Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerriR

TerriR

This will decarb PERFECTLY..pricey and poorly made, (but CS is outstanding) but Google the reviews..I wouldn't trade mine for anything and I thought I was doing it right before..NOT!
yes! I do have my eye on that! The Magical Butter Machine changed the edible game for me...maybe this by end of the year! Inefficient decarb might have saved me from the terrible
fate I experienced with the one year old tincture! 🤯

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

yes! I do have my eye on that! The Magical Butter Machine changed the edible game for me...maybe this by end of the year!

The thing does it perfectly every time. A member here cracked his (overuse probably..LOL) and they shipped him a new one pronto!

I have an original Levo extractor..love that one too! I have stopped with edibles and make tincture! Capsules are like edibles, or sublingually are like smoking an edible..LOL..Effects in 15 minutes under the tongue! The Levo is cool because you can vary temps and time by the minute/degree.

TerriR

TerriR

I want to make glycerin tincture...never will take everclear based tincture again...that goes in the hell no pile with tequila!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I understand but I've been taught and I think you can search to find that above 250° f thc begins to degrade

Not true, it degrades over 320F. I decarb extracts in the oven at 260 for 50 min or so. Have had the results lab tested numerous times and it's never broken down, always just full conversion, normally over 99% conversion from THCA to delta 9.

The Ardent works but isnt necessary. Especially with extracts as you can literally SEE when the decarb is done because it stops bubbling.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Not true, it degrades over 320F. I decarb extracts in the oven at 260 for 50 min or so. Have had the results lab tested numerous times and it's never broken down, always just full conversion, normally over 99% conversion from THCA to delta 9.

The Ardent works but isnt necessary. Especially with extracts as you can literally SEE when the decarb is done because it stops bubbling.
Thanks for the input. Believe I read earlier that 310f was where the Terps begin to break down, but I believe the THC degrades above 250°f as I mentioned above, however this is just what I've been taught and this is what I do, but Terri seems to like 260° and like I always say whatever works for you! :):)
Screenshot 20190902 164240 Chrome
Screenshot 20190902 164107 Chrome

Edit: I've been out of cookies for a few days and now that I'm thinking about them I'm going to bake up a batch later!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks for the input. Believe I read earlier that 310f was where the Terps begin to break down, but I believe the THC degrades above 250°f as I mentioned above, however this is just what I've been taught and this is what I do, but Terri seems to like 260° and like I always say whatever works for you! :):)View attachment 892924View attachment 892925

Edit: I've been out of cookies for a few days and now that I'm thinking about them I'm going to bake up a batch later!

Here is one of my last lab tests for a concentrated product I cooked at 260 for 50 min. I've gone as high as 280 no problems, but the Terps definately get cooked off that high. Check the THC and THCA, also look at the CBN. Almost no breakdown and nearly 100% conversion to delta 9.
20190608 205207

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

can you walk me through the process....or point me to a thread? Are you only using it for edibles or vape juice?
I use it mostly for edibles and capsules..

@Bisquick
The 1st is a crock pot method..the 2nd is with my Levo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom