LED light vs HPS light yield / watt

• Thread starter GrowUp777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm confused with crayon method so the led the way you grow produced more than hps under same conditions?
You don't understand... when compared watt to watt LED will produce more and it's no question. It produces far more photons per watt. Now if you want to compare a 1000w HPS to a 600w LED that's a different story.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you getting close to 2 lbs a light . That's the standard these days but I had 20 raptors in my basement with hotilux single end bulbs and got 2 lbs per light of fire, headband and ECSD so if you have 2 lights , yeild is very important , you agree ?
Your missing the entire key to this discussion man

lbezy

lbezy

Your missing the entire key to this discussion ma
Your missing the entire key to this discussion man
The post was led vs hps . Don't they measure led lights in "pars" you know lumens are for humans . I simply wanna know if anyone has gotten 2 lbs per led light with 7 plants under each light in a scrog setting . I think it's the key to the whole post

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They don't measure led in par? You gotta be kidding me right?

Fucking rights I have with 600w and not even actually. A few guys out here are pulling 3 per light.

Who said anything about lumens... where you getting this stuff?

Gotta be a troll cause no way you actually think that if you understand what's being said

lbezy

lbezy

You don't understand... when compared watt to watt LED will produce more and it's no question. It produces far more photons per watt. Now if you want to compare a 1000w HPS to a 600w LED that's a different story.
My bad I thought we were comparing 1000 watt HPS DE lights .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Like fuck let me build a 4000w watt LED fixture and compare it to a 1000w hps let's just compare fixtures...

Lmao for real?

lbezy

lbezy

Like fuck let me build a 4000w watt LED fixture and compare it to a 1000w hps let's just compare fixtures...

Lmao for real?
Build it you will be a millionaire . Lmao for real . We are talking 400 watt difference not 3000 .

Chem77

Chem77

Fucking rights I have with 600w and not even actually. A few guys out here are pulling 3 per light.

Gotta be a troll cause no way you actually think that if you understand what's being said
If they are not hitting 3 a light and are going for weight, they need to switch strains. No problem hitting 3 a light here and my last run was 3.6 a light.

lbezy

lbezy

Yes I guess not . I've only been growing in legal states 12 years and I have 1 month before I can acquire my commercial license so
I'll do more research . It I've seen the top of the line LEDs in 20 light rooms and was not impressed . I'm sure your. Correct
The only way to really know is run the 2 types side by side and the proof is in the harvest . I'm done thanks for the information. But the way how many lights are YOU running ????

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes I guess not . I've only been growing in legal states 12 years and I have 1 month before I can acquire my commercial license so
I'll do more research . It I've seen the top of the line LEDs in 20 light rooms and was not impressed . I'm sure your. Correct
The only way to really know is run the 2 types side by side and the proof is in the harvest . I'm done thanks for the information. But the way how many lights are YOU running ????
You can't tmrun side by side they need different conditions. You can run mixed but there is a lot more to it.

You need to adjust the room conditions to meet the plant temp need as HID light produce a significant amount of infrared when compared to LED that don't.

Nutrient needs are different etc.

Yrs of experience are subjective. 12 yrs of experience and 1 yr of experience repeated 12 times are very different things.

I'm it growing ATM and previously I ran simple small 1 light grows.

Helped many with much more and some well over 20 light grows get thier shit together though if that counts.

Feel like I have pretty good grasp of most things grow related if you care to discuss I'd gladly share what I have learned.

lbezy

lbezy

3 pounds s light , troll . Lol . I do not fully understand led technology but I've been growing successfullly as a living for a long time so I'll do the research as far as my abilities don't be so quick to judge . Happy growing
Fuck 2 a light is old se 1000 hps days.
Are you pulling 2 per?
If they are not hitting 3 a light and are going for weight, they need to switch strains. No problem hitting 3 a light here and my last run was 3.6 a light.
I checked out your pics and your buds look great , its not a huge grow but looks awesome
I noticed your a Chemdog fan as am I . You would agree yeild is also strain specific . I ran the real Chemdog 91 cut when I lived in Denver and no matter what lights you use 2 per would never happen well maybe if I veg them lot longer . I harvest Evey 63 days using a modified version Lucas formula so my goal is 5.5 harvests a year . And only high quality hybrid's. That produce . You definitely got me wanting to try a side by side and see myself with my cuts .
You can't tmrun side by side they need different conditions. You can run mixed but there is a lot more to it.

You need to adjust the room conditions to meet the plant temp need as HID light produce a significant amount of infrared when compared to LED that don't.

Nutrient needs are different etc.

Yrs of experience are subjective. 12 yrs of experience and 1 yr of experience repeated 12 times are very different things.

I'm it growing ATM and previously I ran simple small 1 light grows.

Helped many with much more and some well over 20 light grows get thier shit together though if that counts.

Feel like I have pretty good grasp of most things grow related if you care to discuss I'd gladly share what I have learned.
Ok well you seem to have it all figured out
If its not broken don't fix it . But leds are the future . I'll get what pics I can get from people who took of my grows , and I can do side by sides in 2 separate rooms. All the big boys with commercial license grows are still using double ended . My largest was 20k in flower so I've been successful doing it that way but we all have to evolve and move forward. . Thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

3 pounds s light , troll . Lol . I do not fully understand led technology but I've been growing successfullly as a living for a long time so I'll do the research as far as my abilities don't be so quick to judge . Happy growing

Are you pulling 2 per?

I checked out your pics and your buds look great , its not a huge grow but looks awesome
I noticed your a Chemdog fan as am I . You would agree yeild is also strain specific . I ran the real Chemdog 91 cut when I lived in Denver and no matter what lights you use 2 per would never happen well maybe if I veg them lot longer . I harvest Evey 63 days using a modified version Lucas formula so my goal is 5.5 harvests a year . And only high quality hybrid's. That produce . You definitely got me wanting to try a side by side and see myself with my cuts .

Ok well you seem to have it all figured out
If its not broken don't fix it . But leds are the future . I'll get what pics I can get from people who took of my grows , and I can do side by sides in 2 separate rooms. All the big boys with commercial license grows are still using double ended . My largest was 20k in flower so I've been successful doing it that way but we all have to evolve and move forward. . Thanks
I have to be honest almost all the LPs I know of are LED.

lbezy

lbezy

I'm not sure if it's me but hey if we are gonna swing dicks I have no problem debating anything. But understand I'm not the type to talk out my ass and I'm confident I can show you where your wrong here if you like.
I'm always open to good advice I need more info on the newest generation of led
Lights

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice hearing your opinions . I'm going to have my rep get me all the info and really look at it instead of just putting in crazy amounts of AC
Yeah the heat can be a benefit or a drawback of HID. Some need the heat to keep the rooms warm... and some like yourself are looking to reduce it.

In terms of what type of light is best for a grow that depends on the individual circumstances. But in terms of yield per watt... LED leads that hands down when you actually compare watt for watt and not light per light.

Like 600w HPS vs 600w LED.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

For me and other personal use growers, yield is limited by available space.
everything in existance needs space. so that comment is void
My 2 x 4 isn't going to make any more with led than it will hps. It makes the same with less power.
wrong.
an amateur can yield 3 grams while an experienced cultivator can yield 2 ounces in the same space.

Its how you use the space is what counts

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah the heat can be a benefit or a drawback of HID. Some need the heat to keep the rooms warm... and some like yourself are looking to reduce it.

In terms of what type of light is best for a grow that depends on the individual circumstances. But in terms of yield per watt... LED leads that hands down when you actually compare watt for watt and not light per light.

Like 600w HPS vs 600w LED.
I need the heat, with my 1000hps running at 100% it is only 77*f in my basement and I'm not going through the water quick enough. I like them to dry in 3-4 days its now been 5 and still I don't need to feed them. I'd rather have the temps up a bit. I'll have to add another fan around the pots.

Top Bottom