Lemon Alien Dawg Hermie Prone

• Thread starter rb420det
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Enough with pages of drama- back on track pronto and drop the trash talking please.

From my experience- I just finished running through quite a few beans, end results were some interesting smells and flavors. Had a couple plants throw nanners, leading culprit was prob best smelling outta the bunch, a nice pebble'y/trix smelling LAD. Saw few nans during the flush, but def found more while trimming. Not early enough to seed but def there. Shame since it was best smelling of the bunch. Also had an ANOG throw a few but everything else was solid at stayin full on lady.

Natural

Natural

1001 ways to kill a hermie my favorite is yanking, cutting roots from stalk and and folding plant up double bagging and off to the hermie cemetery that includes clones peace......
jahjahhaha...especially if she's spitting nanners everywhere...the plants I have herming in my seed pop room won't get executed just yet though...if she's doesn't seem that seeded I trim all the lowers..move her up front where i can keep a daily on her and let them finish..gonna have some killer buds for smoke and hash with only a few seeds in them. These are not full-on aggressive herms..more like passive aggressive..lol.

sky high

sky high

No, I'm not happy with Alien or his gear. The 30% of posts I made where I bitch about the experience are in the private section...where hopefully you no longer reside. I don't HAVE TO like or bow down (like you) to anyone who sells me $600 worth of seeds that aren't as good as the freebies from the Farm itself. I had no hermies, but the person growing along with me did. On top of that, none of the 40+ plants we went through were worthy of keeping and none of the packs were worth the $150 a pack I paid for them. $600 and 5 months of time/energy completely wasted. The seeds were purchased here, and continue to be sold here, so I have a right to speak truthfully to detail what I found (or didn't find in this instance) just like the OP had a right too speak to what he found.

EDITED BY SEAMAIDEN:
REASON: Keeping thread on topic. :)

F

fuzzy

I think the thing to do is to do a little research on a bunch of other ppls grows on the LaD(cause i know they are out there) and see how many Others have hermied and then decide if it was grower error or genes from alien,peace,fuzzy

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

This reminds me of an old saying " you can get a good look at a steak from sticking your head up a butchers ass but wouldn't you rather just take his word for it" wait I think I messed that up... I don't think it pertains anyway. Ok back to business fellas!

squiggly

squiggly

This reminds me of an old saying " you can get a good look at a steak from sticking your head up a butchers ass but wouldn't you rather just take his word for it" wait I think I messed that up... I don't think it pertains anyway. Ok back to business fellas!

Close 2nd place on best post in the thread imo.

Torched

Torched

This thread could've been a useful repository for people to compare notes in hopes of trying to nail down situations that trigger these herm. issues. With the exception of a few, I think most people's intentions were genuinely good-natured in the beginning. Then it kind of devolved into a bizarre pissin' contest.

I think most found it to be intriguing, interesting, humorous, forlorn, petty and maybe even cathartic at points or any combination thereof. It's time to move forward, though. So, to my initial point: Would any growers from each side, actually be willing to compare notes and see if anything jumps out that could help other farmers avoid some of these pitfalls? This just seems like the most constructive way to approach these types of things...by helping each other. The OP certainly seemed open to suggestions.

To Squiggly, I really am earnestly sending you my absolute, best vibes regarding your health. Also, I'm sure most people here really appreciate your passion, intelligence and knowledge of growing(and mostly everything), as I do. Sometimes though, you just gotta be a bit more pithy, dude.;)

However this ends, we're all gonna be like a little bunch of Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on, Thcfarmer! What's Fonzie like? ____. That's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool....

sixstring

sixstring

its pee-on so your both wrong ;) anyhow i have a few alien dawg f4 goin and my first plant tossed a few nanners around week 5(like 7 or 8 naynay) but i plucked them and watched her close and never did find one seed after chopping her.but im keeping her around because the smoke was pure fire!!i know personally my plant was not as healthy as it could have been so im gunna try again with lighter nutes and see how she does.some real good info can be had in this thread now,IF.....you care to weed through all the b.s.(mostly from the squiggly) but dang!! been a long time lurker mostly because of shit like this^^^,put a muzzle on this dude squigg !! and yeah im finally posting cause i dont have to worry about him moderating me.def some funny shizzle in this thread,but i would like to hear a little from alien.i also agree the op should have posted more pics of the plants in question with a thread title like this,peace

jlr42024

jlr42024

Can we get an actual mod to shut this down already give me a break! Obviously people are having issues and if there is anybody who can start a useful thread to openly discuss these issues I think that would be useful rather then whatever the fuck this has turned into. Can we all just start over and everybody with an actual problem that can post pics to defend there claims start a new respectful discussion in a different thread. We're all better then this fellas....

opt1c

opt1c

if all of this nute regime causes hermies bs is true how come my nutes have never hermied a proven elite female cut in my garden and how come i've gotten hermies from other breeders but NEVER A SINGLE HERMI FROM BOG GENETICS... only male and female plants... i think the hermie issue is a breeder issue and not a nutrient issue... i've had hermies from lots of other breeders but not all; bog is the only one i've popped like 10 packs of diff gear and have yet to see a hermie or have a strain herm on me from stress during a grow... i'll do large seed runs with over 80 different types and i'll usually end up keeping one or two of em; i've seen so many hermies i'm surprised these days when something from seed doesn't.... and i don't use reverse; which is poison but that's another thread

urbanite420

urbanite420

Dude...not to keep goin back and forth but a pion is an unstable sub-atomic particle...lol

Anyways back on topic... I would expect a landrace cultivar to have some issues in the first few years after its removed from said landrace environment until its been bred out. This has all been said already. I'm sure Alien has noticed some of this and some hybrids will be more sensitive to herming out than others. In his testing I'm sure he found out which hybrids are more likely to do so and has refrained from releasing those hybrids.

Peeps need to chill out, even me...lol at least I can laugh shit off

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
its pee-on so your both wrong ;) anyhow i have a few alien dawg f4 goin and my first plant tossed a few nanners around week 5(like 7 or 8 naynay) but i plucked them and watched her close and never did find one seed after chopping her.but im keeping her around because the smoke was pure fire!!i know personally my plant was not as healthy as it could have been so im gunna try again with lighter nutes and see how she does.some real good info can be had in this thread now,IF.....you care to weed through all the b.s.(mostly from the squiggly) but dang!! been a long time lurker mostly because of shit like this^^^,put a muzzle on this dude squigg !! and yeah im finally posting cause i dont have to worry about him moderating me.def some funny shizzle in this thread,but i would like to hear a little from alien.i also agree the op should have posted more pics of the plants in question with a thread title like this,peace
Can we get an actual mod to shut this down already give me a break! Obviously people are having issues and if there is anybody who can start a useful thread to openly discuss these issues I think that would be useful rather then whatever the fuck this has turned into. Can we all just start over and everybody with an actual problem that can post pics to defend there claims start a new respectful discussion in a different thread. We're all better then this fellas....
Good Posts you guys!
I am a Mod (in training)..I agree the OP should have had pictures..
.But obviously he is not the only one getting herms...sounds like it happens with lots of seeds...so..what?

Should I delete this whole thread?o_O

"like" if you want this thread gone

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

clean up the crap over the past couple pages. imo the thread should stay, some good hermie discussion. though this is the farm, so im surprised its even lasted this long lol.

true grit

true grit

I will indeed clean up the shit. But first i will say a few things.

And this is my final warning Squiggz (and goes for others at this point as well)- others in this thread have at least attempted to make a point after a certain amount of pages (much as you did at the start). I understand you have a large amount of education/science knowledge etc- but you do NOT have the grow experience, experience with the cannabis plant, actual knowledge from the growing the plant, or experience going through as many ALien genetics seeds as some of us. Theory is great, experience speaks in volumes. That is why folks like Sky and myself do have issues with our experience and as ive read through every post, Sky's points and your bitching- its obvious you two have a problem and even with simple humor from him you just exacerbate it. Point is after the first couple pages of theory/somewhat on point this thread has been periodically de-railed by you.

Please do not start another hate on squiggly thread or any other thread to detract from the generally positive/family morale of the Farm. I hate having to moderate, as i feel its unnecessary with a bunch of adults- but thats obviously not always the case. We (all of us) have given you more than ample opportunities to fix your attitude/how you come off/etc. If you are having a tough time right now- please take a step back, re-group and work on helping yourself. We do all sincerely wish you the best in health, but if you continue to detract from ANY threads i will help you take a break from the farm for a while.

Do not reply to this post with any type of response about it- i will take that as detracting from the thread, if you genuinely want to say something PM me, but none of this is really up for discussion.

Top Bottom