Led Quantum And Sun. Boards

• Thread starter Shadrock5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shadrock5

i hope some one will take a moment and explain these lights a little.
I have been informed that the diodes are only - .3 w each so a third of a watt. Most led lights ( at least from my reading are driven at about 55.5 to 60 % of the diodes true wat. I know the smaller the diode the more efficient it is but what kind - and dont get me wrong from the few grows and pics i see of the quantums - I havent seen a sunboard grow- but the lights look and seem to be great) but what kind of life expectency would you expect from a .3 w diode drive as hard as say 185 - 250 wats from wall. And do the drivers add heat on is that just something someone with no real xp said.
Any input would be so appreciated I do like the lights and the 260 is a perfect flower footprint for me Im just curious as I have never come across them until very very recently any one have one in use for more than a year?

MW7945

MW7945

Are you talking about driving one board @ 250 watts or...?

S

Shadrock5

No actualy sorry i was thinking more of the 260 so its 2 boards but.... basicly same queastion

S

Shadrock5

No actualy sorry i was thinking more of the 260 so its 2 boards but.... basicly same queastion
Dont get le wrong they look great - there all the rage - but trendy stuff makes me wonder

S

Shadrock5

Also coming from the blurple world lol I wonder why no 6500k mixed in with 2700k or actualy thats more what i do with my t5s but i need better penetration i think so right now im mixing a mars 96 reflector with a t5 4 tube with a3 to 1 ratio of 6500k and 2700k in flower

MW7945

MW7945

They're rated for 50,000 hours but no reason they can't get well past that.

As far as 6500K, there's not really much point as 5000K has more than enough blue already. 2700K is typically the least efficient color temp.

That being said, my vero's are 3500K, and my SMD boards have a mix of 2700, 3000K, and 4000K.

S

Shadrock5

Yeah i queas I missed the 50k life so your SMD board is more or less like qb or sun board But you actualy made it to have the spectrum like that. I dont trust my electrical ability that much I dont want to have well a disaster lol

MW7945

MW7945

Yeah i queas I missed the 50k life so your SMD board is more or less like qb or sun board But you actualy made it to have the spectrum like that. I dont trust my electrical ability that much I dont want to have well a disaster lol

That's just my veg light, I have two lights I had the spectrums custom made. They're not using the same diodes as the QB's though. QB's (and my veg light) use Samsung 561C chips, and my other two lights have Luxeon 3030 chips.

There's a lot of white light out there. Like I said, just depends on you budget/size/needs

S

Shadrock5

It realy seems that led went way far left and is almost chasing the hid spectrum
Now I know led are soooo much more efficient bit wonder why they didnt just start off using say a 3000k or 3500k spectrum

MW7945

MW7945

It realy seems that led went way far left and is almost chasing the hid spectrum
Now I know led are soooo much more efficient bit wonder why they didnt just start off using say a 3000k or 3500k spectrum

because blurple diodes are a lot cheaper

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

From what I hear Sun Boars are fine. Most PCB designs are fine unless you hear they are crappy. Most are made in China and some are made in America, the American ones cost most. I make my own because I am cheap, always have been always will be. MOD here dislikes me because I do NOT spend my money with his friends.

I designed the GrowGreen boards for myself, they work great 100w at 88ma/diode 384 diodes per pcb and three for a 2x4 tent.

I think the Sun boards are nice with mixed spectrum. I did my own boards, and am quite happy with them. But I am an Architect and Engineer and I design for a living so working with manufacturers is part of my routine, but anyone can do it if they want. Just ask a lot of questions before you spend your money.

Good luck.

Top Bottom