Lack Of Smell!!!

• Thread starter Julius reese
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sulfer I was reading about that a couple threads. Like can I use my sulfer burner I use for pm or like a different product?
No, that's a different form that's not plant-available. The S that's in molasses and MgSO4 is plant-available.

R

rascali

All of the above will help in marginal situations, but there is more than a sulfur deficiency going on in that third photo you posted.

When i see those round-edged, dark green singlet leaves proliferating at bud tips i immediately think "hormonal disturbance". Typical benign reasons for such effects can be over use of certain growers special amendments like super thrive, fulvic acid, kelp and various bloom busters and hardeners.

However with your report of total tastelessness, you really have to suspect broad mites, especially if you have in any way consorted with the locals since your move (BM's are endemic in MI). Bad news for sure, read the threads and learn what to look for and what you can do in the future...

J

Julius reese

Not thinking broad mites plant is healthy with no bite marks on leaves.... My buddy who also uses cyco feeds every time I do the same could this be a problem... Also I have white poly plastic up on my walls my mom says that could be a cause for some reason...

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Are you saying he has the same problem with lack of smell?

Wisher619

Wisher619

so as reading your first post you state that you have used differ soils/Nutes....and you come up with the same problem.....You did not mention what type of light and what type of enviro control...your lamp may not be producing the correct spectrum or enough critical UV and if you are using like Ozone or some shit...that will destroy the smell...Now how is the taste of the product..does it have good taste and no smell or is it both?

Wisher619

Wisher619

I also see what seems to be suspect PM on your fan leaves on the third pic unless that is reflection from flash....Im not talking the frost but the gray that are covering a lot of your fan leaves

J

Julius reese

Def not pm dealt with that all summer got rid of it with a sulfer burner haven't seen hair nor his of it as for the taste same nothing like hay almost... 1000 watt mh.... Yellow spectrum I believe

J

Julius reese

Enviro control well I have a air conditoner/dehumidifier charcoal filter 10 inch fan box fan and rotating fan for circulation my room fluctuates between 74-79 and humidity between 10-35 percent...

J

Julius reese

No my buddy's stuff smells in veg when we trim you can smell from driveway...

Wisher619

Wisher619

It could be a # of factors...from the lamp you are using to the plant being infected with a pathogen.....but if your buddy is running the same setup with same plants and same nutes...i would have to suspect Pathogen or pest....the wattage of the lamp is not a factor but the spectrum of light that it produces....what brand and how long.....I was actually just listening to Hash Church and Archive was talking about taking cuttings and for some reason the plant has no smell and no reason.....he said it is a pathogen and you need to get better cuttings or if it is from your own mother then you need to actually take cuttings from the top with stronger hormones

J

Julius reese

These where seeds from sensi seed. Everything I do is from seed I can't get the hang of cloning...

Wisher619

Wisher619

Seeds also hold pathogen.....is your buddy running the same seed....??? Maybe you should try running some cuts from your buddy and see if it turns out the same...Maybe run everything exactly the same as him this next run and weed out what is wrong from there...run the same bulb and nutes and grow media.....if yours still turns out that way then they must be getting infected with something at your spot.....I have had a strain have ZERO smell...but once dried and cured smelled like a Pine Forest.....NL.....

J

Julius reese

So it just occurred to me that with my outdoor plants I used Epsom right in the watering maybe that's why they smelled so good so I waited till my lights went off and sprayed the shit out of my girls with 1/4 tsp Epsom will see why happens I'm always Leary to spray a lot I only used half a gallon on like six plants but they looked drenched... What's proper spray technique.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Honestly I have grown in Just strait FFOF with tap water and had great smelling plants .......Like I said...you really should do a run exactly like your buddy and see what happens....If you are still experiencing problems...I would look to environment and Pathogen

Also...outdoor plants have extreme UV...UV is what causes the plant to produce Trichomes/resin glands to protect it from the harsh light.....Turpines to ward off animals and insects....if your light and Carbon to Oxygen ratio is not good then the plant will grow to a DUD

Last edited:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

How often do you run your sulfur burner? I've never had to run one so I don't know if that could be affecting your plants . Does your buddy run sulfur also?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

1000 watt MH what brand of bulb. and how old? Starting to sound as if you are not getting enough of the right spectrum for flowering.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All of the above will help in marginal situations, but there is more than a sulfur deficiency going on in that third photo you posted.

When i see those round-edged, dark green singlet leaves proliferating at bud tips i immediately think "hormonal disturbance". Typical benign reasons for such effects can be over use of certain growers special amendments like super thrive, fulvic acid, kelp and various bloom busters and hardeners.

However with your report of total tastelessness, you really have to suspect broad mites, especially if you have in any way consorted with the locals since your move (BM's are endemic in MI). Bad news for sure, read the threads and learn what to look for and what you can do in the future...
Interesting! That's something I've never done and never experienced, if you don't mind I'm going to pocket this little tidbit to pull out for future use.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So it just occurred to me that with my outdoor plants I used Epsom right in the watering maybe that's why they smelled so good so I waited till my lights went off and sprayed the shit out of my girls with 1/4 tsp Epsom will see why happens I'm always Leary to spray a lot I only used half a gallon on like six plants but they looked drenched... What's proper spray technique.
Guess what you get with MgSO4. ;)

Proper technique is to have everything well mixed, most say also pH'd but I have to be honest, I don't pH my foliars unless the product specifically says to do so. Add a sticker-spreader and you're off to the races. When foliaring MgSO4 you want to get it onto the leaves upper and lower sides. If you don't use soap as the sticker-spreader then you can let that foliar spray saturate the media surface as well.

The other thing you've done by giving a foliar is increase the RH in the immediate vicinity of the leaves.

Top Bottom