Learning How To Think Different

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Looking good man
Thanks man! So far this auto grow has been really fun.

It would be a monster if it were in a 3 gallon pot. You are doing better than i did. She is a beaut!
Hahahaha right on! That's exactly what I was trying to prevent. My small nursery wouldn't be able to handle a 3gal auto..... That being said I can't wait to throw an auto in a big pot to see what happens. Maybe I'll try a few outside this season:D

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter

Hahahaha right on! That's exactly what I was trying to prevent. My small nursery wouldn't be able to handle a 3gal auto..... That being said I can't wait to throw an auto in a big pot to see what happens. Maybe I'll try a few outside this season:D

You can do what I did and flip your auto at any point by going 12/12.

My auto flipped right on time with the photos and is finishing right alongside them

I'm not sure if it has been done or talked about. But I did it on my purple haze and the proof is there.

Maybe you could further the research by verifying the same results are reproducible?

justiceman

justiceman

You can do what I did and flip your auto at any point by going 12/12.

My auto flipped right on time with the photos and is finishing right alongside them

I'm not sure if it has been done or talked about. But I did it on my purple haze and the proof is there.

Maybe you could further the research by verifying the same results are reproducible?
I did notice you did that. I thought that was very interesting because I was under the assumption they flower only based on age and root restriction from differences in container size but not from a change in light cycle typically. hmmmmmm things to consider here indeed. Some auto's I've seen lately have done interesting things. Much like @EventHorizan and his cray cray lol.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I did notice you did that. I thought that was very interesting because I was under the assumption they flower only based on age and root restriction from differences in container size but not from a change in light cycle typically. hmmmmmm things to consider here indeed. Some auto's I've seen lately have done interesting things. Much like @EventHorizan and his cray cray lol.

The way I see it is autos also have photo genes mixed in. So one could assume it could switch on it's photo genes when needed in a specific environment.

justiceman

justiceman

The way I see it is autos also have photo genes mixed in. So one could assume it could switch on it's photo genes when needed in a specific environment.
That's a great point to consider. Got me thinking now. You're a crafty one R! Now that I think about it I have heard of auto's that ended up not flowering under 18/6. Possibly due to a higher amount of photo genes mixed in? The world of autos hahahaha. Very cool.

incogneato

incogneato

Be honest....kray kray scared the living shit out of you hahahaha. I know it got autos out of my head :opps:

justiceman

justiceman

Well not everyone can care for the handicapped... I got shaq in a wheel chair! Let me see thinky!
hahaha!

Here she is brotha. I only posted her a page back but I copied the link location for you so you can check out her new sexy curve without another click. I LST'd her last night! Time to see what these t5's can do! I don't remember the last time I changed the lamps and it's been quite some time. I'm sure they are probably not running at max efficiency anymore.
img_9456-jpg.684744

justiceman

justiceman

Day 47

Little Think Different is putting out some nice trichs and smells like tropical fruit in a way. I'm starting to like these genes more and more. I hear they have a photoperiod variant :D. Well we'll see how things finish up first before I grab some more beans.

IMG 9614

IMG 9616

Main top that was LST'd
IMG 9622

IMG 9617

One of the flower sites that are getting much more light due to the LST. I feel with T5's training is mandatory if you want to truly utilize them as they don't have the penetration an HPS or COB has. They sure do awesome in tight spaces though. Love em.
IMG 9618

justiceman

justiceman

Day 49

To think it's only been 49 days(7 weeks) since I dropped her in a moist paper towel. Supposedly Think Different goes for about 10-11 weeks so we'll see. They grow up so fast:cry:. She's still sitting at 1.0EC(500ppm) ph 5.8

I love the tropical aromas coming from her. The flowers are starting to get larger. This is cool.
IMG 9678
IMG 9679
IMG 9687
IMG 9688
IMG 9689

justiceman

justiceman

She's coming along now! Really nice color on her, I'll have to look up the lineage real quick as I'm curious now. 60% sativa, nice! AK 47 crossed with n unknown strain...some mystery to the mix lol can't wait to see her finish
That high sativa percentage is one reason why I wanted to check her out! To be able to achieve good sativa influenced flowers in a fraction of the time because of the autoflowering genes sounded awesome to me. I really love the tropical fruit smell. I have 3 more If I'm not mistaken. When I run them I want to put them in a much larger container to really max out its potential. Auto's don't like restricted roots If I recall correctly and end up vegging for less time.

I would also like to visit the Think Fast version at some point. It is the photoperiod variant. It requires 12/12 but supposedly finishes flower in 8 weeks which would be amazingly fast for a sativa dominant hybrid.

incogneato

incogneato

That high sativa percentage is one reason why I wanted to check her out! To be able to achieve good sativa influenced flowers in a fraction of the time because of the autoflowering genes sounded awesome to me. I really love the tropical fruit smell. I have 3 more If I'm not mistaken. When I run them I want to put them in a much larger container to really max out its potential. Auto's don't like restricted roots If I recall correctly and end up vegging for less time.

I would also like to visit the Think Fast version at some point. It is the photoperiod variant. It requires 12/12 but supposedly finished flower in 8 weeks which would be amazingly fast for a sativa dominant hybrid.
My auto was small, i think i stunted it by poor techniques. I up potted it twice and didn't give it enough light at first. If I do another auto I know to start it in the final pot and my light situation is fixed now. The cannalope haze i have is supposed to be a fast sativa. She has an intoxicating fermented fruit smell. They say its an 8 weeker but it looks like it will be 10. Really wish she didn't herm on me, shes fattening up real nice and smells amazing.

justiceman

justiceman

My auto was small, i think i stunted it by poor techniques. I up potted it twice and didn't give it enough light at first. If I do another auto I know to start it in the final pot and my light situation is fixed now. The cannalope haze i have is supposed to be a fast sativa. She has an intoxicating fermented fruit smell. They say its an 8 weeker but it looks like it will be 10. Really wish she didn't herm on me, shes fattening up real nice and smells amazing.
That cannaloupe haze sounds amazing with those aromas! I've been wanting to run it, but then again what don't I want to run lol.

Ya you got it right man the transplants just kill autflowers size as the roots stress out. Final container from the start is definitely preferred. If I put small plants/seeds in containers much larger than they need at first I don't water till runoff. Just water a bit in a circle close to them once a day and slowly saturate the medium till they get a little bigger. That way I water more often to renew oxygen levels without wasting an unnecessarily huge amount of water at first that the little seedling/clone won't even use.

Top Bottom