LED light vs HPS light yield / watt

• Thread starter GrowUp777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
There is no problem that wasnt designed for us. Blackrock and Vanguard to it in plain sight, and we as Consumers fund their every endeavor. We actually love their brands, and find ourselves in one of their cults somehow. There is no one who says, I need nothing they have, and thats what we need more of. Our greed for things we dont need, pushes their desire for more. We give them power, then they cause choas so they can fix it. We are the problem, they are the answer.
If a nuke is launched, its because its profitable and theres nothing we will ever be able to do to stop them from making money, as long as we work for them, and buy their shit.
Look into who owns coke and pepsi, its the same people who own ford and gm, the same people who own bp and exon. They profit as long as you spend money, it doesnt even matter who you buy from.
Anyways. . .. long story short, back to the led bullshit and their fucking forced innovation. They can suck my left nut. It would have been nice if they would have spent these billions upgrading our electrical grids, making my hids cheaper, but no. . fucking need new factorys. . . .like that makes sense for efficiency.
Anyways just left walmart with a damn halogen 100w pack of 4 bulbs. They dont even sell any hids brighter at my store, all leds. The woman is painting and needed a bright light. . .50 bucks for a 1000 luman led spotlight. .fuck that, the one i ordered only uses 500 watts, and was 8 bucks. . . She said she needed light, not a cheap electric bill. Oh yea, I pass this on to the weed growing.. . cough overpriced garbage. Cut the prices in 1/3rd and id love to buy all the leds ya have. Yet at this rate, the price stays the same, they just become more adjustable lol. . .dumb . . rant over
I agree with your argument. The technology is way inflated and meant to enrichment of very few... Even though much of this technology is publicly funded and research...

Our system is failing us but I think there's a middle road that needs navigate. Buying halogens might be a cheap fix for occasional 🕯️🕯️🕯️ but not an economic solution for a light that burns frequently...

Halogen last 2000 hours and burn 10x energy... Making grid worse and adding to the problem itself. Efficiently is key 🗝️ to grid improvement and stability...

Grid Infrastructure is very expensive

The LED will run for over 100,000 hours. Or 50 set's of halogen equivalent

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Think about just how much Infrastructure can get equipment and not need maintenance or further follow up also. More savings $x50. Or down time.. no individual maintenance either... Looking for bad bulbs one at a time.. But in your case a drive to the store again... And a step ladder..

So it's moving in the right direction... Just the inequality of the process is where I draw a line

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lol understatement of the year. Good to see so many are on the same page here.
Hey, @ Dirtbag I had some of the Hash & a liquid syrup for my wife a 1000mg bottle delivered today the syrup, says 10 doses at 10ml/dose...= 100 mg/..=.2 tsp. My wife gets zonked on 45mg ( 1/1/2 gummies ) This is strong stuff. I also added to the order 1 G. BC medi weed...1 G Juicy Fruit & 1 Chocolate Cake......They're all meh...maybe I'm not into hash but they each have this taste like I'm Hot Knifing oil. Kind of a burnt & harsh It has the hash taste but its like chicken Mc Nuggets compared to a real chicken...similar....but no real meat...lol

100 8145
D

Diverge

On my first grow with Kindled x420, in a 2x4 tent, I got about ~860g from my harvest... Which is pretty insane considering they were from autos as well. I think I dried them too fast though, scared the fat buds would get mold. Only 10 days into cure, so hoping the great smell they once had comes back.

I never maxed out the light because I was to lazy to remove exhaust fan and filter so I could raise the lights higher.

Can't wait to get my Raging Kush 2 setup going and getting back to growing, hopefully learning from some of my mistakes.

H

hydrodreams

Yeah but you are far from the average bear my friend… most take at least a grow or 2 and some even give up and say fuck LED like its the next big religion lol… im glad i started under LED. I did a 1000w HPS at a buddies and yeah that learning curve goes both ways lol
Why? Is it still a secret what the tweaks are that a lot of growers have to sacrifice a grow or two?
LED makes you really look at all the other variables more closely, i found anyway. Its like driving a stick shift sports car when you're used to a Ford Taurus compared to HID. It can go wrong a lot easier, but can also outperform in the hands of an experienced driver.
I like metaphors lol.
I never grew led so far.....but thats exactly what I suspected....that if you have the privilige to grow in an environment that allows you to dial in all factors, led will give you good results. But many people have to accept, that their room is too warm or too cold plus a few other imperfections, under which hps is more tolerant it seems.

And in general regarding this topic, I want to add, that I always observe when watching videos from big facitlities like jungle boyz etc., that when I see them walking through the led rooms I think "wow, quite impressive, I didnt know that you can get such nice results with led"......then they walk trough a hps room and I am just blown away by the size of all the colas that are in an other world than the ones in the led-rooms... I noticed this again and again in several videos....And these people have everything dialed in perfectly I guess....

Murdawg420

Murdawg420

LED's.. in the works since the mid 50's, just catching up now in light emitions, still not even close when it comes to cost.. or production..
I'll wait...(what, another 10 years?)
Comparing pineapples to rollerblades doesn't make sense anyway.
Grow how you feel comfortable!

growsince79

growsince79

I just took down one led and put up one old hps. For my setup it's cheaper than using all led plus a heater, and the buds are as good or better than all led buds.

ohgizzle

ohgizzle

Any way to pull this thread back to life? Im curious as to aquamans understanding of watt per gram ratio. It seems like an interesting conversation when you really understand watts per sqft regardless of lighting source. Also anybody claiming the 1 gram per watt on hid has always been a insane lie unless they have some trash mexican dirt weed genetics and even then its never been proven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom