Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Blackluck, you need to let nature take its course, ya just need to be more patient. Depending on the strain some will be flowering like crazy at this time and some, like the ones I have out, are just starting to show some pistils.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I have a question... Why are so many people growing outdoors in bags and buckets and not putting their plants in the ground?? I see many plants doing well in the big bags, but mine always do well right in the ground. I just dig deep and wide loosening the soil then usually mix in a few extra ingredients. Just curious, maybe it's where you live? Maybe your ground doesn't drain well??

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have a question... Why are so many people growing outdoors in bags and buckets and not putting their plants in the ground?? I see many plants doing well in the big bags, but mine always do well right in the ground. I just dig deep and wide loosening the soil then usually mix in a few extra ingredients. Just curious, maybe it's where you live? Maybe your ground doesn't drain well??
Northern Nevada soil sux..I mean really clay and rocks and very little real dirt..voila..bags:)

TerriR

TerriR

a) I live in the desert...not even sure I could amend this sand
b) I don’t want 12 ft plants...just small amount of best quality...I only grow for myself

Rooke

Rooke

I pushed a couple through flower in early june by putting them in the shed at night for a week then bringing them out around 8AM, 3 hours after sunup. After that, no sign of reveg and they’re still stacking. Weird what that bag did, maybe a paper bag would work better. She should survive.
I live up in the Canadian Shield I had to clear out trees a bushes to get a space big enough to grow then I was left with big stumps and huge rocks. I have to conceal them from my boys. Not that they would take them but they could tell someone else and then they would get ripped off. I wish I could grow directly into the soil that would be awesome.

Entropy

Entropy

True OG Kush from Canuk seeds, forced her June 26th, she somehow got seeded. I haven't found any nanners in the buds, have also found fully formed seeds in the preflowers of the other 2 that are still vegging! Wondering if the pollens from someone else's garden...
20190731 210817
20190731 210824
20190731 210844
20190731 210923
20190731 211138

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

B

BakAlleyKush

I rent the house i live in and its all slabbed. If i owned it I would rip out the concrete and grow straight soil, but i still get consistent 6 and 7 footers out of my 30 gal pots. This year i had an 8 ft haze beast that i had to cut down...males appearing in June in Socal...whack!

B

BakAlleyKush

These are my babies for the year. Strted the seeds outside on March 8.
20190625 051224
The tall one and 2 others showed their balls last week...ugh...fortunately my boy let me get 4 of his plants (all girls). So now i have a pure Skywalker OG with the curly leaf in the middle. 2 Super Skunks and 4 of my own varietals that i call Back Alley Kush (1) and Slinky OG(3).

TerriR

TerriR

So true

At least its a girl. My 8 ft haze showed its balls last week. I was 5 months into this baby and bam...boy.
Yeah, 3 other 6 footers that I was “sure” were female suddenly showed pollen sacs in July! I hate wasting all that expensive soil for nothing. I did grow extra just for that situation so no worries. 😬

henrythworst

henrythworst

I have a few plants straight in the ground but most are in hard pots or smart pots. The reason I do it is that they are way easier to prune and spray and keep away from any little furry fuckers. I alternate foliar feeding and pest management spraying almost every day and getting under a huge tree is a lot easier when it’s raised up. The alternative is to get down on the ground and that isn’t fun. The pots retain water a lot better too. I cut holes in the bottoms of my pots and till soil underneath some of them so the tap root can try to get to China if it can make it. I think a lot of people like to be able to move their smaller plants too.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

yours are about where mine are in terms of flowering. when our temps drop below 90 everyday, I am thinking to remove the shade but it is so stinking hot right now
Same here..a cool summer here in Reno..By now, it's usually over 100d F..The shade also makes it harder for any of my 2 story neighbors (across the street), to know how many plants are there (only 4), so it will stay.

teejacks

teejacks

Hello all,

First year grower here and really enjoying every step! Take a look at my girls. They are grown in 3'x3' raised garden beds on the Canadian shield germinated first week of April. Put into the ground mid May. I got a mixed bag of seeds just to make it all part of the fun to navigate which strain is which. The two 8-9 footers could be either blueberry, or nuken. The 5 ft little bush I believe is God Bud. The only sativa dominant I have is BC Big Bud and its 6ft but having issues... As you can see I need to make some adjustments for next year on the position of my planters. I did not expect them to get this big

Where it all started.... tried two different types of topping and training. An early initial top and late initial top.

IMG 4818

What all my work looks like now

IMG 4926

Nuken or Blueberry
Both have been strong all year. The fat one was put in the ground two weeks before the rest as a precautionary lady.

IMG 4929

God Bud (80% sure)
This plant started out really slow when i transplanted it but really picked up in July. It now stands 5 ft with many tops. Probably my favourite shape in the garden and is showing signs of flowering. Very excited for this girl.

IMG 4930

BC Big Bud (80% sure lol)
This plant has been going through some pest issues unfortunately. A couple weeks ago I check on the girls and there was a massive spider nest on one of the tops with a dock spider half the size of my hand guarding it at the bottom. Cut off the top with the nest and removed the spider from the plant. Ever since then its been having some play time with caterpillars (trying to curl in the tops) or spider mites. The majority of tops were wrapped with webbing and some had caterpillars. I hope the foliar spray I used does something before flower!

IMG 4923

IMG 4895

58630601429  1D7851D1 969B 4BE5 8542 89DDF0E91B30

58630603188  3F430A5F B27D 4B9B BF4B FF8077C8E28E

Thanks for reading everyone happy growing!

IMG 4926
Top Bottom