Leaves continuing to turn yellow, getting worse

• Thread starter Sanji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

From this height I assume your getting about 350-400 ppfd under the light, Imo it's low.

Your feeding with 14% nitrogen fertilizer which is high and the label doesn't say what % of amonical vs nitric nitrogen that can also contribute to pH flactuations in the media.

When I have an issue that I don't understand my approach is via an elimination process.

You need to check if you have salt build up in your soil, you can do slurry/pour through/runoff tests to determine that. Check acidity and ppm/ec.

Untill you have proper data that can give you an indication on whats going on your just fishing.

Sap pH test can tell you if your overloading or starving your plants with particular elements, some will cause pH to go down and the others will bring it up. You can do this with specialized gear or you can extract the sap from enough petioles with a garlic press so you can measure the sap with a standard pH pen.

Adding all the data together with everything you already know about your grow, should give you a good idea on what's going on.

Good luck

S

Sanji

From this height I assume your getting about 350-400 ppfd under the light, Imo it's low.

Your feeding with 14% nitrogen fertilizer which is high and the label doesn't say what % of amonical vs nitric nitrogen that can also contribute to pH flactuations in the media.

When I have an issue that I don't understand my approach is via an elimination process.

You need to check if you have salt build up in your soil, you can do slurry/pour through/runoff tests to determine that. Check acidity and ppm/ec.

Untill you have proper data that can give you an indication on whats going on your just fishing.

Sap pH test can tell you if your overloading or starving your plants with particular elements, some will cause pH to go down and the others will bring it up. You can do this with specialized gear or you can extract the sap from enough petioles with a garlic press so you can measure the sap with a standard pH pen.

Adding all the data together with everything you already know about your grow, should give you a good idea on what's going on.

Good luck
Hey thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't have all of the equipment required to perform all of those tests yet, I agree the nitrogen level in that fertiliser is a bit high for flowering, I have lowered the dose and upped the pk with potash to hopefully counteract that, I do plan to get a flowering dedicated fertiliser for my next grow, but powerfeed red has been used by many growers here with great success, usually they switch to purple in flower as the nitrogen is only at 9.5% in that bottle, I may switch to that and see what happens. The stuff is very cheap at $18aud per bottle($13usd) which is why I chose it.

Top Bottom