Landrace Grow In Sealed Room/co2 With Led

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

Started with roughly 10 regular seeds of each but were all 3-5 years old and popped with varying success. I have selected the healthiest seedling from each region and put in them in a 45 gal Hydrofarm fabric pots with 15 gallons of my soil.

Nigeria by Reeferman

Guatemala by Ace

Transkei, South Africa by Seeds of Africa

Mexico by Cannabiogen

Also grown will be 2 clones from a Blackjack by Sweet seeds

Scrog with CO2 at 1250ppm until last few weeks when it will be lowered to 800ppm.

Bob Marley and the Wailers “Songs of Freedom” disc 4 on continuous/repeat.

Soil used is my own blend of coir/peat/EWC/rice hull +.

Soil test from the University to follow…….along with a bio test at flip and full test of soil again at harvest.

Lighting is one Blackdog Phytomax 800

Strive for 70% RH in veg with temps in the mid to upper 80’s

Fish hydrolysate + Fulvic/Humic + Kelp + molasses {media}

Fulvic/Humic + Kelp (foliar}

Strive for 50% RH in flower during dark with temps in the upper 70’s or lower 80’s

Fulvic/Humic + Kelp + molasses {media}

Foliar water

My hope is to not turn this thread into a foot measuring party comparing LED to HIDs. I care not for negative energy as I fight enough demons of my own daily. I try to remain unattached to ego, and want to make it abundantly clear that my reason for me being here is not a self serving one. I grow with LEDs to cut down my electric usage with the hope of being energy independent with this dwelling when the addition of photovoltaics happens in the future while still growing the medicine I need indoors in a controlled environment.

Anyhow, Hope you all enjoy the ride and bear with me during seedling/early veg phase. The seedlings will be sharing a room with some older ladies who are ripening up for several more weeks and will not be put into full veg cycle in this room for a minute.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Soil mix

17 gallons botanicare coir (1 hydrated block)
2.5 gallons EWC
5 gallons peat
5 gallons rice hulls
4 cups gypsum
4 cups rock phosphate
4 cups menefee humates
3 cups crab meal
3 cups kelp meal
2 cups sea-90
1 ½ cup soybean meal
1 ½ cup bone char
1 ½ cups dolomitic lime
2.5 lbs zeolites
2 cups food grade Diatomaceous Earth

All plants are hit with about one tsp each of Beneficial Biologics Root Bloom inoculate every few weeks with watering starting at day one.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The room is about 10' x 10' and controlled in a separate room 3.5' x 10' room with autopilot digital controllers and fuzzy logic CO2.
HEPA and Carbon filtering speed controllers inside, condensate drains outside room into 5 gallon bucket and reused for watering.
Air is dumped from carbon filter to underneath canopy.

IMG 20160804 004615

IMG 20160803 235206
IMG 20160803 235157
Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Word. Definitely interested in this grow. I use Apaches, but I'm super-curious to see how your Blackdog performs. I'm pretty happy with my Apache and they're not too much more expensive than the Blackdogs, so if Im gonna get more lights, I'll stick with the Apaches, but I'm still curious.

That's an unusual soil mix, btw, how'd you come up with that? Again, just curious. Not criticizing at all.

Homesteader

Homesteader

That's an unusual soil mix, btw, how'd you come up with that? Again, just curious. Not criticizing at all.

I created it through trial and error. Mix than seal for 3 days. When planting, I dig a hole and fill the seedlings home with straight coir to avoid early contact with the soybean meal.

This is the mix after 3 days of cooking and also the day I ended the cook.

I forgot to add that this mix contains 2 cups of pine shavings as well which is a new addition to this grow, just looking for more fungus.

IMG 20160803 215719
Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

The Nigerian is still waiting to break soil but I would assume today is the day
The South African has a nonuniform appearance with a two leaf set on the second node (They can't all be pretty)
The Guatemalan has a wider leaf set than the Mexican and seems to be quicker out of the gate but all in all nothing out of the ordinary.

Additional 15 gal of soil will be added probably around 30-45 days.

This will be the last of the purple lighted photos though. Ill snap any shots a few minutes before my lights turn on from here out.

IMG 20160803 225712
IMG 20160803 225846
IMG 20160803 225921
Homesteader

Homesteader

The estimated cost break down on price of this soil mix was around $25-$30 per pot (30 gallons), however I did not pay for shipping on any of my amendments so that would have to be adjusted. The Coir and EWC being the largest chunk of the price.

Homesteader

Homesteader

In the spirit of the Olympics starting, I have decided to added two more Landrace/IBL strains into the mix. The Nigerian still has not broke free and I may break the rules a little and allow a cutting from an outdoor Nigerian girl to enter the mix if the seedling succumbs.

So here are the new competitors.

The Real Seed Company- Nanda Devi- India
and
Tropical Seeds- Zambian Copper IBL (Little nervous about naners at the end of the cycle but we shall see)

So the seeds have hit the paper towels and they will get be a week behind, but they don't give out golds to slackers.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Most landrace are unhybridized but it is more about where the plant has grown and developed. Landrace is most often used to describe heritage pigs from particular regions of the world but has been adopted by the cannabis community. It essentially means a plant that has grown in a region for a particular length of time and developed characteristics from living in that environment. ie. Afghan Kush, Pakistan Chitral, Malawi gold, Durban poison (Durban, South Africa) and so on.

These landrace strains were/ are the building blocks for the early hybrids. The problem is that many times, you get shit nor do you get the hybrid vigor.

IBL mean In Bred Line I believe and means that is has only been crossed with itself.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

So the Indian seeds all sprouted but nothing from any of the Zambian coppers(Not disappointed at all considering the hermies), so out with the old and in with the new. Next up to the gate will be World of Seeds Santa Marta Colombian. I took cuts from the Nigerian lady yesterday as well. So it looks like this is the final tally for the indoor Landrace Grow is.......unless the Columbian fails.

Nigerian Nightmare
Columbian Gold
Nandi Devi, India
Sinaloa, Mexico
Transkei, South Africa

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

6 for 6 of the Real Seed Company Nanda Devi, India seeds have popped over the past few days and 5 for 5 of the World of Seeds, Santa Marta, Colombia (Colombian Gold) as well. The healthiest Indian was selected and one of the Colombians will carry the torch in the next few days as the rest will be culled after a few weeks once its evident the seedling has took. The Nigerian cuttings are in a cloner and one will be selected in a few weeks.

H

hawkman

6 for 6 of the Real Seed Company Nanda Devi, India seeds have popped over the past few days and 5 for 5 of the World of Seeds, Santa Marta, Colombia (Colombian Gold) as well. The healthiest Indian was selected and one of the Colombians will carry the torch in the next few days as the rest will be culled after a few weeks once its evident the seedling has took. The Nigerian cuttings are in a cloner and one will be selected in a few weeks.
Never heard of that Seed Bank ? must be OK ? have a few World of Seed - seeds "Northern Lights X Big Bud" and their "Colombian" strain - they do offer some good "lance " strains as like Ace seeds and Holy Smokes. Looked at the real seed company - very good strains - how do you order from them ? do they ship world wide ? How pay? like their "pure" strains- Keep informed about real seed "beans"

Last edited:
Top Bottom