LED light vs HPS light yield / watt

• Thread starter GrowUp777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowUp777

GrowUp777

Hello colleagues. I have been working with hps lights for a long time and I would like to gradually change to LED. Would you share your impressions of the difference in the yield of HPS vs LED quality, yields and electricity consumption. I focused on the Lumitex LED 600w pro. Thanks for the comments. Regards

growsince79

growsince79

I recently started using 100w hlgs. They legit make the same amount as my 150w hps. Buds are every bit as good as hps. Not much diff at all.

Madmax

Madmax

I think aqua mentioned you cant measure yield/watt with leds..kw per hour i think he mentioed but dont quote me on that.

growsince79

growsince79

Hello colleagues. I have been working with hps lights for a long time and I would like to gradually change to LED. Would you share your impressions of the difference in the yield of HPS vs LED quality, yields and electricity consumption. I focused on the Lumitex LED 600w pro. Thanks for the comments. Regards
You might want to get one that uses samsung 301s. Or wait until next year when the new more efficient diodes hit the market.

Ponky

Ponky

Electric bill vs. Bag of money ratio. The only ratio math is worth doing for. Thats why you probably need to buy the best LEDs on the market. To break even on cost in a reasonable time frame. It's a premium cost purchase. Especially when you have to buy 50 of em.

growsince79

growsince79

Electric bill vs. Bag of money ratio. The only ratio math is worth doing for. Thats why you probably need to buy the best LEDs on the market. To break even on cost in a reasonable time frame. It's a premium cost purchase. Especially when you have to buy 50 of em.
For me and other personal use growers, yield is limited by available space. My 2 x 4 isn't going to make any more with led than it will hps. It makes the same with less power. It will take 2 years before it actually saves money. Where I live the electric is cheap. 300w x 12hrs = 3.6kwh/day x $0.15 = 54c per day LED vs 81c per day HPS.

GrowUp777

GrowUp777

с риск да прозвуча глупаво искам да задам следния въпрос. ако имам 2 x 600 вата HPS на 2 квадратни метра и получавам добив от 0,8 / 0,9 на ват, това прави 960 грама общо от количеството консумирана енергия 1200 вата. обаче, ако сложа същите 2 квадрата 1 светодиод 600 вата, тогава моята мощност за тези 2 квадрата ще бъде 1,6 / 1,8 на ват LED??

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

For me and other personal use growers, yield is limited by available space. My 2 x 4 isn't going to make any more with led than it will hps. It makes the same with less power. It will take 2 years before it actually saves money. Where I live the electric is cheap. 300w x 12hrs = 3.6kwh/day x $0.15 = 54c per day LED vs 81c per day HPS.
The other part is LED produce less heat, which is a good thing unless you need the heat to maintain grow room temperatures ...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If we talking gram per watt it's not even a contest. Since I love crayons let compare it like this.

You go into a job interview and all you had were crayons to write your resume... you proudly hand it in with a big smile, hoping they like all the pretty colors and you made that extra effort only to use the red ones last 😉.

We will call this proud young man Harry Potter Sampson

Please tell me you see what I did there 😉

So yeah that's the GRAM PER WATT comparison as I'm sure Mr.LED needs no further description.

It's just not even debatable. But as always I'm open for discussion and not opposed to having my foot shoved down my throat if anyone can explain otherwise.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But this is how it should be calculated.... grams per kilowatt hr. Otherwise you get some dude veggies for 8 months and claiming he is getting 4gpw under HID.

Ponky

Ponky

My vote. Is veg with LEDs. And finish with HPS. If you're going to invest in a 2000 dollar LED array buy the best one you can get.
My friends who switched over from HPS to expensive LED arrays were not pleased. They say the investment won't break even. And they didn't gain quality or weight. Home scale growers seem pretty pleased with their LED lights generally. So consider why you want one. I mean no bulbs to recycle. Thats a plus. But so far LEDs haven't performed any miracles.

growsince79

growsince79

My vote. Is veg with LEDs. And finish with HPS. If you're going to invest in a 2000 dollar LED array buy the best one you can get.
My friends who switched over from HPS to expensive LED arrays were not pleased. They say the investment won't break even. And they didn't gain quality or weight. Home scale growers seem pretty pleased with their LED lights generally. So consider why you want one. I mean no bulbs to recycle. Thats a plus. But so far LEDs haven't performed any miracles.
Agree. I haven't seen any improvement in quality or quantity (grams per sqft). GPW LED wins hands down-no even close.

Top Bottom