• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but.........
IMG 20190816 191256

IMG 20190816 191308

This is what root aphids and 107 degree weather can do. I'm beyond pissed.

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Daaaaaaaaamn... you have every right to be pissed.
It's enough to make a grown man almost want to cry or just set fire to the plants. I fed them imid and hit them with some triazicide in an attempt to salvage them. I see zero aphids today, but I'm afraid I may just be too late. I also fed some enzymes in an attempt to clear the soil of dead roots and clear the live roots of the aphids waxy secretions. Its all in the game though. Just gotta suck it up and push through. My other plot doesn't seem as affected.

IMG 20190814 111642
IMG 20190814 111700

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It's enough to make a grown man almost want to cry or just set fire to the plants. I fed them imid and hit them with some triazicide in an attempt to salvage them. I see zero aphids today, but I'm afraid I may just be too late. I also fed some enzymes in an attempt to clear the soil of dead roots and clear the live roots of the aphids waxy secretions. Its all in the game though. Just gotta suck it up and push through. My other plot doesn't seem as affected.

View attachment 888685View attachment 888686

Been there man, I know the feeling. Root aphids fuckin suck. What Imid did you use? I had excellent results with merit 75.

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Been there man, I know the feeling. Root aphids fuckin suck. What Imid did you use? I had excellent results with merit 75.
Bayer complete insect killer because it was immediately available and the highest concentration of imid out of the options at the department store.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Bayer complete insect killer because it was immediately available and the highest concentration of imid out of the options at the department store.

Well I'm rootin for ya, no pun intended. RA's are one of the most destructive pests I've ever battled besides spider mites and PM, the more nuclear you can go, the better. Botanigard is the other treatment I used along side merit 75 and between the two it killed absolutely everything in the room. RA's, fungus gnats.. everything.
I got the RA's mid flower cycle I think and didnt realize it. Plants took a massive dive, and the next crop got them immediately and I caught it then. Treated them and pulled off an excellent crop.

Last edited:
Bisquick

Bisquick

Jealous of you guys and the monsters. I grow just for myself really (give a ton away to clients and friends). Next year I’ll do some monsters.

Been a weird year. Half started flowering early and I’ve been dealing with an insane white fly issue. But overall looking good.

Close one in deep flower is blueberry muffin from seed. Behind it (the tallest) is blue dream. Then have a woody deep in flower but is a short one. Have 10 plants in total
5179ED9E 42E2 4A17 BE1A BF47B467AB79
C14B8192 BC96 4241 BA16 81EC8A76649D
2C5F3458 2CE9 4160 92B8 E7DD5CA86353
7446717D 649B 4FFD BBC1 F19B1AA1169E

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Well I'm rootin for ya. RA's are one of the most destructive pests I've ever battled besides spider mites and PM, the more nuclear you can go, the better. Botanigard is the other treatment I used along side merit 75 and between the two it killed absolutely everything in the room. RA's, fungus gnats.. everything.
Thanks bro. I just got my Borg situation under control and now this. Those were a walk in the park compared to this because mites are easier to spot early on before a full blown infestation. By the time I noticed the RA fliers it was too late. The plants rapidly yellowed and started crisping within two days. I been chasing magnesium deficiency for the past two weeks thinking thats what the problem was.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks bro. I just got my Borg situation under control and now this. Those were a walk in the park compared to this because mites are easier to spot early on before a full blown infestation. By the time I noticed the RA fliers it was too late. The plants rapidly yellowed and started crisping within two days. I been chasing magnesium deficiency for the past two weeks thinking thats what the problem was.

Yep same damn thing with me. At first I though Mg def but they kept getting worse after spraying with Epsom. I chalked it up to some sort of lockout situation. And because I had so many fungus gnat fliers on my sticky traps I totally missed the RA's. On the next crop the top of the surface of the media in the small 2 gallon pots went chalky white within a week after transplant. Lightbulb came on and it all made sense what had happened to my last crop. I got really angry, did some research and waged a ruthless all out war.

FresnoFarmer

FresnoFarmer

Yep same damn thing with me. At first I though Mg def but they kept getting worse after spraying with Epsom. I chalked it up to some sort of lockout situation. And because I had so many fungus gnat fliers on my sticky traps I totally missed the RA's. On the next crop the top of the surface of the media in the small 2 gallon pots went chalky white within a week after transplant. Lightbulb came on and it all made sense what had happened to my last crop. I got really angry, did some research and waged a ruthless all out war.
Yeah man. I'm just glad I know to search thcfarmer. That's where i got the triazicide + imid idea. I've gotten rid of orange foliar aphids with Bayer citrus, fruit and vegetable before. But RA's eat that shit up like cheerios, it's too weak of imid concentration . There is no reasoning with the bastards. Only way to save the plants is to go way nuclear. They also claimed the lives of about 50 seedlings in one of my greenhouses in the past 3 weeks. I thought it was just damping off or from triple digit heat. The other 50 are just hanging in there. When the cups dry out I'm going to hit them with the same concoction and see if they bounce back.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Yeah man. I'm just glad I know to search thcfarmer. That's where i got the triazicide + imid idea. I've gotten rid of orange foliar aphids with Bayer citrus, fruit and vegetable before. But RA's eat that shit up like cheerios, it's too weak of imid concentration . There is no reasoning with the bastards. Only way to save the plants is to go way nuclear. They also claimed the lives of about 50 seedlings in one of my greenhouses in the past 3 weeks. I thought it was just damping off or from triple digit heat. The other 50 are just hanging in there. When the cups dry out I'm going to hit them with the same concoction and see if they bounce back.

RA?

OMyGanjaFarm

OMyGanjaFarm

827704E9 D238 41B9 AB26 5179C427CE39
Yesterday evening , can’t complain from July 10th photo. with sparse nutrients until a few days ago and small 1-5 gal max pot sizes! (95%) the tallest one on the left is actually growing out of a shrunken red 5 gal instead of that bigger black one next to it

Last edited:
Wolfe

Wolfe

I like this little bush. The rest of them are getting quite large though. And I’m going to have some frost monsters for sure. Some of them are getting coated already. So much for keeping them from going over the fence. I tried a lot. Started them late. I pinched and super cropped and topped the hell out of these plants... This one is the shortest. It’s from gooeybreeder. It was supposed to be pure gooey. But I don’t know. I’ve grown some other stuff from them that wasn’t what they said it was. They were also supposed to send me replacements and never did. I’ve got plenty of seeds any how not worried. I’ll do an update on the rest of the garden later but it’s all flowering now. I did end up cutting out the super lemon nightmare that we’re males. I’ve got 19 females out there out of 25 that I started with. I don’t think I had one feminized seed from any breeders out there. Most my crosses turned out to be female also. Which is nice to know.

D26AF12F 85D5 4485 9209 FDCEC53D1106
C5966C74 AE16 4A00 B62A 756A701D4DAB
C91A7736 0C2C 4642 BE39 492EF449C682
69C5C694 28D3 4042 BAEE 1CF21447D8AA
3A456196 205B 4A18 BDB4 6B349FF19078
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom