Lets see your 2020 Outdoor Plants!

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Orangehillrecords

Orangehillrecords

Collingwood Ontario Canada here on the check in Green Crack and Remo Chemo
Had issues getting good medium at the height of the pandemic still happy with the results, nex season gon be lit!!!
Will also Post my indoor pics soon
Peace and Love

8A57B343 DA1A 45C0 85C7 54A4CD64788B
258003BB 6943 4E81 81D2 2B320C76AFED
074B83B2 6CA0 4B31 8F3D F886AB82A180
48060198 9245 4579 85A1 9EAF2D9E134F
5EF71B08 CFD3 4273 B423 287A794C6321
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Here’s my “Do-Si-Dos F2” from Archive in Portland. I think it’s about a week out from harvest based on what I’ve read and been told. What do you all think? How many days left do you all think I have?

I’ve got two of these plants. One got topped and the other I left alone. It’ll be interesting to see which one produces more. B8KD

View attachment 1037888
View attachment 1037890
View attachment 1037886
View attachment 1037887
View attachment 1037889
View attachment 1037885
Pic's are kinda difficult to see well, but looks like plenty of amber in there too me. I would pull them. But I'm interested in what others have to say also. You've got a pretty big mix of different stages of trichomes there, there not as uniform as I usually see at this point. Likely has to do with moisture at night, maybe the fires and ash, and this years conditions, I suppose. But overall, they look pretty ripe.

Certainly within days at most. Keep an eye out for mold.

Last edited:
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Collingwood Ontario Canada here on the check in Green Crack and Remo Chemo
Had issues getting good medium at the height of the pandemic still happy with the results, nex season gon be lit!!!
Will also Post my indoor pics soon
Peace and Love
Looking good!
My families cottage is up near bracebridge and man can it be tough growing north of Barrie. I was up there during height of the shit. I’m back in Toronto now and the weather and available stores make life easier lol

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Looking good!
My families cottage is up near bracebridge and man can it be tough growing north of Barrie. I was up there during height of the shit. I’m back in Toronto now and the weather and available stores make life easier lol

Living off bush meats?

Is this a commercial grow? What's the strain your running 1diesel1? There photos? Note those white spots in that last pic, just be careful, I know sure your well aware. Good luck, they look fantastic.

Air movement is what you need there, big blowers this time of the year. (cover the tops) Especially at night to early morning. Then tops off again.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Living off bush meats?

Is this a commercial grow? What's the strain your running 1diesel1? There photos? Note those white spots in that last pic, just be careful, I know sure your well aware. Good luck, they look fantastic.

Air movement is what you need there, big blowers this time of the year. (cover the tops) Especially at night to early morning. Then tops off again.
Pm came on fast, humidity is getting bad. Commercial hemp grow. Kept it small, just starting out getting our feet wet:)

RodKoehler

RodKoehler

Here’s my “Do-Si-Dos F2” from Archive in Portland. I think it’s about a week out from harvest based on what I’ve read and been told. What do you all think? How many days left do you all think I have?

I’ve got two of these plants. One got topped and the other I left alone. It’ll be interesting to see which one produces more. B8KD

View attachment 1037888
View attachment 1037890
View attachment 1037886
View attachment 1037887
View attachment 1037889
View attachment 1037885
Calixes are certainly looking brown. Do you see any amber trichomes? I'd love to start pulling mine around October 5th, but will probably wait for things to freeze hard before I pull. One year it was Oct. 31st.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I was prepared to! 🤣🤣
Back in April I had no clue where the world was headed. Still don’t lol

Well I've just got my killer instinct boss 405 that a just bought, I'm more a bow and SG man myself. I've got a single shot 20 ga for the big fall, those slugs at close range will take down anything it hits. I've got a gen3 canuk approved newcon nv7 and just got a new flir ls xr series thermal, but I don't get out much. I have a 90KG cat up on my mountain property I think I might need to deal with, even though I'm reluctant to do so.

But I think next spring is going to be different. I think I'm going to get some land down south of me, in Oregon possibly.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Pm came on fast, humidity is getting bad. Commercial hemp grow. Kept it small, just starting out getting our feet wet:)
I just mixed some milk and sprayed all my plants after looking at that. I get paranoid about that kinda stuff, lol.
That's what I would use, if I was you, 1/10 (up to 40%) milk mixed in water and spray the shit out of them, but do so early in the day, so it drys out well.

b8kd

b8kd

Pic's are kinda difficult to see well, but looks like plenty of amber in there too me. I would pull them. But I'm interested in what others have to say also. You've got a pretty big mix of different stages of trichomes there, there not as uniform as I usually see at this point. Likely has to do with moisture at night, maybe the fires and ash, and this years conditions, I suppose. But overall, they look pretty ripe.

Certainly within days at most. Keep an eye out for mold.

Are these pics any better? Tried to get you some more close ups. Value your opinion based on your experience.

I am seeing maybe 3-4% amber. I stuck these clones in the pots and put them outside first half of May. They started to flower first week of August. Since this is Indica leaning I believe I should pull with just a few % amber. Is that correct?

I’m in Bend, OR with super low humidity. It’s 24% at 6:30pm but during the day it’s even lower. Usually stays under 15%. Is the mold something I need to watch out for with our low humidity?

