Let's do this...

• Thread starter TreFarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Abek666

Abek666

when you bottem water your babes how much do you give them and how much watter have to stand in the tray?

T

TreFarmer

when you bottem water your babes how much do you give them and how much watter have to stand in the tray?
Good question, Never leave standing water, and don't let them get "boggy" like a swamp. I pour in about a 1/4". It will wick up I do this again if needed to get them to wick almost to the level of the soil inside the pots. The top of the soil is usually kinda dry. ( I think this is the key) This gives the plant the idea that the water/food is in the dirt at the outside and encourage faster/tougher roots.
I water my grass (Kentucky Blue) like 3 times til July, then once a week. It gets 100+ here. I water Once like right now, REALLY WATER. Let the roots run after the water as it dries, if you water again too soon you mess it up. Wait til you see a yellow corner maybe a bit crisp. Water again heavy. Same routine one more time. Then once a week, unless needed in August. This has worked for me for 8+ years. The roots of most plants will get tens or hundreds of feet long to find water. MJ does [this] well.
I don't bottom water for the most part, I want the larger plants to look in the pot for food, and to keep the roots focused there.
Thanks 666, hava goodn'

Abek666

Abek666

thanks on the imput i try it now with some cuts so i think this will bring up a good difference looking forward that your girls go big hehe have fun

T

TreFarmer

the time you mentioned the watering from the bottem i looked at my window tomato grow and realised it must work so i will try this instead of top watering the next batch of cuts cause i bottem water my tomatos and they are monsters right now

just saw you said cuts.. same way, water soil, dome, foliar for two-three days with same light mix for seedlings. then go to just bottom/side watering with a spray bottle no nutes regular water same ph, I remove the dome after 4-7 days depending (Bubba 7days, with the Snow, it cloned in 7 dome was off at 3-4 max).

Abek666

Abek666

my tap water ph is at 6.7-6.8ph i think this ok and its stable
and in the middle of hardness so this will be ok too i now have a new batch of cuts going and it looks promising will take the dome of in 4 days i think i have little vents on top so i give em air thru this any day a bit more and on the 4th day i open it total hope this will work just have to hold track on anything

T

TreFarmer

my tap water ph is at 6.7-6.8ph i think this ok and its stable
and in the middle of hardness so this will be ok too i now have a new batch of cuts going and it looks promising will take the dome of in 4 days i think i have little vents on top so i give em air thru this any day a bit more and on the 4th day i open it total hope this will work just have to hold track on anything

I'd leave the vents shut for at least 2-3 days but remove it once or twice a day and give them some CO2 from breathing on them, re-mist lightly then put on the dome. (CO2 not as important as just the fresh air)

Abek666

Abek666

ähm how long do you let the dome of when you breath at them hehe... no really how long?

T

TreFarmer

ähm how long do you let the dome of when you breath at them hehe... no really how long?

You are more letting moisture out, and fresh air in to allow moisture to leave soil by natural evaporation. You want to keep the humidity at 99%+ the first 72 hrs, so only keep it open for a few seconds maybe ten seconds.
Using this method, I have some 6" clones 5 days old, that look like I just took them.

T

TreFarmer

You are more letting moisture out, and fresh air in to allow moisture to leave soil by natural evaporation. You want to keep the humidity at 99%+ the first 72 hrs, so only keep it open for a few seconds maybe ten seconds.
Using this method, I have some 6" clones 5 days old, that look like I just took them.

