Leaves curling with a yellowish and glossy looking tint

• Thread starter Harley.Freeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Harley.Freeman

Okay I can definitely do that in 3 intervals of 1000ml every 15 minutes, the last feeding was the 13th, 3 days ago and it was with a dry amendment the Bud Bread from Cold War Organics mixed into the water. Without saying I shouldn't be adding any nutes this time around for sure. Is adding Cal Mag into your water as a buffer on a regular basis bad? Should I just be sticking to straight dechlorinated tap with proper ph? I haven't been but didn't know if it would be a bad idea or helpful in any way.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Okay I can definitely do that in 3 intervals of 1000ml every 15 minutes, the last feeding was the 13th, 3 days ago and it was with a dry amendment the Bud Bread from Cold War Organics mixed into the water. Without saying I shouldn't be adding any nutes this time around for sure. Is adding Cal Mag into your water as a buffer on a regular basis bad? Should I just be sticking to straight dechlorinated tap with proper ph? I haven't been but didn't know if it would be a bad idea or helpful in any way.
alright before i mix up replies in threads haha
your in ffof?
and have only gave it that bud stuff once?

H

Harley.Freeman

alright before i mix up replies in threads haha
your in ffof?
and have only gave it that bud stuff once?
I am in a mix of ffof and happy frog half and half. And I have given them the bud bread once which was the last time and the first time was the fox farm grow big on the first feeding. I also have gaia green 4-4-4 coming today. Which I have heard good things about. It's basically like an all purpose. Plus ph down

20240416 121137
H

Harley.Freeman

You too eh?
F’n ocean forest…..
Haha I had heard it was good due to it being amended. But after further research have found out like anything it has it pros and cons and has mixed reviews. I suppose it's a matter of if it works for your grow or not! Haha

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Haha I had heard it was good due to it being amended. But after further research have found out like anything it has it pros and cons and has mixed reviews. I suppose it's a matter of if it works for your grow or not! Haha
This is just a couple thing I go by, if you need to cut your dirt with anything because it’s known to be “hot” why would you make something that needs to be changed immediately? Bc, no one likes an up seller and if you can’t sprout a seed in it with out it getting nuked and sick right off the bat…..makes perfect sense? once upon a time it was great stuff, but over time I won’t touch the stuff. I will use just happy frog if I have too, but that alone, is plenty fine at all stages of growth.

Of coarse this does not apply to soil builders who make their own Amended medium for organically growing, that’s a science, and you most certainly won’t find chunks of card board and half inch thick chunks of Masonite…..👊🏻🤡

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I am in a mix of ffof and happy frog half and half. And I have given them the bud bread once which was the last time and the first time was the fox farm grow big on the first feeding. I also have gaia green 4-4-4 coming today. Which I have heard good things about. It's basically like an all purpose. Plus ph down
ok for the next few waterings your only going to give it 3-4 ml of grow big per gallon,..

H

Harley.Freeman

This is just a couple thing I go by, if you need to cut your dirt with anything because it’s known to be “hot” why would you make something that needs to be changed immediately? Bc, no one likes an up seller and if you can’t sprout a seed in it with out it getting nuked and sick right off the bat…..makes perfect sense? once upon a time it was great stuff, but over time I won’t touch the stuff. I will use just happy frog if I have too, but that alone, is plenty fine at all stages of growth.

Of coarse this does not apply to soil builders who make their own Amended medium for organically growing, that’s a science, and you most certainly won’t find chunks of card board and half inch thick chunks of Masonite…..👊🏻🤡
I'm thinking my next grow. After the two I have going right now I might try to make my own soil. Lots of worm castings i'm thinking right off the bat, also finding a neutral or all purpose dry amendment to mix in the soil as well. I have a bit more research and trial and error though before I will get a good recipe down though I'm sure of it! Lol

H

Harley.Freeman

ok for the next few waterings your only going to give it 3-4 ml of grow big per gallon,..
You are awsome! thank you! haha. I know i have kept this thread going for a while it feels and you have answered so many of my questions. I am going to take that advice and I feel like it will do some good!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And another two cents! Make sure you are inspecting the bottoms of the leaves with magnification! Thrips will leave a silvery sheen on the top of the leaves! Probably not what it is, but you never know

wobbleysausage

wobbleysausage

Imo there's nothing wrong with ffof but you should make a custom mix of it. Seems like there's a quality controll issue on their soil but you also have to know where your getting it from. The only local place for me had it all outside exposed to the elements. That didn't make me want to purchase it. But also some seedlings will burn in it some won't whether thats the qc thing or plant genetics is redundant just be aware.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Imo there's nothing wrong with ffof but you should make a custom mix of it. Seems like there's a quality controll issue on their soil but you also have to know where your getting it from. The only local place for me had it all outside exposed to the elements. That didn't make me want to purchase it. But also some seedlings will burn in it some won't whether thats the qc thing or plant genetics is redundant just be aware.
I agree 100% it’s an odds thing, sure I bet a fresh load of the stuff is as good as I remember once, but man, in my case, I got the bag that had what the skid loader was scraping off the floor with the dirt to get that last bucket in the bagging hopper. That sack with toooooooo much myco where it’s essentially a giant colony with a little dirt, that was a weird one, and yes, the dreaded outdoor storage where anything and everything heads for a fresh pallet and gets rained on. My feed store is really great about dirt storage. It ts a pet peeve of mine. It’s a really important thing. 👊🏻🤡

Top Bottom