🙏 B8KD

BE2E024F 72B9 4FC2 8413 9A1F0512EAF6

C77223D6 C50C 4B8A 90E4 25F02F237FFE

8A1693C8 68FD 45DD 903F B9236D7907F2

551FA311 3EAD 4AC7 9C30 EA75C9D58B53

1F5BBED3 C096 45F6 BFE7 470E1D6F0475

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

View attachment 1037888
View attachment 1037890
View attachment 1037886
View attachment 1037887
View attachment 1037889
View attachment 1037885
You asked what us guys think ....I think that's some fine frosty looking bud , good work

b8kd

b8kd

Calixes are certainly looking brown. Do you see any amber trichomes? I'd love to start pulling mine around October 5th, but will probably wait for things to freeze hard before I pull. One year it was Oct. 31st.

I am seeing just a few amber trichomes on my (2x) Do-Si-Dos & my (1x) Sherbadough plant. I posted some more trichome pics right above this post. I have a total of eight plants and seven strains running. All plants were purchased as clones from Archive in Portland and put into 10 gallon pots and moved outside during the first half of May. These three plants were definitely my early bloomers. B8KD

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Are these pics any better? Tried to get you some more close ups. Value your opinion based on your experience.

I am seeing maybe 3-4% amber. I stuck these clones in the pots and put them outside first half of May. They started to flower first week of August. Since this is Indica leaning I believe I should pull with just a few % amber. Is that correct?

I’m in Bend, OR with super low humidity. It’s 24% at 6:30pm but during the day it’s even lower. Usually stays under 15%. Is the mold something I need to watch out for with our low humidity?

🙏 B8KD

View attachment 1038037
View attachment 1038038
View attachment 1038039
View attachment 1038040
View attachment 1038041

fuck no, leave them cook buddy, let them cook, they are just getting cloudy. The heads aren't even hunched yet, once those balls start to turn downward, your almost finished. You've got awhile, but it's going to pay off. be patient.

I think maybe you were showing me a damaged spot, or perhaps something that was in the outter area's. Sometimes you have to pull because of conditions, but yours sound good. Watch the cold, don't let the freeze, and keep them away from moisture as much as possible. If you see any mold or spots, be careful, because it can tunnel, and you don't want that, be very observant and check on them daily. Your getting real close.

If you can get some air on them in the night to early morning, that would be really beneficial, it will keep your moisture at bay, but if not, sounds like your condition are optimal. I'm thinking of buying some land south of bend right now in fact. Hoping to pick up a little piece before winter if I can, that way I can start getting ahead and be ready by spring.

I was hoping to find something for under $5-10k, out in the desert perhaps, if need be, but I hope not. Would rather have a few trees, if I can find such a place. Been looking in Chrismas Valley.

Last edited:
wesk

wesk

Yea, if you can't take the bad days, you shouldn't be doing this sorta stuff, because shit happens. Pick up the pieces and salvage what you can. (many of those stems can be taped, tied and repaired) It wasn't done in vain, and just because something didn't turn out smooth/stellar you don't give up, or give in.

Doing so would be extremely weak.

Learn from it. adapt, change, reorganize, improve. I could pick apart how you kinda set yourself up for all of this just looking at the way those plants were pruned, It's not rocket science, and those plants just looked like they were asking for a big wind to come and tear them to shreds. Plants get very stiff an brittle at the end, we all know this by now. The tomato containers were certainly a good idea, but no ropes, no tie downs, nothing.

Just four big branches protruding from a stalk that's had it's main cola chopped out, right at ground level point, which worked as a mechanical fulcrum to destroy your plants.

I'm not saying that wasn't a smart idea, but not reinforcing, staking it down well enough was certainly an oversight on your part. Learn from it, and don't repeat the same error.

Yeah, as much as I don’t care for the tough love, pull yourself up by the bootstraps concept, I think this is a correct response in this case. My first plant got “killed” by something I did that was half-assed.The plant survived (weed is incredibly resilient), and I learned from my mistake. You don’t always have to learn from mistakes (sometimes you learn from positive reinforcements), but you should always try to learn from them. There is ALWAYS next year, even if this year doesn’t pan out. Your plants are not total losses. I hope you recovered. wes

T

Treespiker

dog! you got this! bust out your green tape and get to splintin!! i Have brought many a plant back form the brink, if the branches still have enough connected you will be able support them and it will be just fine. Get your duct tape, get some green tape, grab any posts/bamboo and hook em up!!

Thank you for the encouragement, I was really bummed earlier. hell of a wind storm. It took all day but I trimmed what broke and got it hanging to dry and everything is tied up best it can be back upright. Looks shady but she will do.

Props to everyone for the support.

Last edited by a moderator:
wesk

wesk

I am seeing just a few amber trichomes on my (2x) Do-Si-Dos & my (1x) Sherbadough plant. I posted some more trichome pics right above this post. I have a total of eight plants and seven strains running. All plants were purchased as clones from Archive in Portland and put into 10 gallon pots and moved outside during the first half of May. These three plants were definitely my early bloomers. B8KD
It depends on how the plants look. If you’re in the PNW, this is the time of year we start holding our collective breath and hoping for the best. If your not seeing any disease and you’ve kept the fucking white flies down, you could probably wait a week or two. I think they look close, but if I thought the plants were in good shape, I’d wait to see a bit more cloudiness in the trichs. Good luck, and nice toking (my favorite part).

Top Bottom