• Thread starter TreFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

All right, here we go.
looking in...
DSC_00041.jpg

Built a small vestibule to help with light and ventilation.
DSC_00052.jpg
DSC_00072.jpg

Babies just poppin' up....
DSC_00342.jpg

On to peat pots...
DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_00631.jpg

Gotta keep 'em straight! Here is a cheap way to label using party cups.
DSC_00711.jpg
DSC_00721.jpg
DSC_0075.jpg
DSC_00761.jpg

More pics coming soon....:bongsmi:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looking good - nice and clean

just curious why 2 entrances in the vestibule? you putting doors in them holes?

dig the party cup tags - now I know what Im gonna do with all my used party cups!

T

TreFarmer

Rotted first run in Black Magic start mix (soil had a musty funk to it I didn't notice til it was too late). 72 beans down :worried, here we go again.
The list is:
Humboldt Mazar Skunk Phenos #1 & #2
Pre-98 Bubba Kush X Snow (Bubba-Da Snowman) personal cross phenos #2 & #3 (pheno #1 didn't sprout)
Partner's Humboldt strain, father and son team... Humbdinger phenos #1 & #2
Same partner's Purp strain
Random "Cali Bud"
Washington partner's strain
This time sprouted in 1/2 Jiffy start mix, 1/2 half peat. And watched way more closely this time, giving plenty of air every few hours til they began to pop.
Transplanting and labeling complete..
DSC_0099.jpg

Time to cut this room in half:
DSC_0130.jpg
DSC_0131.jpg
DSC_0143.jpg

T

TreFarmer

looking good - nice and clean

just curious why 2 entrances in the vestibule? you putting doors in them holes?

dig the party cup tags - now I know what Im gonna do with all my used party cups!

Thanks ML, this next set will help. Ya, I ran outta tags one day as I was trans. outta these cups, and thought... that'll work. Now if they are unknown sex I will skimp, just like the small pots I use. Cell pots to peat pots to 4 inch pots to 1 gallon, and stay there til sexed, cuts down on room and $ for dirt for unwanted males. Otherwise the room would have had to be at least twice as large.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
word - figured ya had something up your sleeve there - digging it

H

HolyMunchies

Nice clean setup.

I noticed in the first pic the plants in the grow bags looked a little funny after zooming it looks like a little nute burn nothing too serious but I would watch that.

Keep it up.

T

TreFarmer

Nice clean setup.

I noticed in the first pic the plants in the grow bags looked a little funny after zooming it looks like a little nute burn nothing too serious but I would watch that.

Keep it up.
I appreciate that, I mixed my soil a little too rich for switching to soil from hyro. Plus some spots of airpockets in roots from clay balls not being buried correctly and creating dry spots that got really "hot" and caused a burn. After the transplant, you will see, they perk right up. Thanks for the concern. I WAS!:worried

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow... I can't get over all that plastic you've lined the room with!

You're off to a heck of a start. :)

Abek666

Abek666

looking good and clean, so far so good!
btw you found this peat cups working for your seeds i had just poor results in them so i banned them from my shedule it speeded thing's up some days cause the roots not need time to break through the peat pot i think for clones these things work better but seeds will take some little more time this is not a critic for me they are not working but in your setup they seem to work well so stick to anything thats working well
btw i envy you your strain selection... hehe have fun with these beans!

keep up your good work for your hobby:rock

Abek666

Abek666

i would be happy as hell just to have the half of the room you can play with width and hight wise i mean

have fun and a good fem rate

Abek666

Abek666

there is a Q that crossed my mind and forget to ask you what cali bud is this you growing when its cali orange bud could you say a bit about it cause its what im working with atm and looking for info on it there was/is this problem the seed company (white label seed's) not giving much info on there strain and they say there strain just take 45-55 days flower and im not buying there story cause many ppl say its more sativa leaning and will take much more time to mature? thx in advance

A

AliasAO

Looking beastly Tre..

Im digging the dexter style kill room. The split is genius. Congrats on maximizing your space.

--AO

T

TreFarmer

Wow... I can't get over all that plastic you've lined the room with!

You're off to a heck of a start. :)
I shoulda foto'd the hanging of the plastic. It goes up the walls a foot to for a basin to protect the homeowner, and to give me a super clean work environment.

btw you found this peat cups working for your seeds i had just poor results in them so i banned them from my shedule it speeded thing's up some days cause the roots not need time to break through the peat pot i think for clones these things work better but seeds will take some little more time this is not a critic for me they are not working but in your setup they seem to work well so stick to anything thats working well

keep up your good work for your hobby:rock

Abek666 my friend, another trick I learned from my wise old grandpa, I use bus trays to ensure the peat pots stay moist. Only water them from the bottom, this encourages them to go through. Roots will penetrate peat as quickly as the soil, in the right conditions. Only remove when you see roots begin on all pots. Some will have pretty long ones by the time all have come though. (It took about three days this time, I'll see if there is a pic.) Now they can die off if they want. They will take off again as soon as I wet them again to transplant. Besides as with as many girls as I am hoping for I can use a little slower and more contained growth right now.

Sub'd,

The build is looking good there TreFarmer!!! :)
Thanks, hard work. Seems to be paying off so far;)

T

TreFarmer

Originally Posted by Abek666 View Post

keep up your good work for your hobby

DSC_00631.jpg
In this photo, you can see three stages. On the left, plants still waiting to break through. In the middle are ones that are just popping through, and on the right are ones that already have roots coming through the pots. See, they break right through with no issues in my aplication. That is not to say that straight to a big pot wouldn't be better.
DSC_0099.jpg

This is after the transplant... kidney.. thanks for askin;)

T

TreFarmer

there is a Q that crossed my mind and forget to ask you what cali bud is this you growing when its cali orange bud could you say a bit about it cause its what im working with atm and looking for info on it there was/is this problem the seed company (white label seed's) not giving much info on there strain and they say there strain just take 45-55 days flower and im not buying there story cause many ppl say its more sativa leaning and will take much more time to mature? thx in advance

Random means exactly that. Random bag seed, probably NorCal Sour D, I just never labeled them. Sorry couldn't be of any help.
Looking beastly Tre..

Im digging the dexter style kill room. The split is genius. Congrats on maximizing your space.

--AO
Thanks:) Everything fell right together as it always should... but...
Still having incoming air issues, I don't want to pull from crawl, too dank. The attic, well that's a no-brainer. Guess its the ol' window mount
A/C.

T

TreFarmer

DSC_0164.jpg

Here you can see all is looking much better!!
I am having trouble loading the photo series of the transplant of the Katsu Bubbas. It shows the culprit was unburied clay balls. When I acquired them they were in an Ebb table in 6" pots, I transp. to soil but was not careful enough, the clay left places that dried out and was reekin' havoc! I just got another cut from the same guy. (different strain) This time I slid the root ball out into a bucket of water and removed every clay ball!!! She looks just fine.:makeup

T

TreFarmer

DSC_0164.jpg

Here you can see all is looking much better!! The green lines in the pots are tie wire to train the Bubbas open.
I am having trouble loading the photo series of the transplant of the Katsu Bubbas from 6" to 2 gallon bags. It shows the culprit was clay balls. When I acquired them they were in an Ebb table in 6" pots. I transp. to soil but I was not careful enough to get them full surrounded.The clay left places that dried out and was reekin' havoc! I just got another cut from the same guy. (different strain) This time I slid the root ball out into a bucket of water and removed every clay ball!!! She looks just fine.:makeup

Abek666

Abek666

nice! looking good and thx for the info i will try out the pots again with your above mentioned tech and eventualy the peat pots come back in buisness

have fun

Abek666

Abek666

the time you mentioned the watering from the bottem i looked at my window tomato grow and realised it must work so i will try this instead of top watering the next batch of cuts cause i bottem water my tomatos and they are monsters right now

Top Bottom