Lets see your 2019 outdoor plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Momz

Momz

2019 harvest i noticed a few buds that got bud rot early October on my kimbo kush decided to take my ladies top tiers down 2nd and 3rd tier I left to grow man they plumped up beautiful crazy weather this season in Michigan .. "FYI Google molding bud " highly suggest trash it sorry for your loss don't get people sick this is why I grow my own flowers 💔

IMG 20190906 153144530
Kinglizard

Kinglizard

So didn’t think we would get this cold snap! Would like to let her go for another week preferably 2 to flush.. flushed last night only gave it beasty blooms last Friday. And we had heavy rain all week might be ok to pull idk if there is something I can do besides pulling it inside to save it.. let me know any ideas!
Also super stinky bud on this plant! Kinda surprised knowing it came from some straight shwag! I guess it’s all up to the cure!

B2EC5905 4B59 489C BCD4 33FEA3B2250F
32E1153C 77CF 40DD 9217 B60C20659E38
Srenots

Srenots

So didn’t think we would get this cold snap! Would like to let her go for another week preferably 2 to flush.. flushed last night only gave it beasty blooms last Friday. And we had heavy rain all week might be ok to pull idk if there is something I can do besides pulling it inside to save it.. let me know any ideas!
Also super stinky bud on this plant! Kinda surprised knowing it came from some straight shwag! I guess it’s all up to the cure!
yes, if its in a pot put indoors..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

may i impose upon you for a quick comparison...?
(damn i love this site)
View attachment 910052
Not sure if this qualifies, since the Boost paks that I was given (free samples) didn't seem fresh (squishy like a Boveda). In any case, My Boost didn't hold the R%H well and it fluctuated about 5-7% until I replace them with Bovedas I used a remote Temp/RH sensor from my tent to check.

I like the way you packaged, and have yet to use my vacuum sealer for weed. I am curious about your using a moist pack inside, since in theory, the vacuum sealing should prevent the weed from drying out..but IDK that for sure. Your input here would be appreciated.

SinCity

SinCity

Not sure if this qualifies, since the Boost paks that I was given (free samples) didn't seem fresh (squishy like a Boveda). In any case, My Boost didn't hold the R%H well and it fluctuated about 5-7% until I replace them with Bovedas I used a remote Temp/RH sensor from my tent to check.

I like the way you packaged, and have yet to use my vacuum sealer for weed. I am curious about your using a moist pack inside, since in theory, the vacuum sealing should prevent the weed from drying out..but IDK that for sure. Your input here would be appreciated.

Thanks @Buzzer777 I enjoy your posts.

I see you grow for hash. Endlessly curious--what kind do you make if i may ask?

I grow for flower, so cure is everything. I also need it to store beautifully--sometimes up to 11 months--so no oxygenization is also everything.

I do NOT use any of these products during curing. And I don't seal until I have a very good cure. The absolute shortest cure time in my eyes is six weeks. I refuse to release anything before that. I take most of the harvest to 8 or 9 weeks, and the rest i take to three months. "I serve no wine before it's time". 🙅‍♀️

For storage, I don't want to vacuum so much air out that the plastic 'shrink wraps' too tightly around. Crushes the bud!! I leave a bit of room as you can see from the pic. And that means there's oxygen sealed in with the flower. Even after a three-month cure, putting bud it in an airtight container can draw some moisture out from the plant. Bovedas and Boosts are both humidiccants, which can both absorb and release moisture to keep the air within the sealed container (be it a mason jar or a vac sealed bag) at 55 RH at all times.

I've never used Bovedas (but I'm told they can sometimes be problematic). Integra Boosts, on the other hand, are awesome in my opinion/experience--just make sure you buy them from company directly and that their indicator cards are light blue .

I also put a Stayfresh oxygen absorber in when i seal. Stored units are kept in a dark, dry, cool room and I'm always amazed at how well-preserved they are. No discernible effect on flavor or smell. (I've heard Bovedas can dull the terp profile--but I've never used them.)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I grow for flower, so cure is everything. I also need it to store beautifully--sometimes up to 11 months--so no oxygenization is also everything.

I do NOT use any of these products during curing. And I don't seal until I have a very good cure. The absolute shortest cure time in my eyes is six weeks. I refuse to release anything before that. I take most of the harvest to 8 or 9 weeks, and the rest i take to three months. "I serve no wine before it's time". 🙅‍♀️

For storage, I don't want to vacuum so much air out that the plastic 'shrink wraps' too tightly around. Crushes the bud!! I leave a bit of room as you can see from the pic. And that means there's oxygen sealed in with the flower. Even after a three-month cure, putting bud it in an airtight container can draw some moisture out from the plant. Bovedas and Boosts are both humidiccants, which can both absorb and release moisture to keep the air within the sealed container (be it a mason jar or a vac sealed bag) at 55 RH at all times.

I've never used Bovedas (but I'm told they can sometimes be problematic). Integra Boosts, on the other hand, are awesome in my opinion/experience--just make sure you buy them from company directly and that their indicator cards are light blue .

I also put a Stayfresh oxygen absorber in when i seal. Stored units are kept in a dark, dry, cool room and I'm always amazed at how well-preserved they are. No discernible effect on flavor or smell. (I've heard Bovedas can dull the terp profile--but I've never used them.)
@SinCity

I prefer Ice Water Hash, and also make smaller batches of dry sift. I would be shot in days of old, but today I wind up mulching alot of bud that people would die for. The law here will not allow me to give away more than an ounce at a time, which is no where the amount that I want to dispose of.

I grow mostly for the fun of it these days, since there is always something new in the garden to catch my fancy. Luckily, I have never experienced tolerance, and I attreibute that to the many different strains and methods of consumption available.

I still love flower, and have a pipeful 24x7 or my pain returns. BUT Rosin has become my favorite for the past 2 years or so. Tincture at night with some hash as a desert, and I am golden!

I have not experienced anything negative with 62% Bovedas, but also heard about them affecting taste/smell. (Not for me though).

Can you recharge the Integra packs? I recharge the Bovedas at least 4 times with RO waterThis is the latest Rosin that I pressed, using parchment only and no filter bag. Preheated 1st; then 220dF for 2 minutes (depending on strain..yada, yada.)
Just began pressing some cured outdoor bud from this summer (2019) and it is extremely potent and flavorful. (especially DJ Short Blueberry), but also very dirty compared to inside grown. All in all, it's so fun to experiment with everything....makes for a well rounded hobby experience.

11 11 19 Fruit Cake punch

Hash 1

SinCity

SinCity

I've never used Bovedas (but I'm told they can sometimes be problematic). Integra Boosts, on the other hand, are awesome in my opinion/experience--just make sure you buy them from company directly and that their indicator cards are light blue.

Top Bottom