Leaf Damage / Stunted Growth

• Thread starter mandalaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Wow. Your thread takes me back to my early days. Similar issues with rock wool starter cubes (they stay too wet) and can be further compromised by the nutrients/pH. One of the reasons I switched to polished ornamental stones is they are inert, and only a little water/nute stays in between for baby roots to feed on

If you haven't go through my Hail Hydro thread. It's more like a "How To" tutorial

Baby plants do not need more than 100-200 ppm as they do not have either a sufficient root or leaf system to process more

hth

mandalaman

mandalaman

If that's the same plant that is in this post it is looking much better. Did you just do calmag and base nutes in a new rez?

It is the same plant from before. And I made a complete rookie mistake trying to complicate things without understanding them completely. I put in OSA (silica), Cal-mag, Cultured Solutions Veg A + B, and Cultured Solutions Roots (UC Roots which is basically pool shock). Then I top fed some tea.

I had smelled the UC Roots and noticed it smelled like bleach so I had hesitated wondering how it would affect the tea. But I added it anyway. I started researching and found that it kills off the tea (of course!). What a moron move!! I also found that eventually UCRoots kind of runs out so I kept top feeding tea daily assuming eventually I would get some healthy benefits. Eventually pH stabilized and the tea seemed to really help with the roots.

Just draining Rez, going to add OSA, CalMag, Veg A+B and then top feed with tea i have finishing up brewing right now.

Here are some pics.

Thanks again so much to everyone contributing to this thread. I really appreciate it!!!

IMG 2565
IMG 2560
IMG 2559

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

Awesome! Looks like she's back on track! Maybe just a small tad over fed but a huge improvement from before. Glad to hear everything worked out. Seems like that tea helped out as well. Was that tea you brewed earlier just a basic earth worms castings tea, or was it some of caps bennies?

mandalaman

mandalaman

Awesome! Looks like she's back on track! Maybe just a small tad over fed but a huge improvement from before. Glad to hear everything worked out. Seems like that tea helped out as well. Was that tea you brewed earlier just a basic earth worms castings tea, or was it some of caps bennies?

Thanks man, now I have to not get in her way :) thanks for your help!!

The brew was some ewc, some forest humus, rock phosphate, crab, alfalfa,bio ag,molasses,great white.

But I'll be getting some of caps bennies soon.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Still having pH issues. The tea seems to make the pH shoot way up no matter how much I stay on top of it :o

Also RH was super low (25%) I've added a humidifier which has brought it up to 50.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
The RH being at 50 will definitely help. Try to get it up to 60-65 and you will do much better. I feel like the pH issues and the low RH caused a lot of problems. Your plants just looked like they had serious lockout.

mandalaman

mandalaman

The RH being at 50 will definitely help. Try to get it up to 60-65 and you will do much better. I feel like the pH issues and the low RH caused a lot of problems. Your plants just looked like they had serious lockout.

pH has been holding steady since I added the humidifier. 5.9-6.0 for 48+ hours now. No adjustments. Plants starting to look better. Foliared twice with tea. Watch out for when I brew my first tea with Foliar/Roots 8)

Any issues with Foliar spraying with lights on? I've done it and try to make sure there aren't any pools of water on the leaves. Other than that they appear fine but maybe I'm wrong.

Also just popped some beans
2xBSC
1xSour BandxCandy Kush
4x Blood Rose (Skunk #1xBlack Rose)

mandalaman

mandalaman

They're slowly chugging back. I'm having trouble keeping RH up despite having the exhaust fan turned way down and a humidifier in the tent. It sits around 40. Any thoughts? I have a carbon can inside the tent hooked up to ducting which goes outside of tent and connects to fan exhausting (sucking air from inside tent out through the carbon filter).

