LED RAGE!!

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
New indoor grower, no light change and seems every grow gets bigger and better. Although I do need anther light and it will be a off brand hlg copie for sure, prolly the kingbrite as well !

So glad I found this farm ! Thank s to many who have helped !

Key words, every grow gets bigger and better!
The lighting is easy to max out rather quickly if ya have cash to try and add.
The rest, soil, nutes watering etc. is the learning curve. Like said above, you can grow flower under a 25w CFL but,,, ,,,

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Key words, every grow gets bigger and better!
The lighting is easy to max out rather quickly if ya have cash to try and add.
The rest, soil, nutes watering etc. is the learning curve. Like said above, you can grow flower under a 25w CFL but,,, ,,,
Im learning something every day it seems. I hope to have a decent outcome in August. I took an easy route for my 1st try in that I opted to bypass the feeding schedule and responsibility by using Earth Dust. It sounds too good to be true so it probably is lol.

Anthem

Anthem

With some practice i was able to surpass the reported yields the breeder claimed i was using. He ended up doing a yield run to compete with me.

Seed claims and led claims are not similar. The seed claims are usually reachable but a watt is a watt. Not its imagined equivelent.

That said anyone shopping for lighting should at least know the basics. Growing is a technical hobby. Ignorance is no excuse.

But i dont think just anyone is suited to grow either.
Very Good point about not everyone is suited for growing. Some people no matter how much they are told will just do what they believe and then ask for advise once they screw up.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
If i might say. I don't understand all the arguments over lights.

All it takes is 5 min on google to tell that hps is the cream of the crop.

Do I use hps? Yes very low wattage as supplemental to my as uou call them (blurples).

I bought my lights nit to save money but to save headaches.

Where i live its not practical to use h I hh powered lighting.

I also grow just for my self any overages get given to ppl who need it as meds for free.

Guess what not a single complaint yet.

It's too bad ppl can't seem to figure out that google thing. But a lot of ppl brush off the Chinese leds because they been growing for years with hps or MH. Who cares.

Lights should be bought on the situation of there grow limits in mind. Leds will grow decent weed I've seen it. Really what's the difference between 20%thc and 18%. The look of the bud is only a problem for commercial growers. He'll I'd recommend the leds to first time growers! Cheap if it turns out growing is not for you. Ppl need to leave their personal feeling out of it.

LEDs are inferior but still grow weed plain and simple the hid ppl need to stop telling ppl that they can't c ok mpanys need to stop telling ppl they compare to hids.

Plus every led question has the same answer from hid ppl throw the leds in garbage get the newest most expensive hid lights or throw all your bud in garbage. Like fuk

Jmho

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Do I use hps? Yes very low wattage as supplemental to my as uou call them (blurples).

I also grow just for my self any overages get given to ppl who need it as meds for free.

It's too bad ppl can't seem to figure out that google thing. But a lot of ppl brush off the Chinese leds because they been growing for years with hps or MH. Who cares.

Lights should be bought on the situation of there grow limits in mind. Leds will grow decent weed I've seen it. Really what's the difference between 20%thc and 18%. The look of the bud is only a problem for commercial growers. He'll I'd recommend the leds to first time growers! Cheap if it turns out growing is not for you. Ppl need to leave their personal feeling out of it.

LEDs are inferior but still grow weed plain and simple the hid ppl need to stop telling ppl that they can't c ok mpanys need to stop telling ppl they compare to hids.

Plus every led question has the same answer from hid ppl throw the leds in garbage get the newest most expensive hid lights or throw all your bud in garbage. Like fuk

Jmho

Its not growers using hps telling the blurple growers anything. Its the led growers. They bought blurple then all white boards and cobs and now white boards and strips with supplemental red.

They are pretty much the same buyers of led since the beginning. And they are defending their own mistakes and investments.

In my opinion anyway. ;-)

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

I actually like to run a combo, ideally an HID on a rail with leds as static lighting.
My dream room was a dual hps and halide combo on a rail with custom lensed leds that could be hung high so you could walk around the whole room without running into lights.
Don't need that much pot anymore, but I still think about it.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I actually like to run a combo, ideally an HID on a rail with leds as static lighting.
My dream room was a dual hps and halide combo on a rail with custom lensed leds that could be hung high so you could walk around the whole room without running into lights.
Don't need that much pot anymore, but I still think about it.

I'm liking your setup! I do already miss the soft red glow of my HPS bulbs.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
It's not just the led growers you see it even with 2 hid users. I bought a 400w hps.

"well that's no good can't grow bud with a 400w you need 5 X 1000w to grow any good bud"

What's the saying "opinions are like ass holes everyone's got one

. Like I said gotta use what good for you and yours situation and limits. You wanna grow a warehouse full of plants then it's for making profit, so buy the superhigh wattage expensive lights. Because then they actually pay for themselfs. 1000w in my tent would take forever to pay for itself if it even could with the added cooling needed and ventilation. With no loot rolling in from the sale of my meds. Leds hids cob QBs blurplules all there place within the grow community. Why do we put so much emphasis on the price of lights? It's gotta be the price. I can do a side by side comparison but scientifically means 0. So many variables. Use what your situation calls for plain and simple hell use incandessants if that's all you can get it's not ideal but from what I've seen in my short life is nothing is ideal. Also no light is perfect except that large orange ball in the sky and its only perfect if mother nature say so!!!

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Again jmo because I don't believe anyone who reviews or tests lights that we're given to them by manufacture for free. Thats basically paying for a good review no matter what anyone says.

But I truly believe that leds will kill the hids and surpass them in every way. Eventually.

I remember when led head lights first came out. Garbage could not see a thing and could not get a safety done with them now there the standard. Hid were the true upgrade then now almost no manufacture build a car with hids now. Leds are the future.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
On the topic anyone used the electric sky lights yet? Was reading up on some of there tech looks good.

I'm in the market for a new light. Probably gonna go with a 400w hps how does the cmh compare? MH bulbs have always been used for veg 8n my experience

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

Jmho
I've always been an HID guy, but the recent improvements in LED technology have closed the gap... maybe nudged ahead. It takes a certain amount of light to grow well, but like cars, a 16 year old kid with a Ferarri fior a first car is going to have problems and not use the car's abilities nearly as well as a trained and seasoned driver. Regardless of the lights, until newer growers master the basics, the full capabilities can't be realized.
I'm fairly old and not going to change now, so I'll probably stick to my HIDs and 40 year old boat anchor ballasts... but LEDs are going to replace them someday soon. I like the HID as it is perfectly suited for my style of growing as well as growing taller strains indoors, with plenty of side lighting... LEDs don't seem to give the same coverage around the perimeters and horizontally... the design of the LED istelf is generally more more directional than a glass bulb.

BeanLade

BeanLade

And jesus people. How many home growers you know that have 4k+ extra money to toss around just on grow lights?

His situation.. sure math works out.

But its not gonna work out for most small growers. End of story. What's the point when it applies to almost no
one.

It's super misleading. What's funny is how trusting alot of you are to anyone that has money and sounds confident.
I used Ikea growlights for years.....worked for me :) didnt know any better at the time, run samsung quantum boards now, all 60w, no heatsink no fans great results :)

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Im learning something every day it seems. I hope to have a decent outcome in August. I took an easy route for my 1st try in that I opted to bypass the feeding schedule and responsibility by using Earth Dust. It sounds too good to be true so it probably is lol.

"If you go to sleep without learning something; you have just wasted a gift from God!" ... my Grandmother

When you stop learning, you need to just lay down and close your eyes... IMHO 🤓 😎 Learning is fun!!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

"If you go to sleep without learning something; you have just wasted a gift from God!" ... my Grandmother

When you stop learning, you need to just lay down and close your eyes... IMHO 🤓 😎 Learning is fun!!
Thats what I love about gardening in general. ALWAYS a learning experience! I started off as a small kid helping my grandmother in her garden. She had violets and miniature hot peppers in containers in the house. I would try to transplant weeds, haha how ironic, into butter bowls and grow them. I bought a tiller when I bought my house and grow a garden every season. Then the wife wanted me to put some mulch in our dilapidated landscape and I went full on ocd with flowers and perineal landscape. Lol now I have a MMJ card and FINALLY get to grow some WEE WEEE WEEEED! Feel like the little pig HA!
Took these pictures yesterday

20200510 061054
20200509 082158
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I've always been an HID guy, but the recent improvements in LED technology have closed the gap... maybe nudged ahead. It takes a certain amount of light to grow well, but like cars, a 16 year old kid with a Ferarri fior a first car is going to have problems and not use the car's abilities nearly as well as a trained and seasoned driver. Regardless of the lights, until newer growers master the basics, the full capabilities can't be realized.
I'm fairly old and not going to change now, so I'll probably stick to my HIDs and 40 year old boat anchor ballasts... but LEDs are going to replace them someday soon. I like the HID as it is perfectly suited for my style of growing as well as growing taller strains indoors, with plenty of side lighting... LEDs don't seem to give the same coverage around the perimeters and horizontally... the design of the LED istelf is generally more more directional than a glass bulb.

I think that is true with most "tools"

In photography; it is most often not the camera or lens that creates the photograph.

A photo taken with a pocket instamatic or todays average cell phone can take award winning photos. What you see with an experienced eye and the knowledge of HOW to use the tool does more to determine to final photo. Practice, practice, practice; then practice some more. Knowledge is the real power.

🥂 😎

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom