Lemon Alien Dawg Hermie Prone

• Thread starter rb420det
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

ok i want to understand why are people saying lemon kush when there was a discussion that he used the lemon G13 clone only from ohio... and with that being said in this LAD that has the lemon G13 in can herm on ya as i have the cut an have found that she can and will throw a few naners here and there and thats just the plant mabye that can help out a little

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

This thread is more informative and entertaining then most grow logs! Including my own...

Pulling up a chair...

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

Lemon G clone only from Ohio crossed with Landrace Afghani Kush = Lemon Kush by Alien and the father of Lemon Alien Dawg.

Lemon Alien Dawg - (Alien Dawg F1 cherry x Lemon Kush)
== (Chemdog D x Alien Tech) x (Lemon G x Landrace Afghani Kush)

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
to the original poster im not trying to go at you in anyway. its just frustrating how many of these threads come up and theres never any pictures. as for the plant in the 1st pic you put up i do not see anything to show that it is female. there are nothing but male pre flowers if you look everywhere on the plant. there are no female pre flowers anywere.

i posted my experince in this thread. i have made a few crosses with aliendog 20 packs were sold here at the farm. the strain can hermie im not saying it cant, but when dialed in you just dont see it as often. anything with Chemdog D in it will throw nanners when not happy.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i stand corrected im back and again ill say in my tent grows since i been pheno searching for three harvest or so i have been growing from seed in tent and some hermie and some dont but most do late in ripening and not a lot just a few bananas but there are also plenty that dont hermie even late late in ripening....in this scenario with these plants it appears to be a Male hermaphrodite....even though they are Fems doesnt mean males cant grow just very interesting to read how soon and obvious in first week i would have if indeed identified that early pulled them all at that moment and killed all clones.....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ive seen chem genetics throw a few sacks at presex locations while sexing then go full fem for the full 12/12 run and clones were herm free next run.
i agree but this sounds like a whole pack behaving the same way in week one...just what i would do kill them then in there no harm done to everything else and how much yield could you loose fill up the space with what didn t hermie train em early i mean from week two you could make up for most yield loss and why keep the clones because they might not hermie next round i mean it can be done and should be done for one heck of a special plant to risk growing hermies but to each their own and do what you want i do and love it peace

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Ah thanks for that... here are my 2 pics from the 1st post. Maybe i will look into checking that (again though have been running the 1kw for years no problems) - i do have pretty decent airflow around my plants - would this help keep leaf temps down or does that not really affect this kinda heat? (also could rest my nuts on my 1kw glass its that cool)
Unfortunately RH is one of the things im not maintaining atm pretty much sits about 20% nowadays (was about 40% during veg from memory), for veg i do a bit of foliar misting if the RH is too low but cant say i have ever had RH issues in veg or flower yet (not to discount it though)

Pic 1 is example of all the hermies i had by week 1, pic 2 is the one i thought was female but self pollinated to the max with a few external nanners but i suspect majority are inside the buds (thankfully)

View attachment 300996View attachment 300997

Pic 1 is a male. Obviously showing pre-flowers. If this is the basis of this thread we all just wasted our time.( no matter how entertaining!!) get your environment dialed and try running your FEMALES again.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Pic 1 is a male. Obviously showing pre-flowers. If this is the basis of this thread we all just wasted our time.( no matter how entertaining!!) get your environment dialed and try running your FEMALES again.
If anything, all the other pics that were documenting some Hermie tendencies for whatever reason, was worthy of a thread. If I were Alien, I'd want all the feedback(good or bad) I could get, fwiw

dirk d

dirk d

lol didn't even realize that first pic in #100 looks like a fing male! lol no wonder it had balls lol it's a dude lol and out of the 100's of pheno's i've gone through i never seen a hermy on week 1 of flower fyi.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

monkey wrench period the reason why i choose to try to understand hermies is because I've found plants that only grow male parts if grown out to long or past maturity meaning they should be harvested sooner, plenty of plants worth learning how to grow not that you don't know how to grow but the plant that stresses out and hermies is a plant needed learning in order to prevent it but i don't think its worth learning how to grow a hermie that shows its hermie traits so early after veg. the reason why i could be interpreted as acting like an ass was in reaction to the thread title and publicity, bad or good i guess the say its good either way but this thread blew up instantly another reason why i grow gifted or self made beans less room for finger pointing and banking the ranch on any one thing just kill those hermies instantly you know and don't put all your bread in one basket and have fun growing.....

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I must be one of the dick heads. One thing though. I have seen and killed hundreds of hermies in my days. I chose not to comment because there was some much theory and analysis and lack of practical experience coming from a particular poster I have chose to not comment. Except to say the thread was being drowned by a particular poster.

You're a dick!

;-)

urbanite420

urbanite420

Hiya, just thougt I'd drop a dime on this one...

Squiggly I am disappointed as a scientist that it seems that you left it almost completely on operator error as opposed to admitting there might be an issue with the genetics. Even though I have not had issues with Aliens gear there is a legit grower that all of have drooled over their work, here, that had a large grow of Alien's gear herm on him. I'm not gonna say who cuz it's not my place. I think you should speak up, IMHO, whomever you are; you had your chuckle...My point is there ARE some verified herm issues with SOME of aliens gear. Why do you think Alien doesn't release everything he says he wants to? As a scientist it is my job to maintain a minimum standard of rigor and that means considering every possibility, no matter how remote.

Yes, Alien has some badass gear, the best breeders do, but rember no ones gear is without issues...even JJ has issues with some of his releases(and I don't know anyone with more JJ beans than me!) Not tryin to open a can of worms but we should get off the "next best breeders" nuts and take a step back to see the big picture.

R

rb420det

sigh, you obviously haven't read many if any of my posts...
i know the first pic looks like a 100% male preflower - when i posted up on TSD with concern as 8 of them had done this, and with only 1 continuing to produce sacks as a male should, the other 8 started stacking fem flowers till week 2 where i spotted a few new male sacks further up the plant.
you will have to forgive me if my terminology was wrong i just assumed it was definitely a hermie.
this is also the reason i didnt take many pics - not because my grow is shit and my plants are struggling - i could take a fresh snap of my current girls still running and how healthy they are if that helps you move past this idea that i am such a total novice at growing who cant even tell what a male is.. as its getting a little annoying now.

the pic of the "100%" male had 2 of those nanner sacks around week 1, but also all tops were flowering with female calyxes like a girl at week 2 flower hence when Karma suggested it (backed by a few others on tsd), i pluck off the sacks and keep growing for another week only to cull when i found fresh male nubs coming up underneath the flower sites. so whether this is a hermie or a male or a male hermie i dunno but thats what happened.

I have found several nanner containing sacks on the seeded LAD so far, i could take some pics when its dry, but honestly i didnt start this thread for assistance in diagnosing what i already know to be herm/male/whatever. i didnt think i would need picture proof of the sacks developing under the flower sites when i chopped them down.
as for the hermed LADs 7 of them are dead and gone, the seeded 1 i am drying out to smoke because fuck it why not. shit still smells fire and i microwaved a few quick buds and its got a nice punch considering its week 4 premature lol.

I realise the title of this thread may be a little provoking but it wasnt intended as such, seriously just try and put yourself in my shoes, this is pretty much my first forum post of this kind(not thcf but anywhere) since i started growing. i have pulled off countless successful grows with pretty good genetics i like to think (as well as total ratshit).
its not like i did 1 run of LAD on its own, fucked it up so bad everything went male / hermie and now im trying to figure out why...
no i ran 10 LAD's alongside 10 sin city mix seeds (FEM seeds and still perfect) and a CRASH HELMET clone which i would like to point out hermed for a friend of mine under some light stress.. so if all this stress im causing my LAD's i would think the crash helmet would have hermed right alongside the LAD... first time anything like this has EVER happened...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I realise the title of this thread may be a little provoking but it wasnt intended as such...

this is the part i over reacted on, coupled with the fact that i was looking at LAD as a first THCbay purchase and sure enough this thread got my attention. Hindsight being 20/20 i will not credit this thread as a decisive factor in not ordering LAD's.... Alien, until alien himself comes in here and says wow how unlikely the chances of you getting a whole pack of Week 1 hermies in LAD or Him saying I doubt thats possible....8, 9 out of pack is consistency in this claim in the wrong direction....but its still a claim and sooooo many other folks have nothing but great things to say so I'm over it and not so upset about this thread actually kicked me into hermie prevention gear and i taped a red led light in my veg. dark cycle and i cleaned up suckers on my week 2 flowering plants peace and chicken grease

Top Bottom