Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

heya farmers! My area sees enough rain in the fall so the last thing I want to do is get them wet again
I bud wash my outdoor plants..never saw a problem and the crap that comes off is nasty!

IMG 1391
IMG 1392

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

In the desert, humidity is ~15%...stuff dries out fast. I will use this to my advantage!
Usually here too, but this year the RH is about 25%..alot at this altitude and temperature (only high 90's this year and a day or two at 100.)

@TerriR
I think you will be amazed at how the colors and smells come out more pronounced....I was!

Rooke

Rooke

Usually here too, but this year the RH is about 25%..alot at this altitude and temperature (only high 90's this year and a day or two at 100.)

@TerriR
I think you will be amazed at how the colors and smells come out more pronounced....I was!
if all goes well I’ll try 1 branch. gotta try it .I guess it will be a test.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

if all goes well I’ll try 1 branch. gotta try it .I guess it will be a test.
Just be careful not to bang the buds against the sides of the buckets..That's when damage happens.
I chopped a POS auto that I was playing with..I sat outside giving it a rough trim prior to washing, and a baby grasshopper popped out..Needless to say, it took me by surprise, so I drowned the little fker! LOL

Last edited:
Rooke

Rooke

Just be careful not to bang the buds against the sides of the buckets..That's when damage happens.
I chopped a POS auto that I was playing with..I sat outside giving itn a rough trim prior to washing, and a baby grasshopper popped out..Needless to say, it took me by surprise, so I drowned the little fker! LOL
Too funny !! I’ve seen bird crap on my gals and that pisses me off big time

Rooke

Rooke

you know...that screen house would take care of a lot of the debris issue....🤓
Yes it would help for sure but 30% less sun penetration sounds like it’s a lot to me. Hey what do you all say is it minimal?? The sun is my key to success when growing outdoors you need to have as much of it as you can get imo

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yes it would help for sure but 30% less sun penetration sounds like it’s a lot to me. Hey what do you all say is it minimal?? The sun is my key to success when growing outdoors you need to have as much of it as you can get imo
I have a sun screen cloth to help with the HOT afternoon sun..I don't remember, but 30% sounds right. Currently the plants get 9+ hrs of direct sunlight, and decreasing rapidly as the sun dips behind the mountains. :cool:

I will take it down shortly as the sun moves further away for fall. UV in the desert is off the charts! The screen also helps hide the plants from 2 houses across the street (neighbor's 2nd story windows)..The law here is wacky..something about being out of plain sight, and It doesn't pay to advertise what I am up to, even though I believe I am complying (growing with an MMJ card in hand)

TerriR

TerriR

Greenhouse Megastore has a white 20%...I’d consider that for the overhead and I have lots of 30% black already for the sides....use it to shade the garden, my worm ranch, etc. I used it as a shade sail over the plants until last week or so and it was great! Much cooler for the plants.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

that looks good...I think it would make a good ceiling and being white might reflect nicely?
Not sure about reflectivity, but it does cut down the sun. This is my second year with the same cloth,,..got it on Ebay usa site,.
I has taken a beating from the winds and my dogs romping on it..still is fine with no tears.

basscaptain

basscaptain

well, after seeing all the &$@% , there is no way I can make edibles now. I have no problem smoking it, but bug/bird poop ain’t happening. 😡

The good news is that I have a tent!
don't over think it... make the edibles it will be ok... your all ready eating it anyways

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

got to ask... Cause this is my 1st time trying the auto because of time.. So besides the size of the plant why do you say never again ???
She only yielded 1.5 qt jars of fluffy buds..I rosin pressed the entire crop (from her) and only got 2 grams of rosin which wasn't the greatest. TBH..it was fun for a bit, but not worth my time, effort of soil/nutes. That was outdoors too. Conditions here are about as good as it gets and my regular photos are thriving.

Latest posts

Top Bottom