Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I see why you use a hothousešŸ˜…

Yea, it's not a good spot TBH. Were debating bringing it in actually. If we can light it adequately, top to bottom.

Were working on some acreage for the springtime, I'm looking. I've got some land up in the mountains, but I don't know if I can use that land, still needs to be proven, and it would only be good for an early auto-grow perhaps. Looking at Christmas valley, it looks nice. affordable, could get 40 acres if I played it right.

Last edited:
RookieBC

RookieBC

Outdoor Rockstar is coming along nicely. All my neighbor's have Powdered Mildew and not just a little bit, there are entire Maple trees in the greenbelt behind my place that are covered but I used prevention and over defoliation to avoid it best I could. I'm guessing I got about 5 weeks or so to go, it'll be a battle got a week straigh of rain and thunderstorms starting early this morning with Temos at 14-17c (57-62f) then getting back up to 20's (68+) in October before dropping off to the average 13 (50f) daytime and around 2-8 (35-45) at nights with 80% chance of rain everyday until May or June lmao. I picked up a 4*4*6 grow tent with lights fans charcol filter for winter and a greenhouse 6*6*6 so I'll have some fun with those. May have to assemble the greenhouse and throw 2 lights in it that I grabbed to help it finish .
PXL 20200922 211823559
PXL 20200922 011817764
PXL 20200922 011748282
PXL 20200922 011752134
PXL 20200922 211755038
PXL 20200922 211731787

thcolin

thcolin

A few weaker stalks are starting to droop a bit. Colder days incoming! This one is so close!
2D05AB49 5B94 4B1F ABCD C2B6F666254B
CF84C6CB 71FF 48D9 918E B34382B58599
9E4FEBBC A6D6 4BB3 ADD9 D88575A0CD30
83C43114 03DB 4693 840A 2C99034F61E1
E10BC890 58D7 4BFD A778 5A58FC7A08F3
CCA9C0EB EEC6 40AB A846 F410A7C2790D

The thought of bud rot is freaking me out! It hasn't been rained on for a few weeks and the sun has been out pretty much every day the last week but Iā€™m still so worried. Itā€™s not ready just yet but Iā€™m getting antsy!

Rooke

Rooke

Yes they did finish out at 10% amber.
I probably could have went a bit longer but mold was rapidly encroaching.
Good call my man! They looked awesome. Never leave anything to chance. Now Iā€™m curious as to your average yield per plant using those 100 gallon grow bags. Iā€™ve increased mine this year from 35 ish to 45 gallon pots but Iā€™m not seeing any real difference so far the 45ā€™s are about 16 inches taller same diameter. Thoughts? No rush your busy!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Good call my man! They looked awesome. Never leave anything to chance. Now Iā€™m curious as to your average yield per plant using those 100 gallon grow bags. Iā€™ve increased mine this year from 35 ish to 45 gallon pots but Iā€™m not seeing any real difference so far the 45ā€™s are about 16 inches taller same diameter. Thoughts? No rush your busy!
If your looking for bigger yields you want to go bigger.
Mine are in 100 gallons and a few of them if they are able to finish might hit 5 pounds

Rooke

Rooke

If your looking for bigger yields you want to go bigger.
Mine are in 100 gallons and a few of them if they are able to finish might hit 5 pounds
Thatā€™s so awesome Gl but you have 3 green thumbs!!! So last year when I took 4 lbs of nice bud no larf off of one plant in a 35 gallon pot that was shear luck and not the pot size? You know I havenā€™t been growing outdoors for many years and youā€™ve helped me along the way. I think there must be some correlation to a short growing season pot size strain and nutrition? My plants used every inch of those 35 gallon pot last year thatā€™s why Iā€™m in 45 gal pots this year but thatā€™s more like 50 gallons in the states but Iā€™m not sure they are going to use it all but Iā€™ll find out when I harvest thanks again for all the advice!!!! Take care!!šŸ’Ŗ this is what my bicep muscle looks like now I tore the long tendon right off ouch good thing you only need one tendon Iā€™m a wrecking ball!!!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Thatā€™s so awesome Gl but you have 3 green thumbs!!! So last year when I took 4 lbs of nice bud no larf off of one plant in a 35 gallon pot that was shear luck and not the pot size? You know I havenā€™t been growing outdoors for many years and youā€™ve helped me along the way. I think there must be some correlation to a short growing season pot size strain and nutrition? My plants used every inch of those 35 gallon pot last year thatā€™s why Iā€™m in 45 gal pots this year but thatā€™s more like 50 gallons in the states but Iā€™m not sure they are going to use it all but Iā€™ll find out when I harvest thanks again for all the advice!!!! Take care!!šŸ’Ŗ this is what my bicep muscle looks like now I tore the long tendon right off ouch good thing you only need one tendon Iā€™m a wrecking ball!!!
Yields can have a lot to do with genetics not just the pot size ... and sure you can even pull off a few pounds in 5 gallon buckets
But a general rule of thumb is biggie roots = bigger fruits.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
A few weaker stalks are starting to droop a bit. Colder days incoming! This one is so close!View attachment 1034860View attachment 1034861View attachment 1034862View attachment 1034863View attachment 1034864View attachment 1034865

The thought of bud rot is freaking me out! It hasn't been rained on for a few weeks and the sun has been out pretty much every day the last week but Iā€™m still so worried. Itā€™s not ready just yet but Iā€™m getting antsy!

Nice, got to love those little girls sitting in the window sills.

I doubt that was just "lucky" with that plant. Just excellent growing and appropriate root density. Pot size aren't going to make a hill of beans unless you can get them to root them up well, like you did. (bigger isn't always better, at least not in my experience) In some ways, I think pot size can become a detriment to growth, especially if there not filling the void fully, or it's set in motion too early. Much of that's going to be strain/sunlight/nutrient dependent to a huge degree, and probably in much that same order.

Some strains/plants simply cannot fill a 100 gallon pot, no matter the conditions, it's simply not in the genes, not enough time, and/or getting that early start is so very huge. Everywhere in the country is going to be different.

Last edited:
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Nice, got to love those little girls sitting in the window sills.

I doubt that was just "lucky" with that plant. Just excellent growing and appropriate root density. Pot size aren't going to make a hill of beans unless you can get them to root them up well, like you did. (bigger isn't always better, at least not in my experience) In some ways, I think pot size can become a detriment to growth, especially if there not filling the void fully, or it's done too early. Much of that's going to be strain/sunlight/nutrient dependent to a huge degree, and probably in much that same order.

Some strains/plants simply cannot fill a 100 gallon pot, no matter the conditions, it's simply not in the genes, not enough time, and/or getting that early start is a huge. Everywhere in the country is going to be different.
Well the rockstars out there growing 10 to 15 pound plants are not using 35 or 50 gallon pots more like several hundred gallons.
Honestly if your plant cant fill a 100 gallon pot outdoors then they were started way late.
If mine can all the way up north here in the cold then I think almost anywhere can.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Well the rockstars out there growing 10 to 15 pound plants are not using 35 or 50 gallon pots more like several hundred gallons.
Honestly if your plant cant fill a 100 gallon pot outdoors then they were started way late.
If mine can all the way up north here in the cold then I think almost anywhere can.

I Agree, I think going early and having good solid genetics are lynchpins to accomplishing anything like this, all the other factors are certainly necessary, but if you don't have those two components, your already sunk, and results will be limited.

My suggestion to Rooke, for what it's worth, would be to explore those options, maybe even run a few different "huge" cultivars, and see how things pan out next time around.,. (and big pots of course). I suspect some strains will get "huge" in San Diego, and other's will get "huge" in BC, but will likely be somewhat limited if they were in reverse settings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom