to see one that would work for full melt bubble though. There were at least four or five seed co's there. There was So Cal seeds, NorCal genetics, Rare Dankness, and Cali Connection. I picked up a few beans from Rare Dankness that is some sort of Skywalker cross, some Fire Headband from Old Topanga, and ol' Schwoop hooked it up on some Alien x Chemdog D. I also got to get two of my varieties tested by the Steep Hill guys for free! Killer shit. Simple THC test is normally $50 each!

All in all, it was what you made of it. It is definitely a show to go to if these things are of interest to you. Sure, it could definitely be better, but it was a pretty good start.

This is from one end of the show. You can see off in the distance the other end. There is another aisle like this one to the right.
IMG 0293

NorCal giving out some Volacno hits.
IMG 0294

One of the many dispensary booths.
IMG 0295

So Cal seeds.
IMG 0296

Steep Hills Free Testing Offer
IMG 0297

Master x Bubba
MxB1

MxB2

Super Skunk
SS1

SS2

Some goodies once I got back to the lab.
IMG 3006

A little piece that I picked up for $40. The Hitman bong is obviously older. And a lil dirty:thinking
IMG 3007

Well, that's it. Good times wherever you make them. Props to Norcal215 for the nice nugs and the budder. Thanks man. Sorry that I missed some of you guys there. See you next time.

-TF

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yep TH I got me a second place medal.

I was there for about 2 hours on saturday. Mingled with some cool cats. Not really a cup in any way. more like a small convention for stoners/business. Left to eat and came back around 9 to see some music, but there was no alcohol and I really wanted a beer. Also, not too many people for the after party part of things. Probably too high of a ticket price at 100 bucks for 2 days (can't imagine doing 2 full days there though).

The real cup is an experience (mainly because its in amsterdam, and you can sample all the varieties prior to the judging via the coffee shop crawls). This cup is in no way anything like the real one. Not even close. it should have been marketed differently to manage expectations better.

I saw it as mostly a way for companies to promote themselves. I didn't even know where/if you could see/sample all the buds that were being judged.

I went to the beginner grow seminar. It was horrible, but you cant teach people to grow in an hour anyway.

All in all it I am sure the event made a lot of money, and unfortunately that's whats its all about anyway IMHO...

The medical side should be totally separate from the recreational side, but they are just blended together which definitely creates problems for medical recognition.

Imagine if they had a prescription drug expo and the people who showed up were all pill poppers. LOL. that would be a scene for sure... one that would shed light on a real problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom