Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpinCharm

SpinCharm

First timer. About 4 weeks of flowering so far and another 3-4 to go from what I've been learning. The weather here (Vancouver Island) is better than most. First frost isn't usually until the start of November. Average rain is 30-50mm for September, temperatures are still 17-20c dropping to 13-16c at night.

I'm on top of an exposed mountain top so there's always a good breeze and often a strong one. When it rains here it's only for a few minutes and everything dries up and out very quickly, so I'm not too concerned about bud rot etc just yet, though I check the plants several times a day.

I posted one of these pics on Reddit a day ago and seemed to have triggered a bunch of people angrily telling me that I should be removing all the leaves because there's no air flow and light can't get inside, and that pruning my plant to be so perfectly shaped is pointless.

Sigh. This thing is almost blown over daily by the wind up here. The branches have grown up big and strong as a result, and the inner areas are constantly exposed to direct sunlight. I rotate the plant every few days to ensure even coverage. I've trimmed some dead or yellow leaves out only twice and done no trimming or pruning otherwise. The shape of it currently seems to have been the plant's decision, not mine.

It appears that most people are doing some sort of significant leaf removal at some stage. I'm going to do some research to better understand this aspect. I expect that I'd need to do it within the next couple of weeks though if I want to fatten things up.

18BAAC91 6E0C 413F 9B50 F994858C627F
10B4B646 B17F 4CC9 B15B 5399AFE7CB3A
3B697124 D026 49F7 B3D2 4B4A2A038AF5
3E84A61A F371 47F6 A168 CFF4A7DBDE02
54E3E6F5 49A5 4B6B 8A48 BAFF88D90A85
7F1DA03C A8A6 47C1 B6B3 B2A8E101A3AF
DAF8BFCF 12EB 4D5D A144 6AB2C4400D31
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
First timer. About 4 weeks of flowering so far and another 3-4 to go from what I've been learning. The weather here (Vancouver Island) is better than most. First frost isn't usually until the start of November. Average rain is 30-50mm for September, temperatures are still 17-20c dropping to 13-16c at night.

I'm on top of an exposed mountain top so there's always a good breeze and often a strong one. When it rains here it's only for a few minutes and everything dries up and out very quickly, so I'm not too concerned about bud rot etc just yet, though I check the plants several times a day.

I posted one of these pics on Reddit a day ago and seemed to have triggered a bunch of people angrily telling me that I should be removing all the leaves because there's no air flow and light can't get inside, and that pruning my plant to be so perfectly shaped is pointless.

Sigh. This thing is almost blown over daily by the wind up here. The branches have grown up big and strong as a result, and the inner areas are constantly exposed to direct sunlight. I rotate the plant every few days to ensure even coverage. I've trimmed some dead or yellow leaves out only twice and done no trimming or pruning otherwise. The shape of it currently seems to have been the plant's decision, not mine.

It appears that most people are doing some sort of significant leaf removal at some stage. I'm going to do some research to better understand this aspect. I expect that I'd need to do it within the next couple of weeks though if I want to fatten things up.
Looking good, bushy as heck! Start taking large fan leaves off

shaganja

shaganja

idk. my hippy grower freind says leaves are there for a reason! if they didnt need em, they wouldnt be there! lol this plant is georgous!!

Rooke

Rooke

tims trim

tims trim

I have some forbidden fruit on the way! how is it?
My daily smoke 5 yrs now ... love taste..smell... high...can work all day ...night smoke ...others...4 in this group are FF .... I have in tissue culture also...as it only clone from OG ....no male...

I

Ivorysatan

100% Acapulco Gold, seeds brought back from a vacation a few years ago, she's somewhere between 3-4 weeks into flower, so she's still got a ways to go, 7 ft tall and about 5 wide, I'm hoping she'll be ready around Midwest to late October, hope you guys like her.

Rooke

Rooke

100% Acapulco Gold, seeds brought back from a vacation a few years ago, she's somewhere between 3-4 weeks into flower, so she's still got a ways to go, 7 ft tall and about 5 wide, I'm hoping she'll be ready around Midwest to late October, hope you guys like her.
Hail is a bi..h! But hey they want to live! A little stressed still I hope I don’t have anymore of it please!
E3BEC3A1 AF3E 457D 86BC 988AB00BC9EC
1DAC4C2A D3ED 456D 9559 A53CFB9DA810
CB345BF5 4195 4B4E 87C5 A0FF380D4A0F

sonoragold

sonoragold

So d
So don't adjust the pH for soil is that what your saying because my rain water is a high 7 pH. I only started adjusting the pH a few weeks ago and she seems to have taken off since then and looks a much more vibrant green..

That is called, leaf defoliation, their is alot of debate on the subject, I personally have done it alot on my indoor grows depending on the strain, outside is debatable, your plants look great too me. With that said I will strip them off the last few days before harvest to stress the plant and make it easier to trim, my opinion is plants need their big fan leaves, I'm an old hippy myself, mother nature knows what's best

GGno4 Fan

GGno4 Fan

Hi guys, here is a small update on my personel Amateur grow. Just in case , some one needs a Grower for Rec or Med, I'm looking for a job. If it is out of my State (Oregon) you have to provide for the trip fee and expenses. I'll bring the GG#4 with me. She is the real Deal. Also the Suicide Creek OG will be with me, if we sign a contract. Anybody with a Job offer can use Youtube or here with a PM ,to get in touch with me. Have fun with the Video Clip. BTW, the Videos are my Resumee.

Top Bottom