Larry OG vs. Tahoe OG in Dual Monster Plant System

• Thread starter lordjin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lordjin

lordjin

Yummy:p

Your right about the differences in hydro and soil or organic soil, I did it all, now i`m really all the way organic.
In my hydro years i had some great runs too, and everthing does go faster, and is faster adjustable, also in hydro i had better and tastier weed with healthy leafed plants.
I`m not judging ur method, i just gave my opinion, i`m in fact impressed by your frosty budz and loving ur pics all the way.
Keep growing bro, peace:D

I think there are definite ups and downs with a hyper-hydro system, but I'm in LA. I've got the competition to think about. All the other guys supplying shops muscle it out with hydro as well. People go for speed, bulk, and potency around here.

Appreciate the counterpoints. A discussion always helps to get more information out of all of us.

lordjin

lordjin

You are absolutely right that certain properly timed stress events can actually result in a higher final yield! What I want/hope to make clear is that stressing your plant whenever you feel like it, or accidentally at a random time during the grow, is not how you increase your yield with a stress event!

Beneficial stresses (when done perfectly) include: low-Nitrogen stress at the beginning of flowering to initiate floral growth more rapidly (DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE GROWING FOR SEED), Drought stress at the start of flowering to initiate floral growth more rapidly, Cooler night time temps to decrease respiration and increase sugar content in the plant towards the end, nitrogen boosting at peak flowering without reaching the point of toxicity, and low-nutrient stressing the plants in the last week to encourage a pre-death final growth spurt.

It is easier to understand why some of these can actually be beneficial if you consider that a plants 1 and only main goal is to reproduce, and to do that, it wants to produce as much flower/fruit/seed as possible! For example, when the plant thinks it doesn't have enough water or nitrogen, it immediately tries to flower and reproduce before it thinks it is going to die, and if you water or fertilize at the perfect moment, when it is stressed, but not too much, you will start flowering much faster, saving a substantial amount of time in your grow period, without reducing yield, and sometimes increasing it!

The important thing I want to mention about plants grown in soil versus hydro is that either media you use, it is still the same plant, with the exact same physiology. . . which means that if stress is bad in one media, it is still bad in the other, almost guaranteed! Just because you can correct the problem faster in hydro, doesn't mean it wasn't a problem in the first place. The increased growth rate in hydro is caused by a more ideal growth environment for the roots (constant and complete water and nutrient availability), which means there is actually no increased growth rate if the roots are being stressed by any variable.

The plants defense mechanisms to stresses are almost always to shut down, or to slow down, what ever processes it can, until the stressor is fixed, and rarely (besides the times mentioned above) will its defense mechanisms be to actually increase growth rate.

You are correct when you say that stress is not nearly as damaging if you recover from it sooner rather than later, and having a perfect growing environment will always make that recovery faster and less stressful on the plant. I just get thrown off when your post reads like you are advocating for your not-100%-dialed feeding schedule (causes leaf burn), seemingly saying that it is actually better than a perfect feeding regime. . . ?
...Enough with my long-winded technical critiques of your clearly-successful method and beautiful grow! I will now go back to my usual staring and drooling!!

-Meeks
puffpass.gif

No, no. I'm unconventional but not a complete heretic. Of course you're right. Ideal development results in a plant living up to its genetic potential to the fullest. I don't advocate burning your plants on purpose. Every time I burned them, it was most def not my intention (lol). I just have a way of rationalizing it by cherry-picking whatever anecdotal info I can find. :D

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
No, no. I'm unconventional but not a complete heretic. Of course you're right. Ideal development results in a plant living up to its genetic potential to the fullest. I don't advocate burning your plants on purpose. Every time I burned them, it was most def not my intention (lol). I just have a way of rationalizing it by cherry-picking whatever anecdotal info I can find. :D

I had a feeling that was the case! I do the EXACT same thing when I 'mess-up', it often just becomes part of my 'new technique'!! Haha, I like your attitude Jin! Glad you made your way over to this forum for sure!

dirk d

dirk d

Looking good Jin, looks like 1 more round. Im assuming you're not going to be taking a month long sabbatical this time??

lordjin

lordjin

Almost there!

Yesiree, Bob (Marley).

Looking good Jin, looks like 1 more round. Im assuming you're not going to be taking a month long sabbatical this time??

You assume correctly, my friend. Two clones go in as soon as harvest dries. And a new journal for the Farm... I mean diary (sorry).

feel free to pm me the uncensored pics anytime jin ;)

Oh, ho! That's for my blog, dear reader! Tiffany and I (and all my older uncensored photos) will see you there!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Okay, so send me the link to your blog!

Good lookin' girls you got there, brother- and the plants aren't lookin' any too shabby, either...

For what it's worth, having just gone through a round where I consistently under-nuted and got very *impotent* results, I think I'd rather aim to burn slightly and back off. Watch that come back to bite me in the ass now, lol

flowamasta

flowamasta

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh iiiiiiiiii'mmm a haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapy maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, thats me singing hehe

come on jin!!! they just dont get better than that chop them already!!! u know some people got suspense issues ;)

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
This has been one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a while! I look forward to your dried bud shots..............................and the link to your much anticipated blog! LOL

Grow Safe

SDC

lordjin

lordjin

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh iiiiiiiiii'mmm a haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapy maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, thats me singing hehe

come on jin!!! they just dont get better than that chop them already!!! u know some people got suspense issues ;)

I'm as good as chopping!

lordjin

lordjin

This has been one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a while! I look forward to your dried bud shots..............................and the link to your much anticipated blog! LOL

Grow Safe

SDC

Thanks. Comments like that mean the world to me.

Okay, so send me the link to your blog!

Good lookin' girls you got there, brother- and the plants aren't lookin' any too shabby, either...

For what it's worth, having just gone through a round where I consistently under-nuted and got very *impotent* results, I think I'd rather aim to burn slightly and back off. Watch that come back to bite me in the ass now, lol

4bcbbe1992ed5
STEPHCHAIR
IMG 5063

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey thanks for posting up that video- I'm a spud boy from waaaaaay back...

Wonder what they'll do when I post lyrics to 'Whip It' lol

B

Burned Haze

<3 Amazing and at 45 days they really do look A+, one pic looks just like one of my pheno's of BF L.S.D.

Keep it up!

lordjin

lordjin

Flower - Day 53 Part II Translocation and Apoptosis

Not to be confused with nutrient incineration.
DSCN0005

The nute burn from peak weak is still evident... and it's still evident where I stopped it.
DSCN0007

Top Bottom