Leaves continuing to turn yellow, getting worse

• Thread starter Sanji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sanji

Hey everyone, as I stated in previous posts my plants lower leaves begun turning yellow which has started to accelerate very fast, the pictures are from last night and this morning they were even worse.

I started seeing burnt tips on the plants after a larger feed than normal so I started flushing, it's been over a week since that feed now and all of the lower leaves are turning yellow quite fast, have I mistaken nutrient burn for a deficiency??

Around week 2 of flower at the moment and has been stretching.
Leaves continuing to turn yellow getting worse
Leaves continuing to turn yellow getting worse 2
Leaves continuing to turn yellow getting worse 3
Leaves continuing to turn yellow getting worse 4
Leaves continuing to turn yellow getting worse 5
Leaves continuing to turn yellow getting worse 6

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hey everyone, as I stated in previous posts my plants lower leaves begun turning yellow which has started to accelerate very fast, the pictures are from last night and this morning they were even worse.

I started seeing burnt tips on the plants after a larger feed than normal so I started flushing, it's been over a week since that feed now and all of the lower leaves are turning yellow quite fast, have I mistaken nutrient burn for a deficiency??

View attachment 1221440View attachment 1221441View attachment 1221442View attachment 1221443View attachment 1221444View attachment 1221445

View attachment 1221440View attachment 1221441View attachment 1221442View attachment 1221443View attachment 1221444View attachment 1221445
what are you feeding them and how much?
leaf tips are burnt yes also light in colour too..
quit picking off leaves until she’s healthy and raise your light 6-10 inches while the issue is going on.,
also maybe print this out and put up in your grow area for reference..
with soilless or soil feed what it needs 4-5 days before..
0A431433 D361 4150 87CF 56908E840CD3

S

Sanji

what are you feeding them and how much?
leaf tips are burnt yes also light in colour too..
quit picking off leaves until she’s healthy and raise your light 6-10 inches while the issue is going on.,
also maybe print this out and put up in your grow area for reference..
with soilless or soil feed what it needs 4-5 days before.. View attachment 1221458
Hey mate thanks for the reply,

I am quite aware of all of this, including the nutrient requirements, I am looking for answer on what the issue might actually be.

I am feeding with a 14% 1.4% 8% npk fertiliser which I recently upped to about 70% of the recommended dose and I'm using a liquid potash as a pk booster. As I mentioned above I recently upped the feed hence I why I began flushing as I assumed it was nute burn, but now have yellowing leaves after a whole week of flushing the soil. I will be doing a soil ph test tonight to rule out any ph issues.

Also lights were raised last night.

S

Sanji

Also I considered adding a calmag supplement but pictures I have seen online do not suggest that is my issue, also being that calcium is an immobile nutrient the yellowing of the lower foliage would suggest otherwise.

**also the reason I removed the yellowing leaves is because they had started to show signs of necrosis and the last thing I want in my grow environment is rotting leaves.

Last edited:
S

Sanji

Just tested my soil ph, seems to be about 6 maybe a touch lower so that kind of rules out ph issues, although I could only get about an inch deep without breaking through a bunch of roots, last time I tested run off it was around 6.6.
20220228 163051

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
with all that flushing you did will cause that, too much nitrogen can cause that, don’t think it’s a nitrogen deficiency as your other leaves seem dark ish green, though seems pretty bright in there..
it can only be a few things..
ph issue
lights
watering practices
pests
magnesium deficiency/lock out
ambient temp

S

Sanji

with all that flushing you did will cause that, too much nitrogen can cause that, don’t think it’s a nitrogen deficiency as your other leaves seem dark ish green, though seems pretty bright in there..
it can only be a few things..
ph issue
lights
watering practices
pests
magnesium deficiency/lock out
ambient temp
-Ph seems to be around 6
-Lights I'm not too sure what I can do
-For watering I wait untill the soil is relatively dry before watering
-Pests I definitely can't find any(unless i missed)
-magnesium crossed my mind, although pictures of magnesium deficiency do not seem to match here
-ambient temps are around 24c(75.2f) with lights off and 28c(82.4f) with lights

Would you recommend I give it a very small dose of nutes to see how it reacts? I am worried if it's burn(not sure how after flushing) that I might make it worse.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
-Ph seems to be around 6
-Lights I'm not too sure what I can do
-For watering I wait untill the soil is relatively dry before watering
-Pests I definitely can't find any(unless i missed)
-magnesium crossed my mind, although pictures of magnesium deficiency do not seem to match here
-ambient temps are around 24c(75.2f) with lights off and 28c(82.4f) with lights

Would you recommend I give it a very small dose of nutes to see how it reacts? I am worried if it's burn(not sure how after flushing) that I might make it worse.
yep you can feed, though wait till it’s near dry.. also your more like 4 weeks flowering..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yep you can feed, though wait till it’s near dry.. also your more like 4 weeks flowering..
i’m thinking the lights are creating an issue somehow, like a snowball effect..
what are they and how far? sorry if i’ve asked this already.
with 4 weeks into flower you don’t want to be doing much..

S

Sanji

Pre flower started just over 3 weeks ago if you include that,

And the light is a mars hydro ts1000 which is a 150W led, nothing too crazy, they are sitting at around 15 inches from the flowers now, I won't be able to go much higher soon as my tent is only 160cm high(5.3Ft)

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Pre flower started just over 3 weeks ago if you include that,

And the light is a mars hydro ts1000 which is a 150W led, nothing too crazy, they are sitting at around 15 inches from the flowers now, I won't be able to go much higher soon as my tent is only 160cm high(5.3Ft)
ok don’t know led’s very well but that seems way too close and you said you raised it a few days ago?
mmm hopefully someone else chimes in who knows about those lights,.. but i bet your issue is caused by it somewhat..
time for bed..

S

Sanji

ok don’t know led’s very well but that seems way too close and you said you raised it a few days ago?
mmm hopefully someone else chimes in who knows about those lights,.. but i bet your issue is caused by it somewhat..
time for bed..
I think for a relatively low power led 15 inches would be considered good but I agree hopefully someone else might have some insight, thanks for your time

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I think for a relatively low power led 15 inches would be considered good but I agree hopefully someone else might have some insight, thanks for your time
15 inches from canopy is fine for most LEDs although I doubt your getting the right ppfd with only 150w.
Imo your feeding too much for that light coverage. It looks like a combination of mobile deficiencies prob due to lockout. You raised your lights and up'd the nutrients feed which means your plants get less light and thus metabolism is slowed down which is not the proper time to increase fertilization.
If it was me I would:
Check ppfd
Check media ppm
Check sap ph
And then figure out what's going on.

S

Sanji

15 inches from canopy is fine for most LEDs although I doubt your getting the right ppfd with only 150w.
Imo your feeding too much for that light coverage. It looks like a combination of mobile deficiencies prob due to lockout. You raised your lights and up'd the nutrients feed which means your plants get less light and thus metabolism is slowed down which is not the proper time to increase fertilization.
If it was me I would:
Check ppfd
Check media ppm
Check sap ph
And then figure out what's going on.
I moved the light up way after these symptoms appear, here is the light in question. Sorry for the upside down pic.
20220226 101039

And as I stated in a previous reply the ph if the media(soil) is around 6, run-off was 6.6 last time I checked, how would go about checking the pH of the sap?

green bastard

green bastard

Looks to be a simple cal mag. And a touch of nitrogen issue some plants can take 2 to 3 times Calmag to what it says on the bottle like Chemdog D or ecsd for example

S

Sanji

Looks to be a simple cal mag. And a touch of nitrogen issue some plants can take 2 to 3 times Calmag to what it says on the bottle like Chemdog D or ecsd for example
I thought about adding calmag but due to the lower leaves being affected that would signify a mobile nutrient deficiency would it not? So that would leave magnesium although no pictures of magnesium deficiency match what i am having here. I suppose I could give it a small dose and see see happens just to be sure.

green bastard

green bastard

I thought about adding calmag but due to the lower leaves being affected that would signify a mobile nutrient deficiency would it not? So that would leave magnesium although no pictures of magnesium deficiency match what i am having here. I suppose I could give it a small dose and see see happens just to be sure.
Might Just need a heavier feed though all the sayin

Top Bottom