Leaves curling with a yellowish and glossy looking tint

• Thread starter Harley.Freeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Harley.Freeman

i see evidence of some heat stress, but very mild, the rasied up serrations on the edges of the leaves imply its getting a bit warm and over transpiring. I see no evidence here or implications of bugs

The curled leaves and shiny-ness, MAYBE some slight overwatering issues, MAYBE a slightly too acidic PH. But too much moisture is the overwhelmingly more common issue between the two.

I don't think your leaves are too shiny. Some plants just have waxier shinier leaves:
View attachment 2160322

Good luck finding any evidence of any issues on this extremely shiny plant. She straight up grew a peelable waxy glaucous skin, and was actually impossibly drought and insect resistant because of it. Unfortunately this plant was reproductively sterile or id still have the genetics..

Shiny leaves are only a problem, at least in my near 2 decades of experience, if youve been using too much foliar feed, or have some evidence of N toxicity along side the glossy surface, and even then the glossy surface only matters if it's no something that genetic usually does.

Right now there's nothing for you to do, Keep an eye on her for a day or two, make sure shes dried out pretty good before watering/feeding again, pay close attention for what seem like the beginnings of problems to worsen. (obviously not to the point of wilting before watering)
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate every bit of knowledge I can soak up from anyone here willing to give it!

H

Harley.Freeman

I don’t think the plants have ever been properly introduced! Do you know what strains they are? And unless you paid a pretty penny for that 750 W light, it’s probably closer to 100 true watts! Still enough to grow but something to keep in mind! There’s plenty of stuff out there to research building your own light!
The two older ones are Skywalker Ghost Kush. The Littles I just transplanted are 3 Blue Gelato and 3 Kush Mintz

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

btw, dont think for a second im an advocate against higher quality gear. There's no reason not to get the best equipment you can reasonably afford on your budget, whatever the budget is.

If you are a frugal cheapskate like me, you can still get together 5x5 DWC hydro setup pulling pounds+ per cycle together for $200-400 including lights, pumps, buckets, nutes and fans, depending on what's available at the time.

Will a better quality setup perform better? yes, will it be more reliable? yes.

I only post this because i dont want anyone to think im an advocate against better quality gear. I definitely am not lol.

Single socket consumer CFL's (can get em at home depot up to like 3500lumens output each i believe), in my real early on experience, do out perform the little single socket LED "grow" lights though in terms of yield and quality both, but this was also like 15 years ago. T5 is a great option if you are doing small grows with quality in mind over quantity too. The little full spectrums LED panels will out produce the 96w t5 panels by a good bit and are actually cheper now a days... But the t5's will reliably produce higher resin content flower. Even on same-same clones. Especially if there is a 6500k tube or two in the mix. More training of plants will be required by default as well with t5.

Im still not 100% sure why t5 produces such a high resin content in flower. Probably something to do with how much of a 6500k t5 tubes emissions approach the actinic and UV bands. To this day, the most potent flower i've ever grown was actually under t5 panels that were half 6500k color temp just because i needed something to flower my last two Biggs clones under and didnt want to leave them in veg. Even concentrate snobs thoroughly enjoyed the t5 biggs flower lol. It was ridiculous.

If there was an easy, inexpensive, and efficient way to design a high yield t5 cannabis grow, it's all i would use honestly. I've seen them, but cost for implementing and maintaining, as well as lack of ease in working in the environment required for the setup, are both HUGE cons.

Sorry, im a sativa guy, i ramble a lot.

Last edited:
H

Harley.Freeman

you ok? or need help?
I have another question lol is it normal for the top soil to dry out relatively fast? I'm trying to monitor the weight of the pots and keep a close eye for any droopiness or discoloration on the leaves as a sign they need water.. they still just seem pretty dry on top and bottom.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have another question lol is it normal for the top soil to dry out relatively fast? I'm trying to monitor the weight of the pots and keep a close eye for any droopiness or discoloration on the leaves as a sign they need water.. they still just seem pretty dry on top and bottom.
little ones just pick up all the pots some may feel lighter than others? those may need a watering,. when was the little ones last watering?

H

Harley.Freeman

little ones just pick up all the pots some may feel lighter than others? those may need a watering,. when was the little ones last watering?
So Sunday when I transplanted them they got a bit of a watering but in thinking maybe today or tommorow would be an appropriate time to water them again?

Top Bottom