IMG 2613
IMG 2607
IMG 2619
IMG 2618

mandalaman

mandalaman

Looking decent, pH bugged way out on the right bucket overnight a few nights ago so I drained and have been running a clean rez on that one waiting for @Capulator bennies (which arrived tonight. Roots are looking healthy and white)

I also have a more powerful air pump with an air filter attached and two large grow stones x 2 to replace the water pump W/venturi currently in both. So each bucket will be 2x large airstone plus circular air diffuser run off 1 pump. I'm hopeful that will help out.

Brewing Root + Foliar now per brew instructions on ogbiowar.com. pH after molasses was below 4. I've put approximately a metric fuckton o' pH up and it's only at 5.8. Is this normal?

Thanks

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looking decent, pH bugged way out on the right bucket overnight a few nights ago so I drained and have been running a clean rez on that one waiting for @Capulator bennies (which arrived tonight. Roots are looking healthy and white)

I also have a more powerful air pump with an air filter attached and two large grow stones x 2 to replace the water pump W/venturi currently in both. So each bucket will be 2x large airstone plus circular air diffuser run off 1 pump. I'm hopeful that will help out.

Brewing Root + Foliar now per brew instructions on ogbiowar.com. pH after molasses was below 4. I've put approximately a metric fuckton o' pH up and it's only at 5.8. Is this normal?

Thanks
Foliar spraying with lights on can burn your leaves, every droplet of liquid can act like a magnifying glass and show up as dead spots later.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Foliar spraying with lights on can burn your leaves, every droplet of liquid can act like a magnifying glass and show up as dead spots later.
Ok, so a mark won't necessarily appear right away, I did not realize that. The problem is I'm never around for lights off :opps:

mandalaman

mandalaman

@Seamaiden this is after an up potting. New growth looks fine. Transplant shock or pests of some sort? Thanks :)

IMG 2707
IMG 2708
IMG 2735

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Alright buddy I haven't run DWC before. Only done hempy's like seamaiden but here's my 2 cents as someone who has ran organics and synthetics. You don't have any pests. That's for sure.

1. Your PH is all over the place. I'm not familiar with any of these nutrients but the reason for that is most likely the addition of the following:

MammothP - microbial
Heavy 16 Prime - sweetener/pH regulator (carbs/silica/molasses/humic/fulvic/vit b/kelp etc)
Heavy 16 Fire - pk boost/kelp
Heavy 16 Finish - ancient forest(is this another humic acid product?)

I believe you are experiencing a bacterial bloom in your reservoir. Essentially you turned your reservoir into a type of compost tea. You added the microbes, and then you gave them the food required to reproduce thus raising the PH. This is bad for two reasons. First off the bacterial bloom causes nutrient availability to go all over the place. Secondly they consume tons of O2 essentially robbing that from your plants roots. Without O2 your plants suffocate and develop root rot.

I'd say clean out your system and ditch all the organic/microbe stuff. Stick with your calmag, and base nutrients.

2. A starting PH of 5.4 seems a little low. I'd probably try to hit anywhere from 5.6-5.9
Boom just starting reading this, but i know this is gonna be what the prob was! Good call justice!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

After reading this whole thread, i am of the conclusion that you keep climbing up the Mountain just to jump off again. I think if i was trying to get dwc or Rdwc figured out i would give up on teas... I would just use CC VEG A AND B, and UC Roots... I promise you that you will get all the growth you need. If you want to use teas cause you like teas,, get you 2 moms, keep them in coco, and feed them teas.. But in hydro dwc,, keep it simple and let them thrive..

mandalaman

mandalaman

After reading this whole thread, i am of the conclusion that you keep climbing up the Mountain just to jump off again. I think if i was trying to get dwc or Rdwc figured out i would give up on teas... I would just use CC VEG A AND B, and UC Roots... I promise you that you will get all the growth you need. If you want to use teas cause you like teas,, get you 2 moms, keep them in coco, and feed them teas.. But in hydro dwc,, keep it simple and let them thrive..

Good advice :) i do also have another tent where I run some coco and some Stonington Blend. I can just use the tea with them.

Top Bottom