LA Med Cup - Anyone Going?

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

Did anyone get to sample the bud Nick Escandido handed out that was supposed to be for Whiz Kalafia?

I didn't know anything about this cup until Monday, and couldn't make arrangements to make it out. Would have loved to enter the Chem-T.

Will hopefully make it up to the SF cup! Still think Star Dawg can take one of these.

Any one see any good samples of JJ's gear floating around?

As for dabs / propane. I think there is a time a place, but I know anyone that has tried a dab for the first time has certainly called me a crack head until they get the relief. First impressions are everything, so if you can keep your shit then rock out. I've just watched them knock to me any eager souls to the ground.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
hell yes

Missed you Venom, Saw TricomeFan for a minute today, Met some judges and dropped white bombs on them, It was all about contacts/networking and spreading the word/herb, the glass is half full or half empty, Imvho I think it was a step closer to what we all want, I mean were else can you walk around in public with a torch and and Chalis and do Dab's!!!!! Only thing I know is we worked that place tell the hubcaps fell off! Made a ton of killer contacts from everywhere!!

My thoughts exactly i drove ten hrs on a whim to meet with peeps and put faces to screen names, smoked with the best and shared some excellent herb with those i conversated with.........

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Well, now that I am a little less medicated I am here to report about my time at the LA High Times medical cannabis cup.

You have a point there. Did you at least go in anyway? There was much more than just the park. I did enjoy the cup, and understand it for what it is. But you're right, a people's vote would be a great addition. The biggest problem is how to have all those people smoke that many samples in the time of the cup. Say if there is only best sativa, indica, and hybrid, and they have only six entries for each, that means you have to smoke 18 varieties and judge them in less than a 48hr period. Maybe there could be a simpler way that people could judge any category that they wanted to buy the sample pack for. Say 6 samples (entries) for $20 donation or something. There could be something to that. Any High Times guys listening?

All in how you look at it man. Talk to the right people, and it turns into gold.

Sup, Schwoop! Good to bump into you there at the event. Thanks for the beans. You do understand one of the best parts of the cup. Making those quality contacts. Getting the word out about Avalon and A1. I was doing similar for me and mine as well. Even if it wasn't the biggest event, it was a good one. Plenty of herbs and dabs everywhere. I saw no hassles by cops or security, period.

I did talk to some people about that from HT. They said that there will be one. :yes The date has not been set yet.

Was that your Kosher Kush there Cap? Big congrats for you if so! :pimp:

So was the cup good? I say yes. Now the previous cup in SF was definitely way better, but if you're around the LA area, I wouldn't miss this one either. Comparatively speaking here's the breakdown:

SF cup - Bigger, more freebies (buds, edibles, tinctures, schwag), even cooler crowd, more seed companies, more places to chill.

LA cup - better food (a few "gourmet" food trucks), less drive for me (met more local people who are like minded), steep hill free testing

There was plenty of everything being smoked everywhere there. Edibles galore. I saw tons of freebies from free vape and oil hits to stickers, papers, beeline, lighters, and hats. I saw raffles for bigger free giveaways from a few booths. New tech pen sized oil vape units at a few booths were cool. I would have loved to see one that would work for full melt bubble though. There were at least four or five seed co's there. There was So Cal seeds, NorCal genetics, Rare Dankness, and Cali Connection. I picked up a few beans from Rare Dankness that is some sort of Skywalker cross, some Fire Headband from Old Topanga, and ol' Schwoop hooked it up on some Alien x Chemdog D. I also got to get two of my varieties tested by the Steep Hill guys for free! Killer shit. Simple THC test is normally $50 each!

All in all, it was what you made of it. It is definitely a show to go to if these things are of interest to you. Sure, it could definitely be better, but it was a pretty good start.

This is from one end of the show. You can see off in the distance the other end. There is another aisle like this one to the right.
View attachment 195511

NorCal giving out some Volacno hits.
View attachment 195512

One of the many dispensary booths.
View attachment 195513

So Cal seeds.
View attachment 195514

Steep Hills Free Testing Offer
View attachment 195515

Master x Bubba
View attachment 195518
View attachment 195519

Super Skunk
View attachment 195520
View attachment 195521

Some goodies once I got back to the lab.
View attachment 195516

A little piece that I picked up for $40. The Hitman bong is obviously older. And a lil dirty:thinking
View attachment 195517

Well, that's it. Good times wherever you make them. Props to Norcal215 for the nice nugs and the budder. Thanks man. Sorry that I missed some of you guys there. See you next time.

-TF

Trichome man you nailed it it was what you made it down there and we made it what we needed it was nice to swap nugs meet you and schwoop and network with all the breeders and vendors, i made my precence known and had fun everyone was very nice and i will do it again, see you in frisco brotha!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Trich. This is my new screen saver.

Muhahahaha....

Trichome man you nailed it it was what you made it down there and we made it what we needed it was nice to swap nugs meet you and schwoop and network with all the breeders and vendors, i made my precence known and had fun everyone was very nice and i will do it again, see you in frisco brotha!

Thanks man. That haze cross was fun. It's just like in life, it's all in what you make of it, and there were plenty of really unique and positive reasons why some folks want to go and check the scene out. Of course it could use some improvements, it's about the best we got for now, and maybe if were lucky, there will be improvements to the program if we talk to the right people. Who knows. I had fun.

-TF

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Wish I could make it to some of these events but I just never have any time on my hands anymore.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

C'mon Mark! You are old and wise enough to know you can make time if it is an important thing to you. You would probably get a real kick out of the SF cup.

-TF

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
^^^^^This summer in SF. I'm not sure if they've nailed down dates...?

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Anyone see any dates for this?? Last year it was in June i think. Seems its too late for one to be in June at this point....? I like these events. Not for the actual 'Cup', but for the chance to meet other farmers. Anyone with any info....?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Only thing that I know is that a lady who I talked to from High Times said that they were definitely doing another one in SF this year. When? Who knows...

-TF

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Thanks TF, I guess thats good news.

og619

og619

High Times Medical Cup San Francisco is June 23 and 24 at the Craneway Pavilion in Richmond, Ca. If you cant wait...there is the 2nd annual Deep Green fest at the location on April 21st...anybody been to this and can comment on how it was? Also Denvers HT cup is also on April 21st w/Barington levy and Marlon Asher performing at the vip parties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom