Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MooseFarts

MooseFarts

I tried to get the requisite “Bic in the pic” photo...the top is much taller than I can reach but here it is...this is why I prune the small stuff

Beautiful buds!

Curious, would you still prune smaller stuff when you have gotten to the point plants have top buds have developed like what you’re showing here? Or would it not be beneficial anymore?

Brown.Thumb

Brown.Thumb

My plants' growth slowed WAY down weeks ago. It's too damn hot here!!!

TerriR

TerriR

Beautiful buds!

Curious, would you still prune smaller stuff when you have gotten to the point plants have top buds have developed like what you’re showing here? Or would it not be beneficial anymore?
thanks! green thumbs are a gift! I just did the one major prune right as they started to flower. Now I only remove the yellow leaves...doesn’t seem like any major benefit to prune once a bud has started. I do a pretty ruthless prune though so there’s really not much left of the slackers.😬

MooseFarts

MooseFarts

thanks! green thumbs are a gift! I just did the one major prune right as they started to flower. Now I only remove the yellow leaves...doesn’t seem like any major benefit to prune once a bud has started. I do a pretty ruthless prune though so there’s really not much left of the slackers.😬
Definitely pays off I can see! Yeah I was just a bit scared with one plant of mine where i figured I didn’t need to prune so much. Left more on than I should’ve. The rest I learned my lesson the first time and just butchered my plant (in a good way!)

Do you think if I prune lower stuff with a few hairs and tiny tiny buds on them at this point it would only detriment the upper growth? The top colas have nice buds forming

TerriR

TerriR

Definitely pays off I can see! Yeah I was just a bit scared with one plant of mine where i figured I didn’t need to prune so much. Left more on than I should’ve. The rest I learned my lesson the first time and just butchered my plant (in a good way!)

Do you think if I prune lower stuff with a few hairs and tiny tiny buds on them at this point it would only detriment the upper growth? The top colas have nice buds forming
IMO, prune ‘em! Prune hard! My thought is that these girls are a hot mess of explosive flower production and a little trimming won’t slow that down. That said, I picked a CS major not horticulture...so hope someone who knows will chime in here. 😂

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

hot here too so I am watering twice a day now...seems to slow down the yellow leaves
Hot in Reno NV too, but I put up one of those people misters on a drip timer to help cool things off. (about $20 for 20 ft..enough for my 4 plants + a few more if I wanted)...RH in the desert is so low, that I never worry about mold/bud rot..Still cooler than most summers..only hit 100d F a few days so far, and summer has begun to wane (my altitude is about 4500 ft above sea level at the foothills of the High Sierra and Lake Tahoe.. Sure beats trying to hand mist them..But in Promix and 15 gallon cloth pots..They want water a couple of times a day..not to mention increased feedings.

TerriR

TerriR

Hot in Reno NV too, but I put up one of those people misters on a drip timer to help cool things off. (about $20 for 20 ft..enough for my 4 plants + a few more if I wanted)...RH in the desert is so low, that I never worry about mold/bud rot..Still cooler than most summers..only hit 100d F a few days so far, and summer has begun to wane (my altitude is about 4500 ft above sea level at the foothills of the High Sierra and Lake Tahoe.. Sure beats trying to hand mist them..But in Promix and 15 gallon cloth pots..They want water a couple of times a day..not to mention increased feedings.
I have noticed that my one plant in a 15 gal pot is not as big or healthy as the ones in 20 gal. I am retiring the 15s...maybe save those for tomatoes...summary: 15 gal might not be big enough to keep the roots cool and let the plants grow bigger in this heat

Madbud

Madbud

Agree with that, just threw a farmful of potential clones on the compost pile, nothing but lower sucker branches that would only be popcorn buds, while taking all that energy from the colas. Beautiful bud!

Rooke

Rooke

I have noticed that my one plant in a 15 gal pot is not as big or healthy as the ones in 20 gal. I am retiring the 15s...maybe save those for tomatoes...summary: 15 gal might not be big enough to keep the roots cool and let the plants grow bigger in this heat
One thing I’ve noticed when you’re in dark coloured pots is the side that gets the most sun gets way too hot then the roots won’t grow near as good as the shade side does. I wrap my pots with heavy white plastic to keep the root temp down it works very well I use the black on one side white on the other side grow room stuff it’s thick. And I doubled my pot size as well I’m in 35 gal pots this year the mass sure helps too I’ll probably be going to 50 gal next year

TerriR

TerriR

I have been looking at some of the grow bags...but I need to be able to move my plants under cover when the big storms blow through so I have to be able to move them. Does anybody use grow bags? If so, what is the biggest size you can move without damage? if any... PS such equipment is going on sale now so we should start a thread to post the best deals.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have been looking at some of the grow bags...but I need to be able to move my plants under cover when the big storms blow through so I have to be able to move them. Does anybody use grow bags? If so, what is the biggest size you can move without damage? if any... PS such equipment is going on sale now so we should start a thread to post the best deals.
Last year I experimented with THREE gallon bags (and 1 five)..Finally dropped them into larger plastic things at yrs end..Royal PIA watering..Even those were little trees and impossible to move without damaging them imo. This yr I used the tan bags and they did get hot too, but not as much.

8 22 18 3

10 1 18

BloodShot

BloodShot

A couple BC big bud plants in a fabric pot on a hot deck being grown by someone that has never grown cannabis before "my mother" 🤣
Not expecting much yield but interesting to see what happens with them under these conditions.
Getting really smelly and both female but no signs of flowering yet.
IMG 4323
IMG 4452
IMG 5791

TerriR

TerriR

Last year I experimented with THREE gallon bags (and 1 five)..Finally dropped them into larger plastic things at yrs end..Royal PIA watering..Even those were little trees and impossible to move without damaging them imo. This yr I used the tan bags and they did get hot too, but not as much.

View attachment 889497

View attachment 889498
what did you do to get them shorter but with many tops? I would surely prefer this over super tall!

Top Bottom