Leaves rolling up of edges with strange bumpy surface

• Thread starter Seaweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smashed1

hi seaweed u could try submerging the hole plant under water for 10/ 20 mins an if that dosent drown them they might float to the top, and keep doing it every day just a thout, hope they dont end up in aus

S

Seaweed

My goodness, Seamaiden! What a nice variety of goodies you have there! :happy Please let me know what "NPS" is. (re your post of 9/30) Also, tell your boy the bugs are GONE - nary a one. I hope the thread helps him. I think DILIGENCE was a necessary ingredient.

S

Seaweed

Smashed and Jalisco - thanks for the extra ideas - will keep them on file for the next disaster...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
NPS = No Pest Strips, Seaweed. I'm very glad to hear you've got them eradicated. :)

H

hemployed

wettable sulfur is what wiped them out in my area. Russet mites are the devil.

click80

click80

First off to someone back there in the thread-No Pest Strips are not the ones you are thinking i believe. These give off a chemical that kills a lot of different pests. Does not depend on them flying. The chem is very vile though. I think it its banned in Cali. Some people swear by them.

I have had umpteen battles with the red mite along with the regular mites.

I swear by using several different methods on a constant basis which starts with weeklu preventative spraying with a good sprayer with a good nozzle and pressure. Total eradication is possible i have heard but here in my part of Colorado it is not. I have found after a long fight with the borg that an inhospitable climate, weekly treatments of some sort, SM90 FOR SURE, and vigilance. That is what has worked for me. I switch up my weekly treatments between, Neem, PureSpray Green (a very good Horti Oil) Azamaz once a month and Tanglefoot around pots, on the base of the plant and on the stems, 70% humidity in veg room, they hate air so putting a Fan on them occasionally with a bamboo stake right beside the plant ( i know sounds nuts but it works especially with an actual infestation), and misting mommys daily. I have not had any trouble in months now. I used to have infestations regularly. That was because i thought i could totally get rid of them. I know now that where i live they are just everywhere. In the air, on your feet, your clothes, blowing in through windows etc...they are mites, that simple and they are going to get on your plants, at least here anyway. So FWIW there ya go.

Oh and I dont believe the NPS will stop an active infestation anyway, never did for me anyway, NPS to me are more of another preventative measure. Plus you dont want to be breathing that shit.

X

XRagnorX

are they psocids? they eat mold, fungis and decaying matter. kinda beneficial.....

mikezyg

mikezyg

you got some spider mites going on their! Gaurantee you got something going on with your roots too! New leaves are light in color and curling cause they arnt getting nutes! U prob got nute lock!

Top Bottom