LED Test grow 126 Watt panel Scrog

• Thread starter The Joker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Joker

The Joker

I have started a new grow to test this LED light from LED girl. To say I have been busy lately would be an understatement. I will try to keep this thread updated at least once a week.

The girls are growing in my old veg cab, soon to be moved to the new veg cab once the ventilation is hooked up. Here is the new cab ...

I am growing a Pre 2k DJ Short BB Scrog and vegged the plants here. They liked it.

The tray is a small ebb and flow I need to modify a bit for drainage. One clone were damaged from a spray to deal with some funkiness.

The strain is an odd indica pheno I found in a pack of Blue Sattelite 2.2. It has an interesting taste and I wonder if it is a SPG pheno.

Week 2

Here is the BB Scrog under a 600

I will be using a flash in the future.

New cab
Blueberries
Led test grow 126 watt panel scrog 3
Week 2 veg top
Week 2 veg
Bb scrog week 2 veg
M

MediMary

*pullin up my seat*
grabbing some popcorn, this should be a great show.
those leds are amazing, compared to some of the others on the market.
I think leds have caught up or surpassed hids in some areas.
Im hoping by next year to own one myself = )

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice setup, I'll be taggin along with ya.

The Joker

The Joker

Thanks for the kind words. I 'm trying to get the vent system hooked up in the next few days. On my first day off in weeks , my wife decides to have a dinner party so I'm cleaning to keep people from seeing how we really live.

I have to get them moved as they are ready to go under the scrog!

B

bigkuz68

subscribed, looking forward to your results. ebb n flow and led is a great combo.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice start Joker! I like the clean setup and the girls look happy... Is that a DIY ebb 'n flow tray? Any thoughts so far on the LED panel?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pulling out my hammock, gonna 'scribe so I can watch this show. As you know, the debate rages. I try to keep my old mind open or else it'll get all stiff and crumbly.

The Joker

The Joker

I'm doing two plants per the LED light in a cab. They are going under a scrog.

The six plant shot are the Blueberries which I vegged under the LED then put them in my flower room under a 600 HPS.

Just wanted to show how happy the BBs were being vegged under LED"s before they moved into the flower room. So it's great for vegging as well. The picture with the 6 plants are my Blueberries in the flower room under an HPS.

Once BB's were moved, I got ready to do a two plant scrog in my veg cabinet. Since it's a SCROG, and the light needs to be 6-8 inches above the plant, there is no point in making big plants. Just a lot of bud sites under the screen.

So it's just a two plant grow under a screen in a cab. This light does not have a big footprint so it's perfect for the cab.

I have another cab for flowering, but that gets a 400 watt HPS.

G

Gro

i,ll just thank you know for what i'm gonna learn on this one.

GreenMan420

GreenMan420

I'm pulling up a chair. My show with a 205w LED from LEDGirl starts soon over at Skunk. Just waiting on clones to root. I'm very interested in your grow, good luck.

The Joker

The Joker

The set up is a little ebb and flow I bought at BG Hydro. I finally finished both my new cabs. The ventilation system is in place, the electrical system is hooked up. The scrog screen is built. I tried to drill a hole in my res so I could drain the system without disturbing the scrog.

The edges of the hole shattered when I drilled it. Even with a gasket it leaked. I drilled a second hole with a two by four behind the drill bit and it worked fine. Now I'm trying to seal the original hole with a sandwich of plastic held in place by 2 part epoxy. If it holds I'm golden. My first attempt with a different glue failed. The plants have been hand watered since last night. They look very good though.

Cabinets need some final tweeks.

Even though I made the cabs hollow and insulated the sides and doors with soundproofing insulation, you can still hear some sound from the cooltube in the next cab. On low it's pretty quiet, but then it gets a bit too hot.

Pics come soon.

No opinion on the light. My opinion is going to be based on the density of the buds. I have no idea how it compares to a 250 since I've never grown under one.

I don't have a horse in this race since I didn't buy it. I will give an honest opinion at the end. I will say that it is tough to tell if you have any deficiencies because the red light makes the plants look very wierd. A handheld floro does the trick.

The Joker

The Joker

Fixed the leak. Got the screen in... looks to be another slow vegger. I would like to figure out a way to lift the light higher. How the cords attach to the light don't really give me the freedom to raise it in a small space. There are some holes and I'm hoping I can find some hooks to put in there so I can raise it up.

These cabs took forever to build as I tried to make them silent. Now it's just a matter of getting rid of the light leaks. There is no longer a smell with the new vent system.

Ready to go
New cab
SCrog in place
Lights on
New cab setup
beezleb878

beezleb878

Reminds of the pink panther. Looking forward to this grow.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Sorry I am late to the party Joker. You really did a great job on the cab build. You have a good eye for detail.

The light does make it hard to see leaf condition but that can easily be dealt with like you mentioned. I don't freakin' plan on having any stinkin' plant deficiencies. Your plants always look like you massage the leaves nightly and chant next to them. Oh wait, we have both had plant disasters. Haven't we? LOL!

I have my thread up and running. I am kinda testing before I test. I had a plant already vegged and scrogged it out. Now I want to see buds. If the buds have some good density I would do another run and scrog it the whole way while vegging under the LED. The only seemingly unbelievable thing about LED to most people is bud production and density. My quickie test will give me a good idea.

I will be tagging along now joker. Good luck with the test.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I will say that it is tough to tell if you have any deficiencies because the red light makes the plants look very wierd. A handheld floro does the trick.
I'm with you on using the handheld CFL... And very nice improvements on the cab Joker! I'm diggin' the veg section up top... Can we get some shots of the insulated walls you mentioned? :wondering

The Joker

The Joker

T-8 yeah I blew 4 grows in a row last year trying to mix organics and gh until I figured it out. Your plants are looking good man. Looks like a good season.

Shady: I did not document my cab build. I've been collecting soundproofing materials for a few years from construction sites. There is a yellow compressed fibreglass board that is used in soundproof panels. I used that and attic inuslation in both the walls and doors.

I basically built a square frame with 2x2's and attached 1/4 ply to one side. I put the insulation inside, then covered it with a single ply of doorskin. So the back top and sides were constructed seperately, then glued and nailed together with a nailgun.

For the fan , which is outside the box, I built a soundproof box. The ducting runs out of the box into a ductmuffler and then through the carbon filter. There are two side by side cabs , the one on the right is pictured above with two chambers. The one on the left has a 400 watt cooltube set up . Both cabs are cooled with one fan snaking through with small openings.

The idea is that you should stand in front and hear nothing and smell nothing. You can still hear a slight hum, but I'm buying one of those little wall mounted waterfalls for white noise. That should kill it.

Closed cabs
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
T-8 yeah I blew 4 grows in a row last year trying to mix organics and gh until I figured it out. Your plants are looking good man. Looks like a good season.
Thx for the response Joker! I'm curious to hear about your experience with GH and organics... I've been wanting to add some of my Pure Blend Pro and GH 3 part together, but haven't read much on the combo... :itwasntme

The Joker

The Joker

I don't know about that combo. I'm currently using PPB in my waterfarms, but once it's gone, Im back to GH. I've got a bunch of samples and leftovers I'm using up. Simple fits my lifestyle.

I like GH and Canna best. Simple, cheap base nutes.
I foliar feed with Earth Juice micro blast or Age Old Kelp.
In week 5 or 7 I use Pk booster like MOAB or Powder Koolbloom.
For flavor I use 2-3 ml of Liquid Budswel in weeks 4,6 and 7. That's the organic part, it's also a P boost.That lowers the ph, so you have to be careful, but it has a great taste.
I'm also using a sweetener from week 3 through flush.

I use Calmag if the plant says it needs it.

I know I could use 25 ingredients, but this is time consuming enough. I have other things I like doing too!

Top Bottom