Now at 7 days I think. ( from memory:bongsmi: ) I went to remove the dome on my large girls, who look absolutely fresh, and they drooped a bit. So I put the dome back on for another day or two. I kinda messed up because I have lg and sm clones in this same dome, and I put some fresh ones in two days later. So this throws a monkey wrench in the "control" dome. Exact rooting times may be off a bit on this batch.
Side Note: I had a good buddy come clone all my seed starts. Straight to 1:1:1 course perlite:mild potting soil:Sunshine 4 Here is how we did this batch...
Materials:
3 Trays and high domes
peat 1.5" cells (the ones that are in 2 x 5 cell strips)
1:1:1 course perlite:mild potting soil:Sunshine 4
100 plastic label strips
scalpel
scissors
Roottone powder
Plastic cutting board
spray bottle with 4drops/gal Superthrive and 10-15 drops FF Grow big
Fill cells with mix, do not moisten. Scissor cut one at a time choosing healthy clones. Three sets of nodes, as one set is pinched and stripped down the stem, pulling the fibers to expose flesh. Cut at 45 degree angle on board, and sliced the stem lengthwise up about 1/8" from the bottom. Immediately spray clone end with water, dip in RT, and stick in pre-poked holes. Do 4 cells then spray each clone down cleaning off all soil from leaves. (this is how the cells get wet) Make sure to label all cells, or in groups that cannot get mixed up. After all cells are full. Spray down again making sure all cells are soggy. Now start working the lid to get that water to start evaporation til the plants can drink it up. The longer I keep my soil soggy the slower the seem to root. This makes total sense. If they have all the nutes and water they need coming in, why root? I got a text at day 12 and he said they were not rooting, I asked how moist he was keeping them and he said pretty moist, and that the dome should be helping. (bad communication on my part) I said to pull the dome and no more water, two days later, BAMM, explosive root growth in 75%, so far. They were just waiting to pop.

Abek666

Abek666

big thanks to you! you explain things really well so i can understand how its need to be you are a big help to me right now because from 5 beans (btw really expencive ones) just 2 where female so i was in a desprate need for clones and now most of it have some little roots and 3 are poted up right now so i really have enough for my next run and 3 mothers also again i dont know how much i can thank you you saved my next grow thx thx thx!!!

Abek666

Abek666

hmm i really thought i surpass your post count but no you are everytime a little ahead
hehe

T

TreFarmer

big thanks to you! you explain things really well so i can understand how its need to be you are a big help to me right now because from 5 beans (btw really expencive ones) just 2 where female so i was in a desprate need for clones and now most of it have some little roots and 3 are poted up right now so i really have enough for my next run and 3 mothers also again i dont know how much i can thank you you saved my next grow thx thx thx!!!
That is what the forum is for, besides you did the work, Good Job YOU saved your next grow through research and hard work;):harvest:

Abek666

Abek666

yes but you provided the most of the info on cloning i just done it after your tips and now im on a better side of cloning things looking good so far and im looking forward into a nice summer with lots o bud hehe
Btw i wish you super dense nugs too

Abek666

Abek666

oh btw could you come over in my thread and say something about my garden or give tips about my situation thanks in advance peace and puffs

T

TreFarmer

Pullin' out the Mota gear. Lets go with Heri's. Will wait til middle of flower to start just keeping interest up.
Motarebel.jpg
Pics coming soon of girls, getting close...

Abek666

Abek666

wohoo i love to see the motha gear in your setup, i have watched some reports on the mota stuff and im interested in seeing this plants grow espacily because of the fakt they not mess around with this femed bs. Im not certain but i think they not even have femd stuff in there gear? Regular is really the way to go in my opinion.

have a good one today hehe

Abek666

Abek666

damn my cov. debates on banning mmj realated sites from the net wtf these ppl are just plane stupid...

T

TreFarmer

DSC_01211.jpg

G-13
DSC_00671.jpg

Girls are sexing really nice, only 4 not showing. Running like 68% females so far. :)
DSC_00991.jpg

This is the Bubba-Da Snowman, and my leaf model:) 8 B/Sman females and 3 males.
One male is incredible, great smell, great height, and sticky stems, he will be saved for breeding.
download-3.jpg

Male on left, female on right. He is staying small and tight, huge kush leaves, and she is a taller version.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Nice to see the room up and pumping, those G's look great!

Keep em Green,
Giddeon

PS: Looks like a bit of a water spot on that Herijuana pack hope everything's good with those.

Top Bottom