Lemon Alien Dawg Hermie Prone

• Thread starter rb420det
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
green punk

green punk

It seems the topic that continues to swirl here is what is "breeding" as opposed to making seeds. I believe it is possible as HS has said to have the outcome be killer out of the gate. But I believe for it to be breeding there needs to be some selection and F2 and F3 and some back crosses. Putting pollen on a selected female from a male is seed making.
The dog topic is on point. Look at horse racing, cattle and sheep. Show quality cattle are super high dollar, and very selectively bred. Bull seaman goes for thousands per pop for the show steer crowd. Every successful race horse has some well know stud who has a long line of papers to back it up. Not, "this little filly with the real pretty tail was selected cuz we like her tail, from down Kansas way, was selected to be bred to Ill Have Another"."We hope her foals will run fast and have that real pretty tail".... etc.
I could go on.

I hope to see any up and coming seed makers to embrace transparency with thorough documentation of how they operate.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Yo HS I do fully agree with you.

I do believe you could find a grail in one pack, or ten thousand. There are way too many factors to even decide, I'm merely saying if you pop one pack and find a "great" pheno, the only comparisons you will have that make said plant "great" are the 9 shitty ones or the parents.

In my opinion, you need to find the one that had everything, then keep popping until you find one better.

then pollen chuck. Haha.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
It seems the topic that continues to swirl here is what is "breeding" as opposed to making seeds. I believe it is possible as HS has said to have the outcome be killer out of the gate. But I believe for it to be breeding there needs to be some selection and F2 and F3 and some back crosses. Putting pollen on a selected female from a male is seed making.
The dog topic is on point. Look at horse racing, cattle and sheep. Show quality cattle are super high dollar, and very selectively bred. Bull seaman goes for thousands per pop for the show steer crowd. Every successful race horse has some well know stud who has a long line of papers to back it up. Not, "this little filly with the real pretty tail was selected cuz we like her tail, from down Kansas way, was selected to be bred to Ill Have Another"."We hope her foals will run fast and have that real pretty tail".... etc.
I could go on.

I hope to see any up and coming seed makers to embrace transparency with thorough documentation of how they operate.
My uncle sells show quality bull sperm...BIG MONEY

sky high

sky high

Awe fuck.....close enough! (hope yer well bro!)

222146986 4d418ce1e6

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter

Ahh so by that rational, if a pig pollen chucker had a personality taken his lines to F2, F3, BX/C, he would cease to be a filthy animal pollen chucker?

Lol love Pulp Fiction...

No I see what you mean but a pollen chucker could still take his line to F2, F3 etc...and still just be chucking his way through with minimal selection and minimal seeds being started. True breeders I believe have an eye for selection and a passion for what they are doing...not just rushing through a project but taking the time it needs to get finished properly. Some projects might take more time then others and some might take more selection than others...just depends on what your shooting for in your cross and what the progeny turns out.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ahh so by that rational, if a pig pollen chucker had a personality taken his lines to F2, F3, BX/C, he would cease to be a filthy animal pollen chucker?

Lol love Pulp Fiction...

No I see what you mean but a pollen chucker could still take his line to F2, F3 etc...and still just be chucking his way through with minimal selection and minimal seeds being started. True breeders I believe have an eye for selection and a passion for what they are doing...not just rushing through a project but taking the time it needs to get finished properly. Some projects might take more time then others and some might take more selection than others...just depends on what your shooting for in your cross and what the progeny turns out.

And culling out herms along the way?

dirk d

dirk d

If i was going to create a seed line i would not do it with fewer than 100 beans period. I'm thankful for all the crosses i've received. but if i look back at the last year, I almost popped 150 beans and from that group i have 5-7 keeper phenos. And out of those, let's say 7, I have 3 stand outs. And of those 3 stand outs, well i would consider breeding with each of those lol.

Thankfully i have no intentions of doing any breeding :) already chopped 2 full harvests of seeded bud lol not doing that again lol oh wait I still have a yoked out Starfighter Male lol

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
If my Kentucky Derby prospect doesn't place in this years competition, I doubt very much the seller of the colt will offer me free semen, nor the former derby winner who fathered my loser colt.... shoot the jockey, make glue from the horse and start fresh with another breeder.

Culling intersex plants is one option- usually the most viable option for a cultivator. but for a breeder I don't think it means the end of a developmental line since ......

The intersex traits can be worked out!

It's why some breeders have worked their Thai lines for 5+ years to ensure stability....because yes the smoke might be dynamite but if intersex probably not viable for market sales. And since they continue to show up under a variety of conditions whether stressed or optimal, that show us there was no stabilization, and folks are upset for paying premium for seeds anyone with access to elite clones could potentially make. I think this is most folks' biggest complaints regarding F1 stock or high priced stock...or in this case for example.

I posted that Kind Love profiteering plan email for a couple of reasons....
First to show that no, intersex plants aren't just coming from tent grows and second, for the contrast.

I personally consider it a classless and slightly narcissistic act to believe I could start a cannabis genetics company after buying one pack of 12-15 seeds and combining genetic contents of one male to my library....While Kind Love were warned by legitimate and respectful companies to not pursue this path- It's a clear case of ignorant profiteers who are taking advantage of people in ways they don't even understand are dirty, and hopefully their 27 dollar a pack seeds will not ruin too many folks gardens along with the Kind Love reputation.....Yet the allure of $$ is too strong- especially for a commercial venture in Cherry Creek (upscale Denver suburb) who just harvested a fully seeded WAREHOUSE. What I see as profiteering is one company hoping to get back anything from what is likely upwards of 20- 30 grand in rent and electrical costs... Perspective is important.

I can't comment on the hoarding/sharing discussion because I'm not involved...but my first thought is that, in an evolving market and industry leaning toward legalization- proprietary genetics have the potential to be hugely profitable and I don't see a problem with protecting that type of an investment, even if it works out that I don't get to run something I really want to. For example a few folks I know are holding a sour diesel cut and have been asked to keep it close...they all got it from the same source who I don't know. It makes me sad as it is among my favorite 3 strains... But if I'm not in with the source I really can't be mad because they are. I suppose if that source told my homies not to share with me, I would be a bit peeved in that case, and that would be my legitimate, solely personal gripe.

Some of you seem to have a legitimate gripe while almost everyone else is frothing at the mouth and hoping to draw blood... While still others calmly accept the disappointment and carry on. In other words I've seen folks report problems and be compensated for them. And I've seen folks come on and say "fuck this breeder fuck this company" and had to watch the breeder slowly recede from any public contributions because of some who are unable to communicate diplomatically. Maybe just don't assume Alien doesn't give a shit... If it were my company, and I had any hope for longevity, I'd give a shit...and probably make good with those people who addressed their problems respectfully..

I think an important part of this discussion is not jumping all over the people behind these companies by assuming ill intent or lack of concern for their customers. It seems like all it takes is one bad seed drop and then all the former fans forget history and trash talk everything that comes after... Reeferman comes to mind...In my opinion, worth very little I know... I personally haven't ever gotten the feeling Alien, or Swerve for that matter, was out to line his pockets at our expense... Give the dude a chance to speak on these problems and then decide.

BNUTTHEHUT

BNUTTHEHUT

Not to keep going off track but Cali connect pisses me off cause everyone is growing these fake OGs and have this real thick hairiness to them that is fuckin not OG, so you show them the real deal and they don't even know better. People sellin "SFV" og and its a fck in Cali connect bx. He needs to label his shit right.

Not to mention people are spending more on those packs than just getting a cut of said OG

If everything that cali connection sells is bunk, then why do dispensaries all over cali sell their herb and cuts from their seeds?
Sometimes you get hermies, thats just how it is. Whether it be ORG, top dog, cannaventure, bodhi, Cali Connection, Elite Genetics, Alien. Ive gotten hermies from all of those breeders, but Ive also found bomb ass phenos from all of them too. Its funny, people buy a pack of seeds and expect every seed to germ, be female, have crazy frost, hermie free, and have the best tasting highest high that they or there friends have ever had.

Top Bottom