Leaves continuing to turn yellow, getting worse

• Thread starter Sanji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
green bastard

green bastard

Normally burnt tips are a sign of to much yes but you just have the slightest bit of burn on the tip of the one blade if that progressed to tue entire leaf ....and calmag shouldnt burn your plant and make anything worse

S

Sanji

Can you explain your reasoning behind why?

If it were a toxicity why has it not been resolved since flushing and only become worse?

My soil ph is 6 with a run-off of 6.6 so that seems fine to me, as far as my research goes my led should be more than enough to handle this tent with 2 plants.

Closest picture on the symptoms chart is the K deficiency, I can't think of what else it could be

S

Sanji

Normally burnt tips are a sign of to much yes but you just have the slightest bit of burn on the tip of the one blade if that progressed to tue entire leaf ....and calmag shouldnt burn your plant and make anything worse
It is definitely burnt on more than one blade, some have burns along the edges too.
20220227 205841
20220227 205848
20220227 205844

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like an iron issue and maybe a phosphorus issue starting..
your plant obviously has an uptake issue, have you noticed more time between waterings?
which to me i doubt you can fix as your into the middle of flowering..
maybe someone will come up with something that knows..
is the floor cold?

S

Sanji

looks like an iron issue and maybe a phosphorus issue starting..
your plant obviously has an uptake issue, have you noticed more time between waterings?
which to me i doubt you can fix as your into the middle of flowering..
maybe someone will come up with something that knows..
is the floor cold?
I would say I am actually watering a little more frequently, but that may be due to the dehumidifier now running 24/7

The floor is not overly cold no, it is the end of summer here and outside temps don't go below 22 (72f) at night, the ground feels like room temp.

Phosphorus is possible as the nutes I am using are only 1.6% P, the booster adds 2% P and 14% K.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I would say I am actually watering a little more frequently, but that may be due to the dehumidifier now running 24/7

The floor is not overly cold no, it is the end of summer here and outside temps don't go below 22 (72f) at night, the ground feels like room temp.

Phosphorus is possible as the nutes I am using are only 1.6% P, the booster adds 2% P and 14% K.
what kind? pic?

Silk689

Silk689

Hey bro,

1st thing i would do, is TEST the runoff water nutrient strength. What does the EC show u from your truncheon? Then you can explore wether or not its a salt build up 👍🏽. Also you really need to invest into a dehumidifier. You need to push that RH down asap. What is the temp of the leaf? I know your trying to match the VPD. Trying 2 explore every possibility 4 ya 😁👌🏽

Last edited:
S

Sanji

Hey bro,

1st thing i would do, is TEST the runoff water nutrient strength. What does the EC show u from your truncheon? Then you can explore wether or not its a salt build up 👍🏽. Also you really need to invest into a dehumidifier. You need to push that RH down asap. What is the temp of the leaf? I know your trying to match the VPD. Trying 2 explore every possibility 4 ya 😁👌🏽
I have a dehumidifier as stated early, a rather good quality one at that, the RH where I live Is above 90% at the moment due to being in summer with heavy rainfall, getting the humidity below 60% is not the easiest, my plan is to get a smaller one to go inside the actual tent in the future.

Leaf temps I'm not 100% sure about yet as I have not got a temp laser but plan to get one this week, aswell as testing EC since I don't have an ec or ppm tester atm.

Really appreciate the input and I hope I am not coming across as arrogant.

Silk689

Silk689

I have a dehumidifier as stated early, a rather good quality one at that, the RH where I live Is above 90% at the moment due to being in summer with heavy rainfall, getting the humidity below 60% is not the easiest, my plan is to get a smaller one to go inside the actual tent in the future.

Leaf temps I'm not 100% sure about yet as I have not got a temp laser but plan to get one this week, aswell as testing EC since I don't have an ec or ppm tester atm.

Really appreciate the input and I hope I am not coming across as arrogant.
For a min i thought what an arrogant fuk 😂😂.. but since u addressed it ur now cool in my books 👊🏽👊🏽..

Yea bro i think when u get that truncheon it will do wonders 4 u in so many different ways. 👌🏽👌🏽

As for the infrared thermometer, thats also gonna be your best friend. Ive seen sooooooooo many peeps follow VPD charts through their room stats but their leaf temps is a completely different reading. 🙈🙈

if you have not looked into it already check out the bluelab combo meter. More expensive for sure, but its a beast of a machine!!

Have you also looked into the DLI? I use an apogee 500 but theres also a really cool FREE app called “PHOTONE” if ur using an iphone. Its great for measuring that photosynthetic active radiation levels 😁👍🏽.

S

Sanji

For a min i thought what an arrogant fuk 😂😂.. but since u addressed it ur now cool in my books 👊🏽👊🏽..

Yea bro i think when u get that truncheon it will do wonders 4 u in so many different ways. 👌🏽👌🏽

As for the infrared thermometer, thats also gonna be your best friend. Ive seen sooooooooo many peeps follow VPD charts through their room stats but their leaf temps is a completely different reading. 🙈🙈

if you have not looked into it already check out the bluelab combo meter. More expensive for sure, but its a beast of a machine!!

Have you also looked into the DLI? I use an apogee 500 but theres also a really cool FREE app called “PHOTONE” if ur using an iphone. Its great for measuring that photosynthetic active radiation levels 😁👍🏽.ahaha

Have you also looked into the DLI? I use an apogee 500 but theres also a really cool FREE app called “PHOTONE” if ur using an iphone. Its great for measuring that photosynthetic active radiation levels 😁👍🏽.
Hahaha yeah I just don't want to seem like a know it all when I question everything people say, I just feel like questioning the reasoning behind people's comments is a good way to learn.

Yeah I was looking at the blue lab stuff, it's what mostly shows up when I search into ppm meters and such.

As for dli I haven't looked much into it to understand what it is but I definitely will do some research on it, thanks for the pointers ✌

growsince79

growsince79

Hey everyone, as I stated in previous posts my plants lower leaves begun turning yellow which has started to accelerate very fast, the pictures are from last night and this morning they were even worse.

I started seeing burnt tips on the plants after a larger feed than normal so I started flushing, it's been over a week since that feed now and all of the lower leaves are turning yellow quite fast, have I mistaken nutrient burn for a deficiency??

Around week 2 of flower at the moment and has been stretching.
View attachment 1221440View attachment 1221441View attachment 1221442View attachment 1221443View attachment 1221444View attachment 1221445
Burnt tips doesn't mean flush and stop feeding.

S

Sanji

Burnt tips doesn't mean flush and stop feeding.
I will be feeding again this week just a lower dose, I was due to skip a feed anyway since I do feed water feed but I thought it would be wise to delay this feed so I could do another flush but once it dries I will be feeding a half dose

Silk689

Silk689

Hahaha yeah I just don't want to seem like a know it all when I question everything people say, I just feel like questioning the reasoning behind people's comments is a good way to learn.

Yeah I was looking at the blue lab stuff, it's what mostly shows up when I search into ppm meters and such.

As for dli I haven't looked much into it to understand what it is but I definitely will do some research on it, thanks for the pointers ✌
Hey anytime man 👍🏽.. and its good to question people’s reasoning when they suggest something coz it shows u want to understand the science yourself and not just race out to do what someone suggests :-)). Its a good thing..

Latest posts

Top Bottom