legal seeds in Canada

• Thread starter kevinfever
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kevinfever

kevinfever

anyone from Ontario buy legal seeds i just ordered some back street from tweed on the ocs , hope they didnt name it after band

10w30

10w30

Supporter
i bought some in store in toronto. barneys farm. seeds are great to research before diving in. i did hear/read somewhere, i wont be able to quote it though, they said they (bakerstreet or the other one 'argle?') were sold as an indica and had very sativa pheno's and long flowering times. im a new grower, im going to try something classified as easy which seems to be 'critical kush'

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
anyone from Ontario buy legal seeds i just ordered some back street from tweed on the ocs , hope they didnt name it after band
You are the first Canadian I've seen here go with the Gov's legal seeds. Start a diary I'd love to follow along. I'm in Nova Scotia and I have an aversion towards government pot or seeds.

I have a real hard time buying from the same fkers that were throwing us in jail for possession and once they got their friends into the grow biz they say now. Mellow, relax, enjoy buy our shit pot........Ya well FK you too and the pig you rode in on!! I will not buy there shit if I can help it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bitchin at you. I'd like to see grown what they offer. Good luck... Keep posting😀😀

kevinfever

kevinfever

i just read that they dont finish till mid oct witch can be done here in southern ontario , but i started some green crack and la confidential already i kinda bought them just to say hey look i bought gov seeds , the ontario goverment web site says you have to grow their shit seeds , so i figure the receipt will save my ass , not that i have been doing any thing illegal for the past 20 plus years . but i am interested to see what they turn out like they say 17 - 21 % thc we will see and ya maybe i will start a grow diary they will have a late start by the time they get here. thats another thing they just put them up for sale so every one has a late start for outdoor they wouldnt want us growing 20 pounders in the back yard lol
100 0903

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
i just read that they dont finish till mid oct witch can be done here in southern ontario , but i started some green crack and la confidential already i kinda bought them just to say hey look i bought gov seeds , the ontario goverment web site says you have to grow their shit seeds , so i figure the receipt will save my ass , not that i have been doing any thing illegal for the past 20 plus years . but i am interested to see what they turn out like they say 17 - 21 % thc we will see and ya maybe i will start a grow diary they will have a late start by the time they get here. thats another thing they just put them up for sale so every one has a late start for outdoor they wouldnt want us growing 20 pounders in the back yard lolView attachment 974651
I don't think that's what they had in mind when they said 4 plants.😁😁 Nice job.

I tried outdoors here but 2 years of bud rot taught me to say Fk it I'm indoors only now. Cold,damp,foggy,high of 8c mid October....... ah no big buds turning to mush almost overnight, enough to bring tears to an old guy. I'm not going through that again. I still have problems indoors even bud rot one summer. Big buds in 90+f and 95% water dripping off my heat ducts humid. I bought a Dehu and problem fixed. Anyways ramblinhigh...GL

I'm sure there are many silent Canadians that are interested in how they grow. keep posting for us all to see.

kevinfever

kevinfever

tbh i dont think many people know that you have to buy your "starting material" from the goverment , if a cop ask say you lost your receipt you could talk your way in to a lost crop or a fine . not sure how they will regulate this dna test ? government is making things worse if you ask me shit seeds , limited supply , misinformation . we have so many excellent seed suppliers that are now gray market seeds , consumers need selection not two strains

10w30

10w30

Supporter
tbh i dont think many people know that you have to buy your "starting material" from the goverment ,
i might have read that before. yikers huh. i should get some from ocs. thanks for posting. what a messed up system.

edit: bought a pack. $60. picking them up at post office as that was the only shipping option. 5-10 days.

Last edited:
10w30

10w30

Supporter
the 30 gram limit is really something. you can buy crazy amounts of carts at a premium price, or 30 grams of flowers. cheapest 28gram of flower is 117.xx delivered pretty good. not being able to buy 2 at a time is my gripe because they say the industry is new and supply is low.

as example you cant buy 28 gram ounce and 4 seeds on one order.

hst on the seeds was 6.90

Screen Shot 2020 05 18 at 65052 PM
Screen Shot 2020 05 18 at 65312 PM
Screen Shot 2020 05 18 at 65349 PM
Last edited:
kevinfever

kevinfever

shit i should of got some of that wasnt even thinking of getting smoke from them just got seeds and out , let me know how it is and i mean i always get my shit from the gov lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
the 30 gram limit is really something. you can buy crazy amounts of carts at a premium price, or 30 grams of flowers. cheapest 28gram of flower is 117.xx delivered pretty good. not being able to buy 2 at a time is my gripe because they say the industry is new and supply is low.

I hope I never have to buy gov pot again. I bought it 3-4 times returned it once for money back. Shit stuff tasted like smoking stems. I had a delay in a crop coming in ( bad timing and I was out ) so I broke down and enter the store to buy. An old gov employee came over and asked If she could help. Like getting sex advice from a priest. WTF do they know other than what they read or were trained to recommend. I waved her off with a back handed flip and a chuckle not today lady.

The guys at the dispensaries new their stuff and might pinch off a bit extra for return customers. The sterile Pharmacy look just doesn't cut it in my books. Over 50 years of buying and growing pot and they sterilize the procedure to attract the young and impressionable millennial's.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Awesome plants. I'm growing outdoors for the first time in Ontario.
1. Face on fire from Archive
2. Light Speed from Archive
3. Chemdog #4 X G.S.C. from Divine
4. Currylato from the Plug
5. Pineapple Express 2
Hope I get one like you.

What are you guys using for ur soil mix.

kevinfever

kevinfever

them plants were growing in the ground the soil was rich already just added bat guano from gaiai green for flowering, im growing in premixed soil this year for first time in containers you can check my post for what im trying out so far so good x

10w30

10w30

Supporter
Bakerstreet is hindu kush apparently. the only legal seeds for germination in ontario and the harmonized sales tax is $6.90 for the 4 pack. mahhaahahaahaa

kevinfever

kevinfever

it says 100% yet finishes mid october im hearing lots of good and bad so we will find out , your the only other person iv talked to thats ordered them

the rrock

the rrock

Awesome plants. I'm growing outdoors for the first time in Ontario.
1. Face on fire from Archive
2. Light Speed from Archive
3. Chemdog #4 X G.S.C. from Divine
4. Currylato from the Plug
5. Pineapple Express 2
Hope I get one like you.

What are you guys using for ur soil mix.
Just sprouted some light speed also for outdoors in nocal, lets get this party started... my first archive strain- lm jacked!!!

juggernaut

juggernaut

I'm going rev 2.1 and extra worm castings. I'm thinking of planting outdoors this weekend?

kevinfever

kevinfever

I'm going rev 2.1 and extra worm castings. I'm thinking of planting outdoors this weekend?
i read his book or pdf file good read i would love to start my own worm bins make my own castings , the rev does it all in an apartment so it shouldnt be to hard to set up in the back yard

kevinfever

kevinfever

i also got a couple grams of bakersteet buds to see what it smokes like at $9.90 a gram

Top Bottom